IGNORED

Crowd For Blackpool

Hampshire reds

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The people that haven't renewed haven't for many reasons, but one would be cost. I guess the PotD crowd could suffer even more. Add COVID/Holidays and all the other reasons and I'd be surprised if we get much over 16k. 

I can’t make enough games to justify a season ticket so pay on the day with mates from Wiltshire who support other clubs but how am I suppose to encourage neutrals to come with and pay pretty much £40 a ticket to watch city play blackpool , that’s not including food and drink as well 

I think potd will be very low numbers this season

17 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

well, not for the first time on here i will be the optimistic one. I dont think anyone has gone for 21,444 but thats my prediction.

If STs are 14,500 and i guess Blackpool will end up selling 2000 that means we need one-off or POTD sales of 5000 for me to be right.

With all the positive news to come out re Covid, economy in the next week, we'll get those 5000 so that's it; 21,444

A more interesting shout will be how many do we take to Middlesboro? I havent missed on there for ages but have decided not to go so i am thinking 380? My guess is away support will be well down as people pick and choose their games rather than following the team religously 

Swansea crowd will depend on 3 things; our performance and result v Blackpool, the same at Boro (where we cant expect the previous good results there) and how many tv fans we really have. My guess for that is 18,100

Love your optimism but don't think we have sold 14.5k season tickets, I thought we had sold just over 12k.

Said on another thread but those POTD prices are an absolute disgrace

at a time when people will be cautious, looking at finances etc, the chances of attracting the floating fan this season at those prices are slim to none , and I speak as a non season ticket holder who just couldn’t justify that money at this time 

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It could be anything I know my old man and a few of his mates were toying with the idea, but now the numbers of infected per day are lowering consecutively they are now edging towards going. I suspect many cant wait to go to bring back some normality whilst many are on holiday still. Tough predication to make but I reckon around 16 / 17k will be the official attendance with maybe 14k / 15k actually there.

You spoke to soon. 

Just done the old count of seats left on sale - no idea if it helps because I don’t know if all seats have been made available but there are approx 3600 tickets left in the home areas…..

6 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

I went to my lads presentation evening in the week and there were lots there.  I openly admit to having felt more than a little anxious in that sort of congested crowd.  There is absolutely zero chance that I'll be alone with those anxieties.  I honestly believe 16k would be an excellent attendance in the circumstances of our current world.

You didn’t look that anxious playing football darts… ?

Difficult one to call. One hand so many people buzzing about going back into the stadium, proper welcome to NP & New players,  new season and all that. Effect of Euros and game popular again ?

Then the covid factor and hesitant reluctant  fans….

I would hope for 19k  I for one am buzzing and really looking forward to it….

1 hour ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

I think a few are overestimating the enthusiasm of the people to wanna watch Bristol City 

Yep, perhaps some people are looking at pictures of the queues outside night clubs on 'freedom day' and assuming there will be the same enthusiasm for watching City. I doubt that - City fans are a much older demographic, with a large number aged 50+.

There are many who have stated they are not yet comfortable with the thought of returning to AG for health reasons, and Season Ticket Holders or not, they will not be there until they are convinced it is as safe as it can be for them.

My opinion is City undoubtedly have passionate fans but many had that passion more or less killed off during all the years of mostly excruciating football under LJ, as well as the disgraceful non performances of last season.

With that and the pandemic Nige has got his work cut out too see the sort of crowds inside AG he clearly hopes for, and a battling City team that excites the fans and gets some shots on target will be the minimum requirement in the short term to start to build up home attendances again.

Pretty much nailed it for me @Nogbad the Bad.

I have a ST, been double jabbed, as safe as I'm going to be but there are still doubts.

If anyone is feeling really confident, I'll pass on an overheard conversation by someone going to a Supermarket.
" I should be isolating, tested positive "
The guy looked round to see a family of 4 and no masks.

Now I will accept that as I didn't personally see/hear this I can't vouch for it. But with no track & Trace and no masks for many, while even the double jabbed can spread it. I do wonder how far away from another lockdown we are.
I will almost certainly be there for Blackpool, the Bus down will be just as risky, but I can absolutely understand those with doubts.

All the ST holders will be counted, 12,500 wasn't it, so just depends on the ones that pick their games. First of the season usually decent, but as I've said before can't see us reaching much over 16k

I understand people who have had the "life sucked out of them" by three to four years of absolutely dire football, particularly at Ashton Gate where our record over that period is atrocious if you are honest about it (and matched by the performances too). Similarly if people aren't confident yet to venture into large gatherings then that is also understandable.

I think Nige knows what he needs to do but it would help the cause if fans can show a little bit more patience and not vent their frustration of years of gradual decline in performance (some, not all, of us judge by more than what the league table says on a Sunday morning) on him. It will take time imo but we are seeing some improvements in fitness and strength already. To get consistently improved performances will take a while to achieve.

I would have thought 18K absolute tops for Blackpool but would be pleasantly surprised to be wrong.

My guess would be 19,500 official attendance with about 17500 actually in the ground. If I am right, or close to being right, I think that would be a great attendance when you consider - holidays, Blackpool being one of the smaller teams in the Championship. Blackpool's travelling support being relatively small,  and lingering fears about mixing/congested locations etc.

Without turning this thread into another debate about Lee Johnson, I have to pick up a couple of posters on the Johnson effect on attendances. Some posters are trying to rewrite history by claiming attendances will slump due to four years of Johnson. The truth of the matter is attendances climbed to a 40 year high under Johnson's management.

18 hours ago, Aipearcey said:

Just a question and this is no way a dig at you or anyone else that is wary, just would like to understand people’s thinking. At what point do think you will feel safe to return to watching football in the same manner you did before?

Myself personally cannot ever see the rates ever being lower than they are now and do not think the percentage of the population vaccinated will change much from October onwards, possibly even drop if it’s decided that continuous boosters are required each year. 

At what point do you say ok now I’m comfortable or do you genuinely fear you may never go back to doing things we all love like going to watch city? 

To be honest it’s hard to say. I would say maybe in a few months if everything continues to improve but my son will be there for Blackpool as I don’t want my choice to affect him. I am late 60’s so naturally cautious but am considering the possibility of not returning at all but then my not being there will impact his enjoyment. It’s also missing the whole social experience of meeting up with friends and family from pre match onwards. Difficult choices.

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

My guess would be 19,500 official attendance with about 17500 actually in the ground. If I am right, or close to being right, I think that would be a great attendance when you consider - holidays, Blackpool being one of the smaller teams in the Championship. Blackpool's travelling support being relatively small,  and lingering fears about mixing/congested locations etc.

Without turning this thread into another debate about Lee Johnson, I have to pick up a couple of posters on the Johnson effect on attendances. Some posters are trying to rewrite history by claiming attendances will slump due to four years of Johnson. The truth of the matter is attendances climbed to a 40 year high under Johnson's management.

Official attendances given out these days are far higher than the number in the ground, by several thousand on most occasions, but clubs (not just City) count those STH's not present anyway. Many hundreds of cheap kids ST's only used a few times a season too, but included in attendances.  So hard to compare with the days before such an odd way of compiling an 'official attendance' came in to being.

Attendances will slump imo. due to a combination of the extremely poor Johnson/Holden appointments (and the mostly dreadful football we sat through bemused and increasingly pissed off for 3 years at AG), Covid reticence, and the gradually increasing anger at the squad's 'performances' last season, eventually culminating in near disinterest by the end of it.

I can only speak for myself that the diabolical appointments of LJ and then DH came close to finishing off my interest in City, and if you have felt entertained or excited by many home performances over the last 3 years I suggest you are in the minority.

As I said earlier, NP - a great appointment at long last imo. - has a really big job on his hands to re-enthuse jaded fans and get them back into the habit of returning to AG regularly, and it won't happen straight away. 16k.

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Took me a while, but I guess he is referring to snipers, for whenever Grealish gets the ball. (If he is back from holiday)

Interesting one as he is still in Croatia but Villa's first league game is only two weeks after they play us, they only have one more friendly after us, I would have thought that they would be giving him game time by now 

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is fairly common practice these days I reckon- not solely the club but seems that season ticket holders counted automatically verbatim- assume that's what you meant?

Now explained above, posted early in error, thought editing it would prevent what I'd written already being visible.

Archived