IGNORED

Am i missing something?

Edgy Red

I've been doing some betting research for the upcoming season before i place my £5 e/w treble (Champ, Lg1 and Lg2) and Betfair have got The Gas as 9-1 second favourites for the title!

Am i missing something? I appreciate they are back down in League 2 and it appears to be a fairly weak division but i don't get their odds. The ongoing Joey Barton situation just adds to my confusion.

I'm thinking Mansfield should improve under Nigel Clough and Salford will be up there too but aren't much value.

What does everyone think?

2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

If you`re looking for a club that has got through Covid better than a lot down there and are always there or thereabouts go for Exeter. The Watkins sell-on millions couldn`t have come at a better time for them and they are in a much better position than most of the dead men in that league.

They’ve had a big changeover of players in the summer though and have lost Ryan Bowman.  I hope they do well, but it will be a very different team.

Just now, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

They’ve had a big changeover of players in the summer though and have lost Ryan Bowman.  I hope they do well, but it will be a very different team.

True but they always seem to find these lower league/non-league gems and turn them into half decent players. I think they`ll do OK this season.

1 hour ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Financial effect of covid means league 2 is a basket case. Any one's for the taking.

But yeah I wouldn't have said rovers. Mate of mine is a swindle fan and thinks there going to win it, I've not yet stopped laughing. 

I live in Wiltshire and work in Swindon and have never met such inconsistent fans base. Only a week or so ago there were genuine concerns from them that they wouldn’t make the start of the season. A week later with a new owner in place and there’s talks of promotion and then pushing for the championship in the next few years.

They have a bright, modern stadium that really brings in the cash. Their owner is one of the richest men on the planet and renowned for his generosity towards his club.  Unlike any other club, they also have a Santa's Grotto to entertain the youngsters throughout the year.  Add that to a rich history of achievement and you can see why they are so high in the betting!

9 minutes ago, Bat Fastard said:

They have a bright, modern stadium that really brings in the cash. Their owner is one of the richest men on the planet and renowned for his generosity towards his club.  Unlike any other club, they also have a Santa's Grotto to entertain the youngsters throughout the year.  Add that to a rich history of achievement and you can see why they are so high in the betting!

and a first class manager who virtually promised to get them out of league one,what an achiever at the first attempt

I've put my 8 bets on, it's actually 16, where I choose 2 teams in each division and one has to win it.

I've gone...

Man C    Chelsea 

Fulham    Boro (helps with the odds)

Ipswich     Sunderland

Exeter       Forest Green

Had it come in twice in 5 years, over £800 last time. Keeps it interesting I suppose and only £16.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I know a Port Vale fan. Apparently they put a brilliant run together in the final months of last season under Dopey.

He's quite optimistic, might be worth checking the promotion odds for them.

DC is a decent lower league manager to be fair and wouldn’t be surprised if they were there or there abouts. 

11 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've put my 8 bets on, it's actually 16, where I choose 2 teams in each division and one has to win it.

I've gone...

Man C    Chelsea 

Ipswich     Sunderland

Had it come in twice in 5 years, over £800 last time. Keeps it interesting I suppose and only £16.

i have gone with the following

Bournemouth -----  Fulham

Sunderland------Ipswich

Salford-----------Bradford

Stockport-----Chesterfield

14 hours ago, Edgy Red said:

I've been doing some betting research for the upcoming season before i place my £5 e/w treble (Champ, Lg1 and Lg2) and Betfair have got The Gas as 9-1 second favourites for the title!

Am i missing something? I appreciate they are back down in League 2 and it appears to be a fairly weak division but i don't get their odds. The ongoing Joey Barton situation just adds to my confusion.

I'm thinking Mansfield should improve under Nigel Clough and Salford will be up there too but aren't much value.

What does everyone think?

I hate to say it but when the chips are down unfortunately the gas have some how come back. Probably good odds

Think Rovers have signed around 14/15 players this summer now.

Most of them are from the North, a fair few ex Fleetwood squad players.

I haven’t the first idea who most of them are, but Barton has also managed to shift a very similar out.

It is a poor standard with many clubs surviving on a hand to mouth existence.

I’ll be willing to bet Rovers are the highest payers in the division though clearly the amounts are minimal compared with our level.

Failing to get promoted would therefore be a disaster for them, but despite the local hype they are by no means the biggest club at that level, that’s Bradford, who also have a far superior manager in Derek Adams.

12 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've gone...

Man C    Chelsea 

Ipswich     Sunderland

I'm not a big better but that sounds like a good way to keep things interesting. 

How do you put that on?

52 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

I'm not a big better but that sounds like a good way to keep things interesting. 

How do you put that on?

A permed multiple, so you 2 (teams) x 2 x 2 x 2 = 16 bets (or write £xx 4 folds at the bottom of the slip) and multiply stake and add in total stake

If doing it online it will show it as 4 fold accumulators x 16 bets

Archived