IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Companies House in Jersey. You filthy tax dodgers eh.

not so sure the tax dodger bit is true, but correct me if I am wrong

Bristol Rovers FC will pay all it's UK Tax. We have a foreign owner who doesn't live here and doesn't have any income here (as far as I am aware) and thus wouldn't pay UK Tax anyway.

For the record, I have no gripe with Steve Lansdown doing what he can  legally to limit his tax bill. That isn't his fault or problem

14 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Your owners have set up a holding company for Rovers. Dwane Sports.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/club/contact_us/

It's registered in Jersey.

https://www.jerseyfsc.org/registry/documentSearch/NameDetail.aspx?Id=306465

All we've heard for years about Lansdown is he's a tax dodger.  Now its ok... obviously.

Yes...It's appears all the fake outrage they direct towards Lansdown (who jointly created a company that pays huge amounts of tax and provides employment for many Bristolians) was just them being ******* hypocrites again.

Who'd have thought it?

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, Hello said:

not so sure the tax dodger bit is true, but correct me if I am wrong

Bristol Rovers FC will pay all it's UK Tax. We have a foreign owner who doesn't live here and doesn't have any income here (as far as I am aware) and thus wouldn't pay UK Tax anyway.

For the record, I have no gripe with Steve Lansdown doing what he can  legally to limit his tax bill. That isn't his fault or problem

This is the thing I find confusing. SL doesn't live here and neither does he work for HL (as far as I know), he is just a shareholder.

So I'm a bit confused about the tax dodger shout.

17 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Your owners have set up a holding company for Rovers. Dwane Sports.  It's registered in Jersey.

https://www.jerseyfsc.org/registry/documentSearch/NameDetail.aspx?Id=306465

All we've heard for years about Lansdown is he's a tax dodger.  Now its ok... obviously.

As I say I have no gripe with Steve Lansdown and Tax, he does what he does (as far as any of us know) perfectly legally. Not his problem or his fault. If anyone has a problem with it it should be directed at the system.

I don't know anyone who wouldn't pay less tax if they could so find all the shouts of 'tax dodger' aimed at SL pretty boring and pointless

I am not a tax expert, so no idea what tax Dwane Sport would be charged or avoiding giving that it is owned by a non Uk resident. Again just like SL I am sure all done above board

All I know is where I work if you ring HMRC they can never give you a straight answer and it seems nearly half the clubs in England are owned ‘overseas’

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This is the thing I find confusing. SL doesn't live here and neither does he work for HL (as far as I know), he is just a shareholder.

So I'm a bit confused about the tax dodger shout.

basically if HL pay a dividend to it's shareholders, SL currently has to pay less in income tax as he is a non resident (I think that is the simplified version). Again perfectly legal and not a dodge that people claim as SL is limited to time he can spend here before he becomes liable.

I mean if I was in SLs position I'd do the same and move probably. I'd just choose somewhere warmer than Guernsey

1 minute ago, Hello said:

basically if HL pay a dividend to it's shareholders, SL currently has to pay less in income tax as he is a non resident (I think that is the simplified version). Again perfectly legal and not a dodge that people claim as SL is limited to time he can spend here before he becomes liable.

I mean if I was in SLs position I'd do the same and move probably. I'd just choose somewhere warmer than Guernsey

So exactly the same as someone living in the UK with shares in an overseas company then. 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So today is the day then...

What exactly happens if the gas win today? Do they actually get paid, or do they just win the right to get another judgement?

Either way, I'm looking forward to reading a club statement that's every bit as professional as Charlton's. 

Not sure it makes much difference if they lose the owner will have to put his hand in his pocket to get it built.

40 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

So today is the day then...

What exactly happens if the gas win today? Do they actually get paid, or do they just win the right to get another judgement?

Either way, I'm looking forward to reading a club statement that's every bit as professional as Charlton's. 

I'm sure every sentence will start with "This very special, unique club"..

• Like 1

Looks like Higgs pulled a fast one over Wally!!

It was heard today that Lord Justice's Laws, McCombe and Floyd have upheld the decision made by Lord Justice Proudman and turned down Bristol Rovers appeal against that judgement.

A spokesperson for Bristol Rovers said: "We will be looking closely at the judgement to assess its implications for the Club and it's future and will make a further statement in due course."

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/stadium-appeal-verdict-3011291.aspx