IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Radio Bristol reporting this morning that Higgs has said they are going to have a week off and then talk to the council about getting an open top bus tour, so they obviously think their achievement is worthy of it.

Seems like an incredibly half arsed way to go about it, and he is just looking for the opportunity to moan about the council when it doesn't happen.

How embarrassing would that be? Absolutely hope it happens.

• Like 1

Really? If City would have been so humiliated I would have been celebrating just as much as the Rovers fans did, if you don't celebrate winning promotion (whatever the level) there is something wrong with you. I hate the Rovers as much as the next man but they are just football fans supporting their team, same as us

I agree it's a personal thing. I just don't think it's that much of an achievement.

Winning the JPT was a good day out which my son will remember for ever. Did i celebrate the victory like we'd won the FA Cup etc. no. Just like i wouldn't celebrate winning the conference play offs 'like we'd won the premier league'.

Radio Bristol reporting this morning that Higgs has said they are going to have a week off and then talk to the council about getting an open top bus tour, so they obviously think their achievement is worthy of it.

Seems like an incredibly half arsed way to go about it, and he is just looking for the opportunity to moan about the council when it doesn't happen.

Hope it ****** pisses down !

• Like 1

I agree it's a personal thing. I just don't think it's that much of an achievement.

Winning the JPT was a good day out which my son will remember for ever. Did i celebrate the victory like we'd won the FA Cup etc. no. Just like i wouldn't celebrate winning the conference play offs 'like we'd won the premier league'.

So by that rationale, should celebrations be on a scale depending on the level of achievement? Chelsea fans are allowed to celebrate the most, then Bournemouth fans but not quite as much, we were allowed a slightly less jubilant celebration etc etc maybe you think the open top bus parade for City was too much considering it's only league 1? You are talking absolute nonsense I'm afraid, we can all mock getting back into the league etc and it's fair banter, but to say they shouldn't have celebrated as much as they did is rediculous and only a completely biased football fan would think otherwise.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be celebrating winning the play-offs in non league, I'd be embarresd about being there in the first place

The winning post. Exactly right. If I was them I would be breathing a sigh of relief rather than celebrating like they did. Part of me thinks the over the top celebrations were because they were mightily relieved we wouldn't be able to laugh at their latest failure.

I cannot believe that it genuinely says that them being in the conference meant they were finally the big fish that everyone wanted on a plate. Someone save that quote. What the actual ****.

Yea big fish my arse, more like the discard that the conference are glad to be rid of :wacko:

• Like 1

Dopey Darrell does it again!

Is this the most embarrassing video of all time?

http://lockerdome.com/bbcsporf/6169461380096065/7687353254950420

What dreadful behaviour.  I hope the manager does not see this or that pillock could be in big trouble.  What?  You're kidding!  I don't believe it.  Surely not.  No dignified manager would bring disgrace on his club like that.  Obviously a case of mistaken identity.  No?  Who is he?  Never.  You're having me on.