IGNORED

Curtis Fleming

TammyAB

2 minutes ago, Banned User said:

I don't know anything about him but I trust the process

I remember him as an ex-Boro RB when they were in the PL. Good playing experience in the top flight and at international level with Ireland. No idea what he's like as a coach, though. 

Seems like a very sensible appointment

Means Alex Ball can go back to the academy and ensure they younger players program isn't stagnated and the first team get another experienced head in to help over the next few months.

One thing I would be interested in knowing is the role Cisse has within the coaching set up? He always seems involved in things without really leading/coaching anything? 

Off the field this year we seem a much more professional unit and am not against short term deals for experienced coaches as an external set of  eyes can often uncover different ideas

24 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

I would imagine Nige had a big say in this as I would guess they got on during the four years they played at Middlesbro together.

This would have been NPs choice and decision alone I would have thought. Just a rubber stamping from Gould.

16 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Means Alex Ball can go back to the academy and ensure they younger players program isn't stagnated and the first team get another experienced head in to help over the next few months.

One thing I would be interested in knowing is the role Cisse has within the coaching set up? He always seems involved in things without really leading/coaching anything? 

Off the field this year we seem a much more professional unit and am not against short term deals for experienced coaches as an external set of  eyes can often uncover different ideas

The other thing to consider is that if Paul Simpson's recuperation is going to take longer than planned we have a coach in-situ who, if he hasn't accepted another job in the meantime, can be offered extended terms.

17 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

Cisse is also involved to some degree in scouting I believe.

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not bringing Gilmartin back, then? ?

You joke, but I had wondered whether he might have been offered something to coach the U23's while Alex Ball is with the first team if Pearson wanted him to stay there

49 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Job for the boys.

So Pearson brings in a coach that he knows very well (from his playing days at the very least), and it's jobs for the boys?

So you wouldn't want him to bring in Steve Clark or any of the other Leicester coaches/backroom staff at some point then?

4 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Job for the boys.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 hours ago, Taz said:

So Pearson brings in a coach that he knows very well (from his playing days at the very least), and it's jobs for the boys?

So you wouldn't want him to bring in Steve Clark or any of the other Leicester coaches/backroom staff at some point then?

And it’s a 3 month deal only.  Coaching experience in the PL….hardly the Stefan Marinovic of coaching is he.  

7 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Job for the boys.

The majority of changes of management in the history of football end up being jobs for the boys simply because they like to work with their own backroom staff. David Rennie is "jobs for the boys" as is Danny Simpson, Matty James and Andy King. As long as those boys are better than the boys they are replacing then no issue with that.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

And it’s a 3 month deal only.  Coaching experience in the PL….hardly the Stefan Marinovic of coaching is he.  

If he is we'd better buy a few more lorry loads of balls...................

Archived