IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:
3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

My sources suggest BRFC aren't exactly confident about winning this appeal.

I think they had to do it; I would have done.

The original ruling seemed very considered and in line with the law.

This appeal is based upon Sainsburys should have done the "right" thing rather than used the options within the contract to legally exit it. Sometimes this moral argument carries the day but they would be deluded to think they stand a strong chance of winning rather than it being something worth one more throw of the dice.

5 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

And it's this sort of post that makes it oh so moronic when you start bleating on about how nasty the big bad police are. Honestly I'm not sure there's a bigger moron on these boards. 

FFS even the biggest moron can see I'm having a laugh, maybe not to your taste but a joke it was still, oh the irony.

Im not on here to be lectured at by a jumped up PCSO or whatever you are (a little joke for you Sir) this is a forum, a place for freedom of speech, you might be able to bully others due to your line of work, yet this is cyber space, it's not REAL LIFE so I will say what I want and when I want. what I said was in jest, AGAIN not to your or some others taste but in jest.

Start looking closer to home when you dish out the word moron.....or better still use the ignore button if you don't want to  read what I want to write in jest/bad taste, or in seriousness. 

PS just put me on ignore, I find it quite useful.

WHOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

i've just read the evil post report on 'the appeal', did Sainsbury's not have a legal team at this hearing?, because if they did the post did not report anything about it whatsoever.

They won't, it's all hyped up to portray the thieves as the good guys. That's why NH made the recent statements in the hope of somehow pumping up the pressure and influencing the judges (lying worked with AV), while also portraying Sainsbury's as the bad guys for halting an improving club on the up. It also makes the headlines more dramatic if they lose the appeal. At the end of the day the media get a good story.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cynic said:

Case closed a day early.

Either a clear cut victory for them or a kick in the teeth.

Hopefully the latter.

The dice have been rolled and the fat bird is clearing her clack...

Probably knew each others cases so well prior to the hearing, that there was no need for extra representations or questions on the third day. Sounds as if the thieves are hoping that the judges will see Sainsbury's as not playing the game  and award in the thieves favour or, Sainsbury's used the law as was intended, covered their backs, and because of delays and the thieves trying to change the contract, upholding the original decision. 

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

i've just read the evil post report on 'the appeal', did Sainsbury's not have a legal team at this hearing?, because if they did the post did not report anything about it whatsoever.

It does seem rather slanted. That said Sainsburys case could have simply been 'The High Court was right'  

14 minutes ago, Rich said:

Probably knew each others cases so well prior to the hearing, that there was no need for extra representations or questions on the third day. 

Yeah they would have done. Each would have submitted what's called a skeleton argument, being the bones of their case so the court and the other side can be prepared. 

Edited by Guest

So let me see if I've got this right.

The scum presented nothing new, just said Sainsbury's were still held by the contract (which the previous judge released them from) and then said the previous judge was wrong?

It's hardly compelling evidence to force 3 judges to disagree with their esteemed colleague now is it?

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

It does seem rather slanted. That said Sainsburys case could have simply been 'The High Court was right'  

Yeah they would have done. Each would have submitted what's called a skeleton argument, being the bones of their case so the court and the other side can be prepared. 

The few quotes attributed to Sainsbury's seem to have come from the original appeal, it really looks as though their legal team never showed up.

isn't this just leave to appeal though?.

I find it all pretty bizarre.

The Sags appear to be basing their appeal on theft the fact that Sainsbury's weren't very nice to them.

That may be so, but hardly something that stands up in a court of law.

I suspect the appeal judges recessed to the pub and had a good laugh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

I find it all pretty bizarre.

The Sags appear to be basing their appeal on theft the fact that Sainsbury's weren't very nice to them.

That may be so, but hardly something that stands up in a court of law.

I suspect the appeal judges recessed to the pub and had a good laugh.

I'm inclined to agree M2Sea. It strikes me of a case of 'it's not fair so I'm taking my ball home'. 

There are no grounds to accept the appeal as far as I can see as naff all new was presented apart from the sags saying the judge was wrong!

Is that right?