IGNORED

Would you 100% back the City XI at Plymouth to beat the City X1 who played Exeter ?

headhunter

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I imagine Pearson has an idea of shape/system now, but not sure how close he will be to a first choice XI.
I wasn't over impressed with Martin and that meant a slightly quieter Palmer.
I like Pring, but I think he'll be back up to JD. From what I've seen I'd have Simpson slightly ahead of Vyner for RB.
Kalas nailed on, so shoot out between Atkinson & Baker. I'm leaning towards Baker to start and ease RA into a new League.
James looks likely and going along with the sort of 4-2-3-1 , I think Nagy may start the season. Williams is obviously being nursed and hasn't done a 90. Even if he does the full game Vs Villa I'm not sure NP wink risk him.
Weimann, Palmer & COD look likely and that would leave Wells ( who I think has looked lively ) up front.

I think this will be close.

Bently
Simpson - Kalas - Baker - DaSilva

James - Nagy

Weimann - Palmer - ODowda

Wells

I also expect this team v Blackpool for the reasons you give. 

I’d go for this lineup to start against Blackpool 

Bentley 

Vyner   Kalas     Baker  Dasilva

James     Nagy  

Weimann     Palmer     O’Dowda 

Wells 

it’s an interesting debate with Alex Scott because I feel that he’s ready aswell but I wouldn’t chuck him in the starting lineup to begin with this season , I’d like to see him start though in the carabao cup game against forest green rovers and if we get through then play him in the further rounds and for the league games bring him on as a impact sub if we’re losing or if we’re winning with not long left to go then bring him on for some minutes. 

As for Joe Williams when he’s back fully fit and got a couple of 90 minute games under his belt I’d like to see him in for Nagy personally because I think he’s more robust and suited for championship football and finally when semenyo is back fully fit I’d have him in the starting line up for o dowda because semenyo provides something different which no one else in our team has and he’s exciting to watch and the sort of player to get you standing on your feet. 

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I imagine Pearson has an idea of shape/system now, but not sure how close he will be to a first choice XI.
I wasn't over impressed with Martin and that meant a slightly quieter Palmer.
I like Pring, but I think he'll be back up to JD. From what I've seen I'd have Simpson slightly ahead of Vyner for RB.
Kalas nailed on, so shoot out between Atkinson & Baker. I'm leaning towards Baker to start and ease RA into a new League.
James looks likely and going along with the sort of 4-2-3-1 , I think Nagy may start the season. Williams is obviously being nursed and hasn't done a 90. Even if he does the full game Vs Villa I'm not sure NP wink risk him.
Weimann, Palmer & COD look likely and that would leave Wells ( who I think has looked lively ) up front.

I think this will be close.

Bently
Simpson - Kalas - Baker - DaSilva

James - Nagy

Weimann - Palmer - ODowda

Wells

That'll do for me.

4 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

In the playoffs he got the run around apparently and didn't handle Yates especially well. 

My gut feeling is there's a definite disparity, at present, between his ability and Baker's - too much of a one for Atkinson to be first choice LCB. Just a guess, but I'm expecting Baker's quality to be superior although fully expect Atkinson to get his chance soon enough.  Then again, I might be pleasantly surprised. 

Think it was Ellis Sims (Everton loanee), but I didn’t watch it, so may have remembered comments on here incorrectly.

1 hour ago, Will b11 said:

I’d go for this lineup to start against Blackpool 

Bentley 

Vyner   Kalas     Baker  Dasilva

James     Nagy  

Weimann     Palmer     O’Dowda 

Wells 

it’s an interesting debate with Alex Scott because I feel that he’s ready aswell but I wouldn’t chuck him in the starting lineup to begin with this season , I’d like to see him start though in the carabao cup game against forest green rovers and if we get through then play him in the further rounds and for the league games bring him on as a impact sub if we’re losing or if we’re winning with not long left to go then bring him on for some minutes. 

As for Joe Williams when he’s back fully fit and got a couple of 90 minute games under his belt I’d like to see him in for Nagy personally because I think he’s more robust and suited for championship football and finally when semenyo is back fully fit I’d have him in the starting line up for o dowda because semenyo provides something different which no one else in our team has and he’s exciting to watch and the sort of player to get you standing on your feet. 

Think there’s an option at some point to have the following front 6:

Williams / James

Nagy / Weimann / O’Dowda 

Wells

Archived