IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Well looks like the evil telling porkies...again...While blue and white filled out the stands, from bottom to top of their half of the stadium, Grimsby fans could only manage to fill the lower decks.

Who's the lead writer, Jeffrey Archer ?

Listening to lee Mansell on PW this morning he rates them as a Championship side bordering on the Premiership......................WOW.....to us oldies they have just been promoted to League Division FOUR. Forget 'Irene' they should have a theme tune from Freddie and the DREAMERS

Listening to lee Mansell on PW this morning he rates them as a Championship side bordering on the Premiership......................WOW.....to us oldies they have just been promoted to League Division FOUR. Forget 'Irene' they should have a theme tune from Freddie and the DREAMERS

My first reaction was wtf too, but when I saw it again I took it to mean the support, he quoted 30,000, not the club's league position. He did say though 'give the club 10 or 15 years and it would be great again', which to be honest I found even more funny.

I like the fact we still find them funny and are still basically taking the pi$$. So any of them come looking over on here thinking we're crying in our beer and are bitter and twisted maybe dissapointed :)

On the contrary, I think this thread has 'bitter and twisted' written all over it.  I hoped that Grimsby would win yesterday, but they didn't and I'm over that already. It doesn't matter what division you are in, or how you achieve it, promotion is promotion and if I were a Gas fan I'd be celebrating as if I'd won the Premiership.  Good luck to them, it's what football is all about.  It doesn't matter what division you are in, or what your history is, success is to be enjoyed.

Time to move on, I think.

• Like 2

On the contrary, I think this thread has 'bitter and twisted' written all over it.  I hoped that Grimsby would win yesterday, but they didn't and I'm over that already. It doesn't matter what division you are in, or how you achieve it, promotion is promotion and if I were a Gas fan I'd be celebrating as if I'd won the Premier League.  Good luck to them, it's what football is all about.  It doesn't matter what division you are in, or what your history is, success is to be enjoyed.

This

I dislike the G*s as much as the next man, woman & child, but to get out of that hell hole after one season is a hell of an achievement. Bigger clubs have tried, and failed, so fair play to them. Got a G*s mate who I have a lot of banter with usually, his youngest is in the same class as my middle daughter, they are real good mates. His daughter was diagnosed with leukaemia not long after they got relegated, so the piss taking stopped - some things in life are more important 

I enjoyed their year down there, I laughed when they lost to Braintree, but they've been flying since Christmas, and should've won the league. I don't like the fact they went up, but I still had to get up for work this morning, it doesn't really affect my life in the slightest. Apart from the fact, for the first time in 5 years of living in Gloucester, there was a G*shead in my local last night. Nice to see him come out of hiding at long last, I couldn't even be bothered to say 'well done'

The Gas (as we've always known) are In League with Devils. this is 100% confirmed fact now.

League of Two cult basement.. & Rovers are the biggest Cults going.

Watch the Evil Post get all 'Gas Horny' now, beware of dodgy tales of the unexpected (I mean Tails) & ritual abuse of the beautiful game.

(Crawley Town - Old Nick-Name - Red Devils!)

Edited by WhistleHappy

A shared stadium - as if !!

We (or rather SL) pays for a decent ground, and they move in, I suppose that is what he is suggesting.

As ever, the 15ers looking for something with nothing in return.

It'll never ever happen.

Even Steve L couldn't afford the fumigation costs after their fixtures.

• Like 1

Wonder if this thread will get more than the NLBR one.

More likely we will yo-yo between this thread and the NLBR one for the next few years. Based on what I saw yesterday and v Forest Green, and even allowing for those being 'occasions', Surely at League Two level that side will be fodder?!

If over 120 minutes you can only breach that Grimsby defence once you are seriously in the brown stuff.

If I was Mr Bananarama I would have taken the cup back from them for showing such disrespect for my trophy and booted them out of my league ...

10088798-large.jpg

... followed by an official apology from the club....

Bristol Rovers players Matty Taylor and Jermaine Easter have today apologised for the fact that a photo of Taylor, with the Play-Off trophy, was posted on a number of social media sites.

The players accept that the photo should not be in the public domain and very much regret any offence caused by its appearance in the public domain.

Before the start of the new season all players will be reminded, by the Football Association, of their responsibilities when using any social media site and the club will be monitoring all accounts very closely to ensure that individuals use their accounts sensibly and responsibly.

So we celebrated promotion on the waterfront with passionate speeches from Steve Lansdown, Steve Cotterill and spent let little Oscar have his moment in the spotlight for being a little trooper, and the gas celebrate as the manager swears at the opposition and their striker gets his knob out. Yep, that's Bristol Rovers for you folks.

• Like 7

So we celebrated promotion on the waterfront with passionate speeches from Steve Lansdown, Steve Cotterill and spent let little Oscar have his moment in the spotlight for being a little trooper, and the gas celebrate as the manager swears at the opposition and their striker gets his knob out. Yep, that's Bristol Rovers for you folks.

Sums them up nicely

:clap:

Let's be fair. Should have gone up as champions. Still an epic fail

Still, tbf, their outcome was a fairytale for them. They managed to achieve promotion and reap the financial benefits of a home sell out and wembley final. If they could have chosen auto promotion or play off win before beforehand it would no doubt have been the latter.

"Family club". :rofl2br:

On the contrary, I think this thread has 'bitter and twisted' written all over it.  I hoped that Grimsby would win yesterday, but they didn't and I'm over that already. It doesn't matter what division you are in, or how you achieve it, promotion is promotion and if I were a Gas fan I'd be celebrating as if I'd won the Premier League.  Good luck to them, it's what football is all about.  It doesn't matter what division you are in, or what your history is, success is to be enjoyed.

Really? 

If that was us and we managed to get back into the league, i would just be satisfied that we were trying to rebuild. I've said before that Rovers are a div2/3 club and that's where i expect them to be. Dropping out of the league was an unthinkable, humiliating low. 

Celebrating 'like we won the premier league' after winning the conference play off final on penalties, i would not be doing. To me it lacks dignity and looks tin pot.

Just like being proud of setting attendance records in the conference???!!

If it makes you happier City could drop down to the screwfix and set every record imaginable, but that's just pathetic.

Are they having an open top bus parade?

Radio Bristol reporting this morning that Higgs has said they are going to have a week off and then talk to the council about getting an open top bus tour, so they obviously think their achievement is worthy of it.

Seems like an incredibly half arsed way to go about it, and he is just looking for the opportunity to moan about the council when it doesn't happen.

Really?

If that was us and we managed to get back into the league, i would just be satisfied that we were trying to rebuild. I've said before that Rovers are a div2/3 club and that's where i expect them to be. Dropping out of the league was an unthinkable, humiliating low.

Celebrating 'like we won the premier league' after winning the conference play off final on penalties, i would not be doing. To me it lacks dignity and looks tin pot.

Just like being proud of setting attendance records in the conference???!!

If it makes you happier City could drop down to the screwfix and set every record imaginable, but that's just pathetic.

Really? If City would have been so humiliated I would have been celebrating just as much as the Rovers fans did, if you don't celebrate winning promotion (whatever the level) there is something wrong with you. I hate the Rovers as much as the next man but they are just football fans supporting their team, same as us