IGNORED

Exeter and Argyle games

ollywhyte

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Always feel if you’re going to play Palmer, you have to have movement in front of him or he’s wasted. 

Never looked any good with Fam, and I don’t think he’ll be great with Martin. 

Yes, with how Wells has been putting himself about in the bits I've seen him in, I'd prefer to see him and Palmer as those top two. KP will have a bit more movement ahead to pick passes out. Martin is very static.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Always feel if you’re going to play Palmer, you have to have movement in front of him or he’s wasted. 

Never looked any good with Fam, and I don’t think he’ll be great with Martin. 

If it's movement you want then it's Wells and any one of Conway or Bell. The only issue there is when we clear our lines will the ball keep coming back?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Alex Scott looks the long term solution, although I would think he’ll need this season and perhaps the next one to be physically strong enough.  In the meantime Bakinson could be worth another try further forwards.

Agree. Or Nagy - or even King with his goal scoring record

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

Alex Scott looks the long term solution, although I would think he’ll need this season and perhaps the next one to be physically strong enough.  In the meantime Bakinson could be worth another try further forwards.

He is ready now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

My prediction for Saturday is -

Bentley

Simpson     Kalas     Baker     DaSilva

James         Nagy

Scott 

Weimann               COD   

Wells

The only change I would make would be Atkinson instead of Baker.

After thought - possibly Pring for DaSilva.

Edited by WECANDO
After thought.
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

My prediction for Saturday is -

Bentley

Simpson     Kalas     Baker     DaSilva

James         Nagy

Scott 

Weimann               COD   

Wells

I’d certainly like to see that too 

45 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

People moaning about players form or penalty taking ability in a bloody friendly 😂😂😂😂. Get a grip 

People just discussing what they are watching. Haven’t seen people moan. I get friendlies aren’t for everyone but some people do enjoy them. I take it you don’t watch them 

Edited by Red Army 75

Get a new striker and I think we’ll be alright. Look a lot stronger and fitter imo. Lots of good wing play aswell which we hardly saw last season. O’dowda a lot more confident i.e always looking to beat his man just needs a little more composure.

With Wells being abit more mobile id like to see him with Palmer in behind. Exciting times with a very strong squad this season although as I said a striker short and maybe another winger to compete.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

Feels as if we’re a bit imbalanced, as based on what I’ve seen so far, it would probably 3 centre mids (James/Williams/Nagy) with one of Scott/Bakinson/Palmer further forward (Scott would be my preference, but realise that’s got a high risk of getting carried away with very limited evidence) and then Wells plus Conway or Weimann up front.

But so narrow it would probably be known as the cheese wire. So far not keen on our width options, quite like the spine, which in fairness Nige said was the focus.

Just now, Malago said:

Going back to today’s game, and putting my head above the parapet, I thought COD played well, MotM contender alongside Baker and James.

Toss up between Dasilva and James for me.

5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Get a new striker and I think we’ll be alright. Look a lot stronger and fitter imo. Lots of good wing play aswell which we hardly saw last season. O’dowda a lot more confident i.e always looking to beat his man just needs a little more composure.

With Wells being abit more mobile id like to see him with Palmer in behind. Exciting times with a very strong squad this season although as I said a striker short and maybe another winger to compete.

We could really do with a winger.....just so we can change it up when required as much as anything. Unless they think Janneh is going to break through?

6 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I like your assessment. Personally I think we are a lot stronger than many give us credit for. 

I keep reading 13th 11th etc etc. but I’m more upbeat. Pearson wants to hit teams down the flanks pretty obviously and we have an abundance of pace there. 

im hoping to be challenging at the good end. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We could really do with a winger.....just so we can change it up when required as much as anything. Unless they think Janneh is going to break through?

and Sam Pearson, don't get your hopes up for a new winger - IMO

11 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Feels as if we’re a bit imbalanced, as based on what I’ve seen so far, it would probably 3 centre mids (James/Williams/Nagy) with one of Scott/Bakinson/Palmer further forward (Scott would be my preference, but realise that’s got a high risk of getting carried away with very limited evidence) and then Wells plus Conway or Weimann up front.

But so narrow it would probably be known as the cheese wire. So far not keen on our width options, quite like the spine, which in fairness Nige said was the focus.

Where does the forgotten man of City supporters fit?

Some young French kid called Missingo. I've heard he is quite useful.

Also remember Semenyo?

Edited by cidered abroad

12 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Palmer is to inconsistent. Put Scott just behind Wells. Superb footballer.

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Was very good. I know people will disagree but I thought Atkinson was very good, aswell as Weimann and O’dowda (COD second half and spells in first)

I don't, Atkinson was excellent as was Weimann, looks like COD has been coached into a winger..

10 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

We have got Semenyo to come back.

3 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Palmer is to inconsistent. Put Scott just behind Wells. Superb footballer.

Yeah can see your point however he’s only 18. Keep him in and around the first team imo and if he breaks in so be it. Class player tho, definite starter in future if he continues his form 

This is very much shaping up as a team that attacks at pace. Midfield wins the ball and distributes as fast as possible to the runners. 

simple stuff and the opposite of the last three years where master tacticians have tried to outplay teams using there obvious ability to out think them.  If you catch my drift. 

Im looking forward to this season now!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Was very good. I know people will disagree but I thought Atkinson was very good, aswell as Weimann and O’dowda (COD second half and spells in first)

Agree.

Both Atkinson and Baker were really good. 

• Like 1