IGNORED

What would have happened…

Silvio Dante

Though we’ve had several people on the anti-Ashton bandwagon from day 1 (and fair play to them), it took right up until the appointment of Dean Holden for me to realise the level of misplaced self-confidence the man possesses. He pulled the wool over my eyes for over 4 years when push came to shove, which is embarrassing to admit.

Though the Oxford and Watford fans, before us, let us know, I didn’t heed their warnings so it’d be hypocritical of  me to laugh at any Ipswich fan sucked in by the billy bullshitter…

… However, that, right there, is the behaviour of an arch narcissist. Whereas we only got the insinuation that he was the mastermind behind most of Cotts’ double winning squad, there is clear and evident proof that you need to be very, very wary of that man being at your football club.

12 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Why does Rolls suddenly appear, every time, he is near?

Just like me, he longs to be, crippling you…

Reading all this MA stuff is like "Yesterday Once More" 

:facepalm:.......................... Ok I'm done, I quit ?

2 hours ago, Distortia said:

Serious question.. has anyone of his role in a club ever done that before?

Baffling. 

As mentioned already, Michael Knighton joined the board of Man Utd and was allowed to take to the pitch in their kit before the match or at half time. He did a few 'skills' before kicking the ball into the back of the net. He didn't last too long. Memory is vague as to why he left for Carlisle.

Coincidence? Mark Ashton left a team wearing red for blue. Same for Michael Knighton!

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

I can't imagine what he will do if they get promoted. An open top bus tour with just him on board perhaps.

pope-francis-jeep.jpg

Something more like this perhaps - the Markmobile. 

If they get promotion he might even start wearing the Holy Father’s outfit.

8 hours ago, Mr X said:

I could barely listen to his voice for more than a few minutes before I had to switch it off. Ipswich Town fans are in love with him according to the comments though! 

It's easy for Ipswich fans to love him, they haven't played a game yet! Wait until half of there squad is crooked and he is refusing interviews until there is another winning run when all of a sudden you can't shut him up. 

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

It's easy for Ipswich fans to love him, they haven't played a game yet! Wait until half of there squad is crooked and he is refusing interviews until there is another winning run when all of a sudden you can't shut him up. 

I think you’ll find that’s the Rovers squad 

Not following Ipswich closely since Ashton left, but imagine the early signs are positive for their fans as Ashton is no doubt doing what he does best, spending someone else’s money, and it sounds like he’s had a bit to spend.

I suspect they may well have early success with a manager like Paul Cook and some money spent. Longer term? Well we’ll see if Ashton has learned from his mistakes, but that little video is a warning sign to all giddy Ipswich fans if they choose to open their eyes a little! The kind of nonsense Cook will be cringing at, no doubt. 

12 hours ago, myol'man said:

He should realise that he's backroom staff and should stay well out of the limelight. 

What is he hoping for? The Tractor boys to start chanting his name?

Massive weirdo 

It won’t take them long to see through him. The guy is smarmy fraud.

The replies to that tweet are noticeably split into 2 categories - Ipswich fans liking it and saying how good it is to have someone who is visible and communicative (oh boy are they in for a shock when things start going wrong), and City and Watford fans cringing at him and telling them they don't know what they're letting themselves in for.

Even his shoes are awful. Those smart/casual crossover trainers that a 2021 David Brent would absolutely wear. 

Completely inappropriate choice for a "CEO" of a football club.

He reminds me of a politician trying very hard to rebrand himself. A little bit like what Andy Burnham has done very successfully over the past few years. The difference is that there's a reason for a politician to do this, but once again absolutely no need for a "CEO" of a football club to try that hard. 

Archived