IGNORED

Exeter and Argyle games

ollywhyte

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

It was last Tuesday wasn't it? Palmer and Martin up top against Pompey.

Saturday it was Conway and Wells.

Apologies.

But the sentiment is the same.

They will be going into 90 minute games tired.

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

Therein lies a massive problem for us.

The way we play, his position behind the front two is critical. For several years we have not found a solution to our final third creativity problem. 

Palmer’s position has been failing, the front two have been failing. No partnerships, no cohesion, creativity or fluidity.

This needs sorting and quick. 

Alex Scott looks the long term solution, although I would think he’ll need this season and perhaps the next one to be physically strong enough.  In the meantime Bakinson could be worth another try further forwards.

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

It’s been a theme for quite a while on here. I think you maybe being a little sensitive. 

Thanks for your concern.

I'll aim to be less sensitive in the future!?

I'd like O'Dowda to come good. 

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Always feel if you’re going to play Palmer, you have to have movement in front of him or he’s wasted. 

Never looked any good with Fam, and I don’t think he’ll be great with Martin. 

Yes, with how Wells has been putting himself about in the bits I've seen him in, I'd prefer to see him and Palmer as those top two. KP will have a bit more movement ahead to pick passes out. Martin is very static.

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Always feel if you’re going to play Palmer, you have to have movement in front of him or he’s wasted. 

Never looked any good with Fam, and I don’t think he’ll be great with Martin. 

If it's movement you want then it's Wells and any one of Conway or Bell. The only issue there is when we clear our lines will the ball keep coming back?

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Alex Scott looks the long term solution, although I would think he’ll need this season and perhaps the next one to be physically strong enough.  In the meantime Bakinson could be worth another try further forwards.

Agree. Or Nagy - or even King with his goal scoring record

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

He is ready now.

53 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

My prediction for Saturday is -

Bentley

Simpson     Kalas     Baker     DaSilva

James         Nagy

Scott 

Weimann               COD   

Wells

The only change I would make would be Atkinson instead of Baker.

After thought - possibly Pring for DaSilva.

42 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

My prediction for Saturday is -

Bentley

Simpson     Kalas     Baker     DaSilva

James         Nagy

Scott 

Weimann               COD   

Wells

I’d certainly like to see that too 

45 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

People moaning about players form or penalty taking ability in a bloody friendly ????. Get a grip 

People just discussing what they are watching. Haven’t seen people moan. I get friendlies aren’t for everyone but some people do enjoy them. I take it you don’t watch them 

Get a new striker and I think we’ll be alright. Look a lot stronger and fitter imo. Lots of good wing play aswell which we hardly saw last season. O’dowda a lot more confident i.e always looking to beat his man just needs a little more composure.

With Wells being abit more mobile id like to see him with Palmer in behind. Exciting times with a very strong squad this season although as I said a striker short and maybe another winger to compete.

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

Feels as if we’re a bit imbalanced, as based on what I’ve seen so far, it would probably 3 centre mids (James/Williams/Nagy) with one of Scott/Bakinson/Palmer further forward (Scott would be my preference, but realise that’s got a high risk of getting carried away with very limited evidence) and then Wells plus Conway or Weimann up front.

But so narrow it would probably be known as the cheese wire. So far not keen on our width options, quite like the spine, which in fairness Nige said was the focus.

5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Get a new striker and I think we’ll be alright. Look a lot stronger and fitter imo. Lots of good wing play aswell which we hardly saw last season. O’dowda a lot more confident i.e always looking to beat his man just needs a little more composure.

With Wells being abit more mobile id like to see him with Palmer in behind. Exciting times with a very strong squad this season although as I said a striker short and maybe another winger to compete.

We could really do with a winger.....just so we can change it up when required as much as anything. Unless they think Janneh is going to break through?

6 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I like your assessment. Personally I think we are a lot stronger than many give us credit for. 

I keep reading 13th 11th etc etc. but I’m more upbeat. Pearson wants to hit teams down the flanks pretty obviously and we have an abundance of pace there. 

im hoping to be challenging at the good end. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We could really do with a winger.....just so we can change it up when required as much as anything. Unless they think Janneh is going to break through?

and Sam Pearson, don't get your hopes up for a new winger - IMO

11 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Feels as if we’re a bit imbalanced, as based on what I’ve seen so far, it would probably 3 centre mids (James/Williams/Nagy) with one of Scott/Bakinson/Palmer further forward (Scott would be my preference, but realise that’s got a high risk of getting carried away with very limited evidence) and then Wells plus Conway or Weimann up front.

But so narrow it would probably be known as the cheese wire. So far not keen on our width options, quite like the spine, which in fairness Nige said was the focus.

Where does the forgotten man of City supporters fit?

Some young French kid called Missingo. I've heard he is quite useful.

Also remember Semenyo?

12 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Palmer is to inconsistent. Put Scott just behind Wells. Superb footballer.

Archived