IGNORED

George Nurse

Red Army 75

3 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

With JD and Cameron Pring, along with possibly Ryan Towler ahead of him, it makes sense.

He looked half decent from the limited viewings we saw and I wish him well. 

I have been impressed with Cameron Pring this pre season. Good move all around IMO

Interesting.

Pearson said a while ago that he wanted to operate with a smaller squad & he certainly walks the walk.

Gregor said on Monday that there were 2 permanent departures in the pipeline regarding younger players, my hunch would be Morton but time will tell.

18 minutes ago, BcfcRed3 said:

Strange one considering he started a few of the earlier friendlies ahead of pring

Isn’t that far more likely to be Pearson wanting to make the final decision himself?

Look at him & Pring in friendlies & then decide which one to keep?

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Not on a free I hope? Like to think we’d have got a bit of money, for a young talented player. 

Probably not, probably a sell on clause that might be slightly higher, if its a fee its minimal

9 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Not on a free I hope? Like to think we’d have got a bit of money, for a young talented player. 

Probably not much. The value we would hope would be in a sell on clause 

Note. Bloke above hit send a fraction of a second before me!  :laugh:

35 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Isn’t that far more likely to be Pearson wanting to make the final decision himself?

Look at him & Pring in friendlies & then decide which one to keep?

Very well may be! 

shame we’ve lost him as I thought he looked a good player. I’m sure he’ll do well under cotts 

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Obviously NP didnt like what he saw after playing him in 3 pre-season games

Or he was played so that Cotts could have a close look at him?

20 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Was tried to the left of Pring and then inside of Pring in the earlier friendlies.  Wonder if that was following a discussion with Cotts?

Very probably

Bearing in mind 2 years left on contract, Cheltenham keen (missed out on Harper too whilst they waited), I suspect there’s a fee involved….albeit somewhere in the £50-100k plus percentage of any future deal.  Not like we would want him off the wage bill per se?

3 hours ago, westonred said:

Obviously NP didnt like what he saw after playing him in 3 pre-season games

Obvious? How have you worked that out? 

It might just as easily be Pearson does like him but has made a pragmatic decision that we don't need 3 Left backs.

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

Good point and makes me think… there couldn’t be a better place for us to loan our prospects.

Not sure Cotts is any more a fan of loans than Pearson.  

Good luck to the lad. 

Archived