IGNORED

Commercial Director appointed

Jerseybean

Can't wait until the Blackpool match now....do we think he'll do a lap of honour for the fans.........?

In all seriousness though he has an excellent CV.  Really strong appointment this.  Whether people like it or not, football clubs have to be run as a business these days and trying to improve/attain a global brand is all part of what will hopefully help to bring us the success we crave.

22 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Whether people like it or not, football clubs have to be run as a business these days and trying to improve/attain a global brand is all part of what will hopefully help to bring us the success we crave.

There’s a few on here who won’t like this one little bit - he’s a ‘suit’!

Usually that’s the comment that was aimed at our ex CEO, who some people seemed to think should have performed his duties of a multi million pound business in a vest and flip flops.

Looks a great appointment who gives us much credibility and professionalism to our commercial activities 

8 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

There’s a few on here who won’t like this one little bit - he’s a ‘suit’!

Usually that’s the comment that was aimed at our ex CEO, who some people seemed to think should have performed his duties of a multi million pound business in a vest and flip flops.

Looks a great appointment who gives us much credibility and professionalism to our commercial activities 

No one had an issue with Mark Ashton wearing a suit, it was more the fact he was a ****. 

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting. He's spent the past 9 years working on "global partnerships" with the NBA and Liverpool. I guess that predominantly relates to sponsorships but I wonder if he may also be here to assist in attracting other investment opportunities into Bristol City? Or already has such contacts...

Yes, that bit did leap off the page somewhat.

Looks a very good appointment. My one niggle is his comment on the uniqueness of multiple sports under single ownership. I really wish people wouldn't bandy round the word Unique when they don't seem to know what it means. While multiple sports under one owner may be unusual in the UK it is common across Europe and elsewhere in the world. 

• Admin
2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Interesting. He's spent the past 9 years working on "global partnerships" with the NBA and Liverpool. I guess that predominantly relates to sponsorships but I wonder if he may also be here to assist in attracting other investment opportunities into Bristol City? Or already has such contacts...

or maybe a link in the chain for new investors?

26 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if there is one eye there on his NBA links and our new Sporting quarter that incorporates the Flyers new arena.

And if he has worked in America, the Gallagher Premiership's rumoured foray into the American market (playing league fixtures over there as they do with American football here) will be something right up his street...

20 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

No one had an issue with Mark Ashton wearing a suit, it was more the fact he was a ****. 

Sadly lots had an issue with Ashton wearing a suit....the fact he turned out to be a **** just sealed the deal and brought everyone who didn't mind the suit on board!!

On 28/07/2021 at 17:05, Kid in the Riot said:

And if he has worked in America, the Gallagher Premiership's rumoured foray into the American market (playing league fixtures over there as they do with American football here) will be something right up his street...

Bath (a) at Soldier Field please. 

Archived