IGNORED

Robins TV renewal

old_eastender

Had email from Robins TV today; offering to renew my annual pass at £140 saying the EFL were putting up new annual subscriptions to £170, but the club had agreed the fee of £140 for existing annual subscribers.

Note, email also says membership for 2021-22 season will run from 1st June to 31st May 2022, although my account online says it will automatically renew at fee of £140 on Sept 17th. 

I guess this make sense and £140 for all games not covered by TV is a good deal...

Yep got the same..both are good.

Freezing it at £140 is great, it was only last year that it went from £110 to £140, so a second successive £30 hike would have been a bit much. Poor from the EFL to push that really, but well done to the club for (I assume) subsidising the price.

Then it does also make sense to align everyone's renewals with the end of the season. Although I wondered if really we should get some sort of pro rata discount as the way I understand it I'll effectively double pay for the period from 31 May 2022 to my current renewal date of Nov 2022. I might just check that with the club.

But generally I don't think we can really criticise this...although I did get an email re monthly RobinsTV as well which was a a bit weird.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yep got the same..both are good.

Freezing it at £140 is great, it was only last year that it went from £110 to £140, so a second successive £30 hike would have been a bit much. Poor from the EFL to push that really, but well done to the club for (I assume) subsidising the price.

Then it does also make sense to align everyone's renewals with the end of the season. Although I wondered if really we should get some sort of pro rata discount as the way I understand it I'll effectively double pay for the period from 31 May 2022 to my current renewal date of Nov 2022. I might just check that with the club.

But generally I don't think we can really criticise this...although I did get an email re monthly RobinsTV as well which was a a bit weird.

I got the additional email re monthly subscriptions too, even though not used monthly since season before last!

14 minutes ago, CosmosUK said:

Is this just for international subscribers? I don't see an option for annual pass on the Robins TV page? Spent £350 on passes last year !

Get yourself a VPN (i can recommend Windscribe), you should then get the international option.

Once signed up, start your VPN on matchday and stream away. I've found you can switch it off once the stream has started so it wont use any of the free data Windscribe give you.

1 hour ago, CosmosUK said:

Is this just for international subscribers? I don't see an option for annual pass on the Robins TV page? Spent £350 on passes last year !

Because fans weren't allowed in the ground, the EFL/FA lifted the restrictions on broadcasting matches at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, meaning that the pass could be sold and used without a VPN in the UK.  Obviously with fans able to go back (for now, at least), that restriction is back on and therefore the pass is only available overseas.  How on earth did you manage to spend £350 on passes last year though?!?

5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Because fans weren't allowed in the ground, the EFL/FA lifted the restrictions on broadcasting matches at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon, meaning that the pass could be sold and used without a VPN in the UK.  Obviously with fans able to go back (for now, at least), that restriction is back on and therefore the pass is only available overseas.  How on earth did you manage to spend £350 on passes last year though?!?

£10 x 35 matches i guess!

5 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Likewise, struggle to remember now. I think mine just renewed from the season before.

There was a seasonal option for overseas fans yeah. I paid a tenner a match. I work every saturday now so Robins TV is perfect for me as I can have it on in the background at work.

24 minutes ago, CosmosUK said:

There was a seasonal option for overseas fans yeah. I paid a tenner a match. I work every saturday now so Robins TV is perfect for me as I can have it on in the background at work.

Fair enough....it's a good job your work is sending you overseas from August to May then really isn't it.....? nudge, nudge, wink, wink.....(pm me if you want help with this - happy to help where I can)

This is an essential service for us furriners, and long May it continue.

Obviously given the pandemic most City fans were introduced to RobinsTV relatively recently; for those of us who’ve been relying on it from its inception in 2017 it is night and day the quality of coverage from four years ago.

initially there was no commentary, no score or time elapsed on screen and the camera work was rubbish.

I’m really hoping they’ve got new adverts this year though - if I have to see that Thatcher’s Hot Air Balloon or Yeo Valley advert one more time…

Ok, so I have always had a S/T  but for various reasons I can't make AG this season. I've downloaded Windscribe free and logged into my Bristol Sport account and the £140 season pass is there for me to buy (if I log in without Windscribe turned on it isn't there to buy) so I assume I've done something right! I haven't bought it yet.

But a couple of points - I thought it was now £170 (I've never bought a non UK package before - only the UK £10 p.match) so is the pass for the upcomimg season? Are these released to new subscribers yet? or am I seeing last seasons expired offer?

Second question - will the free allowance of 10GB/month be enough to watch every game? Someone said you can turn off the VPN once you're connected to the stream.....can this be correct?

Sorry for the idiot questions but not that IT savvy (old git )

thanks

24 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Ok, so I have always had a S/T  but for various reasons I can't make AG this season. I've downloaded Windscribe free and logged into my Bristol Sport account and the £140 season pass is there for me to buy (if I log in without Windscribe turned on it isn't there to buy) so I assume I've done something right! I haven't bought it yet.

But a couple of points - I thought it was now £170 (I've never bought a non UK package before - only the UK £10 p.match) so is the pass for the upcomimg season? Are these released to new subscribers yet? or am I seeing last seasons expired offer?

Second question - will the free allowance of 10GB/month be enough to watch every game? Someone said you can turn off the VPN once you're connected to the stream.....can this be correct?

Sorry for the idiot questions but not that IT savvy (old git )

thanks

First time i bought the season pass i got the reduced price for some reason when i went to pay. I'm rolling on this season anyway but take it if it's there, mine was fine.

The turn off thing works without fail on my tablet but has been hit and miss on occasion on the PC.

It uses about 1.5gb for a whole match but you can keep that down by avoiding Downsey/Knights pre, HT and post match.

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

First time i bought the season pass i got the reduced price for some reason when i went to pay. I'm rolling on this season anyway but take it if it's there, mine was fine.

The turn off thing works without fail on my tablet but has been hit and miss on occasion on the PC.

It uses about 1.5gb for a whole match but you can keep that down by avoiding Downsey/Knights pre, HT and post match.

Thanks, I use a laptop/HDMI to TV and only log in 1 min before ko to avoid Downsey etc but will switch off HT.

6 hours ago, Gazred said:

Get yourself a VPN (i can recommend Windscribe), you should then get the international option.

Once signed up, start your VPN on matchday and stream away. I've found you can switch it off once the stream has started so it wont use any of the free data Windscribe give you.

Don’t you need an international address to sign up? 

Just be really great if we could get a season pass for Robins TV, had a season ticket since I can't remember, not renewed this year due to medical problems (Old git as well!) but really gonna miss going down the gate, watched every game on Robins TV last season, home, away, cup, and friendlies!

Would do the same this season if the EFL allowed, but they don't!

I would happily pay my season ticket cost to watch the boys on Robins TV!

43 minutes ago, westex red said:

Just be really great if we could get a season pass for Robins TV, had a season ticket since I can't remember, not renewed this year due to medical problems (Old git as well!) but really gonna miss going down the gate, watched every game on Robins TV last season, home, away, cup, and friendlies!

Would do the same this season if the EFL allowed, but they don't!

I would happily pay my season ticket cost to watch the boys on Robins TV!

You can still do that, just download yourself a VPN and watch that way. Like @Davefevs said, they'll take anyones money, even with a UK address! You obviously won't get all 46 games (sky televised not included), but 140 quid is still amazing value for money considering.

So what are people going for in terms of away games but still have a home season ticket down the gate? 

Am I right in thinking a monthly pass will be £15 increasing to £20 from October?

If so, thats either £140 for a season pass or between £160-180 (not including May) for monthly. So it's looking like £140 for me.

Can't remember if they let overseas pay per game, anybody else know the info or new price please?

Archived