IGNORED

Keith Downing

downendcity

Football Insider is reporting that Dean Smith wants KD as replacement for John Terry and has held talks with him

However, Villa's chief exec is not convinced and thinks they need a higher profile appointment. 

The article mentions that KD  is highly regarded in the football world. 

With Paul Simpson sidelined I'm guessing that losing KD would bea blow on the eve of a new season. 

21 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Football Insider is reporting that Dean Smith wants KD as replacement for John Terry and has held talks with him

However, Villa's chief exec is not convinced and thinks they need a higher profile appointment. 

With Paul Simpson sidelined I'm guessing that losing KD would bea blow on the eve of a new season. 

It seems that we have these ******* at every club these days. Does he know more about coaching than Dean Smith then?

If it does happen then Curtis Fleming has landed right on his feet I would have thought?

26 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Would NP mind? Downing isn't his man after all. Perhaps if KD left he could keep Fleming on full time, someone he's obviously happy to work with.

Of course we don't get to see much of what goes on behind closed doors, but I can understand where those fans opinions have come from. @steveybadger

You can only go off of what we get to see on the pitch, and I can't say many, if any outfield players have improved much in the past 12 months. All opinion though!

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

You can only go off of what we get to see on the pitch, and I can't say many, if any outfield players have improved much in the past 12 months. All opinion though!

So none of the dozen or so academy players have improved over the past 12 months?

55 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It seems that we have these ******* at every club these days. Does he know more about coaching than Dean Smith then?

If it does happen then Curtis Fleming has landed right on his feet I would have thought?

. If Downing has already had talks ,maybe that is why Curtis was brought in.

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So none of the dozen or so academy players have improved over the past 12 months?

I wouldn't know! My comment was aimed more at those we have seen at the level as to make it fair comparisons. 

Were you watching them often a year ago to know if they have or not? 

Bound to be some natural progression through playing with others from a higher standard though. Whats your thoughts?

21 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Of course we don't get to see much of what goes on behind closed doors, but I can understand where those fans opinions have come from. @steveybadger

I think there could be mitigating circumstances - it sounds like this time last year they were only allowed to train for 30 mins a day! 

7 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Yet many also think NP is the messiah; but he didn’t bring any improvements with the same players. Why should Downing and Simpson take all the blame?

Archived