IGNORED

Exeter and Argyle games

ollywhyte

2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Quite a good half imo. Look a lot more comfortable in the middle. Just need that attacking edge 

1 minute ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Only pre season but bloody heck!!! What was that half. 

And there we have OTIB in a nutshell....

1 minute ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Quite a good half imo. Look a lot more comfortable in the middle. Just need that attacking edge 

Yep, we look capable of controlling a game in the middle of the park, which was missing last season. 

We’re still short in the final third like you say. Really like the look of the Plymouth strikers…

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Yep, we look capable of controlling a game in the middle of the park, which was missing last season. 

We’re still short in the final third like you say. Really like the look of the Plymouth strikers…

Yep, don’t know why people’s saying it’s a poor half. Plus it’s only pre season all about fitness and working on shape 

1 minute ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Well I paid my £2.50 to PAFC and must say the commentary and broadcast is very good , and puts a number of other Clubs to shame 

Toby Osbourne needs to listen to this and learn how to do partisan local commentary without being overly positive and massively annoying I reckon 

28 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

If this was O'Dowda's chance to impress he's having a bit of a mare! Clumsy. losing the ball.

Not sure I agree with that. He's played his part in the press, has clipped is some decent balls, not the least the one that Palmer should have done better with, and made a good run through the middle  narrowly adjudged offside. Nit a bad half. Argyle have caused us some problems but we've knocked it around nice, just need to find a cutting edge. 

Impressed with Argyle TV. 

1 minute ago, westonred said:

I preffered this afternoons midfield Nagy and Williams and also missing Wells constant running up top

I have a feeling that NP is deliberately mixing up the two sides to keep all on their toes and to ensure that when it starts for real, everyone in the squad can fit together with whoever is alongside them.

As he keeps saying, these are training sessions.

May give us a clue against Villa.

Just now, westonred said:

I preffered this afternoons midfield Nagy and Williams and also missing Wells constant running up top

Agree need Wells movement. May see Conway second half. First match I expect Kalas comes in for Atkinson. Vyner needs to do more to keep Simpson out. Williams (if fit) or Nagy for King. Palmer needs to stay further forward - he started well but then drifted too deep. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Not sure I agree with that. He's played his part in the press, has clipped is some decent balls, not the least the one that Palmer should have done better with, and made a good run through the middle  narrowly adjudged offside. Nit a bad half. Argyle have caused us some problems but we've knocked it around nice, just need to find a cutting edge. 

Yeah, but he lost the ball, other players never lose the ball. ..

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Every years whipping boy!

I listened to Callum's analysis of the MK Dons match and was very impressed. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him management in the future. He clearly wanted to get out on the pitch and impress. He's not playing well this evening, in my opinion. Just an opinion based on the first half. I'm not sure how that makes him the 'whipping boy'.

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

That's a more considered observation!

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

...he's barely retained the ball. Hence my initial comments.

Still, another 45 minutes to go!

But not something he is regularly guilty of, he usually manages to draw a foul  I am guessing (as I am not watching) that the Plymouth players are not getting in challenges to the usual extent as it's a friendly.

Archived