IGNORED

Crowd For Blackpool

Hampshire reds

12.5k STH's will be counted in the attendance although thousands won't be there.

No idea about Blackpool fans - 500? - plus 3k POTD.

Fans actually in ground about 13k, depending on Blackpool sales.

Official attendance 16-17k.

1 minute ago, Will b11 said:

Was thinking it was going to be near a full house for the first home league game back ! Would be a bit disappointed if it’s anywhere under 20K.

Can't see it being less than 20k.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

12.5k STH's will be counted in the attendance although thousands won't be there.

It could be anything I know my old man and a few of his mates were toying with the idea, but now the numbers of infected per day are lowering consecutively they are now edging towards going. I suspect many cant wait to go to bring back some normality whilst many are on holiday still. Tough predication to make but I reckon around 16 / 17k will be the official attendance with maybe 14k / 15k actually there.

Undoubtedly like myself there will be plenty of Season ticket holders who will choose to stay away for now. There will be POTD of course but after 18 months many people have got out of the routine of going to football and will not necessarily rush to return. 15k actually in the ground would be a result. 

As a former Rob F Rivals(?) site ‘attendance guess’ champion - and what a site that was, never forget the Rob F vs Millwall thread - I confidently predict a holiday/Covid impacted 17,451.

For tax purposes it’ll be announced as 8,321.

48 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

My thoughts too, I’m on holiday for one & am aware of several who have concerns due to age/health plus those who also might be away.

I went to my lads presentation evening in the week and there were lots there.  I openly admit to having felt more than a little anxious in that sort of congested crowd.  There is absolutely zero chance that I'll be alone with those anxieties.  I honestly believe 16k would be an excellent attendance in the circumstances of our current world.

The recent huge spike in Covid numbers was almost certainly a direct result of the crowds at the England game or watching in sports bars. I suspect that fact alone will deter many at live games for a while yet. 

if I do decide to go I’ll be in the Lansdown which undoubtably has an older profile of supporters.
That with the fact more of them are double jabbed and less likely to be out clubbing etc it’ll probably be the safest place to be for those who are still concerned about getting too close to others. 

• Admin
36 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Do we know the allocation given to Blackpool and whether they have sold out? 

We sent Blackpool an initial allocation of 1,000 tickets, but they can have up to 2,600 in total, apparently the EFL confirmed we can go up to full capacity at Ashton Gate.

2 hours ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Undoubtedly like myself there will be plenty of Season ticket holders who will choose to stay away for now. There will be POTD of course but after 18 months many people have got out of the routine of going to football and will not necessarily rush to return. 15k actually in the ground would be a result. 

Just a question and this is no way a dig at you or anyone else that is wary, just would like to understand people’s thinking. At what point do think you will feel safe to return to watching football in the same manner you did before?

Myself personally cannot ever see the rates ever being lower than they are now and do not think the percentage of the population vaccinated will change much from October onwards, possibly even drop if it’s decided that continuous boosters are required each year. 

At what point do you say ok now I’m comfortable or do you genuinely fear you may never go back to doing things we all love like going to watch city? 

The people that haven't renewed haven't for many reasons, but one would be cost. I guess the PotD crowd could suffer even more. Add COVID/Holidays and all the other reasons and I'd be surprised if we get much over 16k. 

I’m going for us just scraping over 20k. I think the fact that we haven’t had a match for exactly 16 months by the day of the match will entice a few non season ticket holders out. And who knows what the winter will bring from a Covid perspective which also may be a factor for some. I agree though that some regulars won’t yet, some will be on holiday, and some will be scuppered by the Temple Meads work (I saw some Blackpool fans mentioning that as well, along with their concern re the holiday traffic - so there will be less away fans than there might have been).

well, not for the first time on here i will be the optimistic one. I dont think anyone has gone for 21,444 but thats my prediction.

If STs are 14,500 and i guess Blackpool will end up selling 2000 that means we need one-off or POTD sales of 5000 for me to be right.

With all the positive news to come out re Covid, economy in the next week, we'll get those 5000 so that's it; 21,444

A more interesting shout will be how many do we take to Middlesboro? I havent missed on there for ages but have decided not to go so i am thinking 380? My guess is away support will be well down as people pick and choose their games rather than following the team religously 

Swansea crowd will depend on 3 things; our performance and result v Blackpool, the same at Boro (where we cant expect the previous good results there) and how many tv fans we really have. My guess for that is 18,100

1 hour ago, Aipearcey said:

Just a question and this is no way a dig at you or anyone else that is wary, just would like to understand people’s thinking. At what point do think you will feel safe to return to watching football in the same manner you did before?

Myself personally cannot ever see the rates ever being lower than they are now and do not think the percentage of the population vaccinated will change much from October onwards, possibly even drop if it’s decided that continuous boosters are required each year. 

At what point do you say ok now I’m comfortable or do you genuinely fear you may never go back to doing things we all love like going to watch city? 

I think we are now reaching the new ‘norm’ sensible precautions but not OTT. Viruses will always be with us. Most  a mutation of another virus, so we have to learn to live with them, and that includes adapting where necessary to keep doing the things we love and enjoy.

Archived