IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Whether you like it or not we are definitely on your radar now , we may not have been for years but we are now .I'm very proud of my club and we'll end up where we're supposed to be.  Take care and watch this space.UTG 

There we go, your showing your true colours now. You have some success and your making it all about us. 

The truth is pal, I never want to see City play you lot again, if we do that will mean we have gone backwards. 

You and your 6 fingered friends ambition is to get in the same league as us and finish above us even if it's by +1 GD. That's as far as your ambition stretches. Our ambition is to get to the prem, to play the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. For now we will enjoy playing the likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle. 

You are a million miles away from being anywhere near our radar sorry to say. 

Let's just remember the last time you were a league below us you finished 23rd in that league. Was you also on our radar then? Was you coming for us then also? So please forgive me for rolling on the floor laughing hystericaly at your coming to get us claims. Here's hoping for the same outcome this time.

If dopey leads you to mid table obscurity like Trollope did will your fans hound him out also? Simply because you couldn't catch up with us? In your eyes you were so close but just couldn't get anywhere near us and Trollope was made the fall guy for that failure. You then tumbled down the league's. Just shows how unhealthy your obsession with us is. You would gamble everything to try and close the gap.

To be brutally honest with you now you have been promoted you are punching above your weight. With your whole current set up you are a mid table league two club at best.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Just Red said:

There we go, your showing your true colours now. You have some success and your making it all about us. 

The truth is pal, I never want to see City play you lot again, if we do that will mean we have gone backwards. 

You and your 6 fingered friends ambition is to get in the same league as us and finish above us even if it's by +1 GD. That's as far as your ambition stretches. Our ambition is to get to the prem, to play the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. For now we will enjoy playing the likes of Aston Villa and Newcastle. 

You are a million miles away from being anywhere near our radar sorry to say. 

Let's just remember the last time you were a league below us you finished 23rd in that league. Was you also on our radar then? Was you coming for us then also? So please forgive me for rolling on the floor laughing hystericaly at your coming to get us claims. Here's hoping for the same outcome this time.

If dopey leads you to mid table obscurity like Trollope did will your fans hound him out also? Simply because you couldn't catch up with us? In your eyes you were so close but just couldn't get anywhere near us and Trollope was made the fall guy for that failure. You then tumbled down the league's. Just shows how unhealthy your obsession with us is. You would gamble everything to try and close the gap.

To be brutally honest with you now you have been promoted you are punching above your weight. With your whole current set up you are a mid table league two club at best.

Very brutal indeed , best bet is for us to see what happens. Luckily we have good team spirit and see where it takes us , sorry you feel the way you do, a lot of city fans are actually happy for us 

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Very brutal indeed , best bet is for us to see what happens. Luckily we have good team spirit and see where it takes us , sorry you feel the way you do, a lot of city fans are actually happy for us 

Many Rovers fans I know believe this "team spirit" was a major factor in the current promotion - ability will be found out over 46 games

• Like 1

Just seen the , is Daryl the best manager ever for the squatters , article on the Post sight.  Now I don't like him/them , but he has done a decent job but does that paper have no perspective at all ??  They have done back to back promotions (in case you hadn't heard ), commendable , but does anyone red or blue really believe the first promotion an achievement ? Good day out for them but coming a poor second best to Barnet, really ?  The second is a job well done (all be it relying on Acrington not to score) , they have momentum and something to celebrate after falling out of the League , but dear God does that rag go over board or what ! 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Just seen the , is Daryl the best manager ever for the squatters , article on the Post sight.  Now I don't like him/them , but he has done a decent job but does that paper have no perspective at all ??  They have done back to back promotions (in case you hadn't heard ), commendable , but does anyone red or blue really believe the first promotion an achievement ? Good day out for them but coming a poor second best to Barnet, really ?  The second is a job well done (all be it relying on Acrington not to score) , they have momentum and something to celebrate after falling out of the League , but dear God does that rag go over board or what ! 

For a while I shared that belief that Daryl was the best Rovers manager ever.

In fact I can pinpoint the 20 minutes of their game against Colin Daniels when he had completely exceeded my expectations.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I usually buy it, BUT made a conscious descision not to for AT LEAST a week, till the **** fest has subsided ! 

• Like 1

I struggle to understand the Sags who are suckered by the lie that is Darryl Clarke's "passion".  "That" photo that has been doing the rounds...that is the expression of someone who has supported the club for the majority of his life.  Experiencing a couple of highs, but many, many more lows.  The pain of underachievement, the struggles of a nomadic existence, the culmination of years and years of slump finally, finally bringing some real positivity.  Not the face of someone who has been around for less than three years.  

I've no doubt he's proud of what he's achieved, but that was not the normal, instinctive reaction, of someone who's been on the scene for five minutes. That sort of expression is primal when it's genuine.  It's pure and unadulterated joy, relief, disbelief and love.  

Which means it's a front to keep the fans onside and think of him as "one of us".  And it's worked!  They're lapping it up!  He'll be gone as soon as one of the bigger teams comes in for him I'm sure.  But they just don't see it...they see it as yet another sign of just how amazing and unique they really are!

I believe it when LJ looks genuinely happy for what we're doing.  He has spent a large majority of his career with us and developed a genuine affinity over six years with us that continued to grow for years after he left.  His upbringing meant that he was never in one place for long enough to have a team to call his, and his support for us is believable.  Whereas Dopey's is nothing short of pantomime.

(in my opinion!)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

I would be happy for you if the majority of your fans didn't continually harp on about us and they concentrated on your own club. 

You have to also remember that back to back promotions from the conference to league one is not all that uncommon. So far momentum and team spirit has carried you to where you are now. Your gonna need a little bit more about you if you are gonna push on further and to be honest to even survive.

To make the jump up to the Championship is far more difficult. Donny and Yeovil have done it and have then returned to what may be considered their natural positions in the league.

Your club as a whole is a million miles away from being a Championship club. In fact I'd love to see you make the jump up to the Championship as it will destroy your club. Ala Yeovil. I know Your fans like to think your the greatest club in the world but you simply would not be able to compete financially. Even us with our healthy resources struggle to compete with the bigger boys, things are slowly changing for us but only because of our Championship experience. We have had to suck a lot of lemons and kissed many frogs and made many mistakes and spent maybe 50 million? Just to be a lower Championship side. Our biggest mistake was reaching the play off final. We should have done it how we are doing it now.

The truth is over the past 10 years your club has had similar fortunes to Cheltenham and that's the size of club I consider you to be currently.

Around 2000 you were in a similar position to us, even finished above us, however for the majority of the past 15 years we have pushed on and had some modest success at the top of league one and in the Championship, you have just gone backwards with the odd small step forwards every now and then, but then you go backwards again.

When you had the likes of Roberts, Ellington, Cureton etc I feared you. You had an impressive team in those days. I could name every single one of your players back then. Now I couldn't name one.

As a club you have returned to league one with a poorer team than you had in those days and off the field you have made no progress at all. Your stadium is identical to 16 years ago save a new roof here and there. Your youth facilities are poorer. You've lost the rugby income and your attendances have been pretty average. In all honesty you should be able to attract at least 8k in league two regularly. The fact you havnt speaks volumes.

In the same period we have pushed on and became a Championship club, Our academy is a Cat 2. We have the whole Bristol Sport model. The stadium has been rebuilt, New training ground. Our fan base continues to grow. Our whole club has been overhauled off the pitch with people like Mark Ashton coming in. We were able to attract players such as Maynard, Trundle, Sno, Hartley, Heaton and more recently Kodjia, Baker, Tomlin, Flint, Freeman etc etc. You signed a homeless guy.

Don't run before you can walk. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

depends on what you class as an achievement. Not many teams have come straight back up from the conference. Cheltenham have done well but I would suggest they were better prepared/ran to be a conference club given how they were operating in the league compared to us and adapting was less of a challenge.

This year, we were what 4 goals better than Accrington, so in that sense we deserved it. Accrington have had an outstanding season in relative comparison

Is Clarke the best manager? all subjective at the end of the da with different circumstances. Gerry (1st time round) is probably still top at the moment, but Clarke could better him

As for the Post, to be honest I give up with them they write so much shite all round, Rovers, City, the news

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Just Red said:

I would be happy for you if the majority of your fans didn't continually harp on about us and they concentrated on your own club. 

You have to also remember that back to back promotions from the conference to league one is not all that uncommon. So far momentum and team spirit has carried you to where you are now. Your gonna need a little bit more about you if you are gonna push on further and to be honest to even survive.

To make the jump up to the Championship is far more difficult. Donny and Yeovil have done it and have then returned to what may be considered their natural positions in the league.

Your club as a whole is a million miles away from being a Championship club. In fact I'd love to see you make the jump up to the Championship as it will destroy your club. Ala Yeovil. I know Your fans like to think your the greatest club in the world but you simply would not be able to compete financially. Even us with our healthy resources struggle to compete with the bigger boys, things are slowly changing for us but only because of our Championship experience. We have had to suck a lot of lemons and kissed many frogs and made many mistakes and spent maybe 50 million? Just to be a lower Championship side. Our biggest mistake was reaching the play off final. We should have done it how we are doing it now.

The truth is over the past 10 years your club has had similar fortunes to Cheltenham and that's the size of club I consider you to be currently.

Around 2000 you were in a similar position to us, even finished above us, however for the majority of the past 15 years we have pushed on and had some modest success at the top of league one and in the Championship, you have just gone backwards with the odd small step forwards every now and then, but then you go backwards again.

When you had the likes of Roberts, Ellington, Cureton etc I feared you. You had an impressive team in those days. I could name every single one of your players back then. Now I couldn't name one.

As a club you have returned to league one with a poorer team than you had in those days and off the field you have made no progress at all. Your stadium is identical to 16 years ago save a new roof here and there. Your youth facilities are poorer. You've lost the rugby income and your attendances have been pretty average. In all honesty you should be able to attract at least 8k in league two regularly. The fact you havnt speaks volumes.

In the same period we have pushed on and became a Championship club, Our academy is a Cat 2. We have the whole Bristol Sport model. The stadium has been rebuilt, New training ground. Our fan base continues to grow. Our whole club has been overhauled off the pitch with people like Mark Ashton coming in. We were able to attract players such as Maynard, Trundle, Sno, Hartley, Heaton and more recently Kodjia, Baker, Tomlin, Flint, Freeman etc etc. You signed a homeless guy.

Don't run before you can walk. 

I agree with you to a degree on the jump to the Championship. I think we need to establish ourselves back in league One and the new owners have time to implement any plans and hopefully get the stadium built.

I wouldn't turn down promotion if it came. but if we were somehow good enough/fortunate to go straight up again, we wouldn't be ready

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hello said:

I agree with you to a degree on the jump to the Championship. I think we need to establish ourselves back in league One and the new owners have time to implement any plans and hopefully get the stadium built.

I wouldn't turn down promotion if it came. but if we were somehow good enough/fortunate to go straight up again, we wouldn't be ready

I admire your sense of realism. I feel exactly the same about our chances if we managed to get to the prem any time soon. The only difference being one season in the prem would set us up nicely for the next few seasons. Like Burnley I suppose.

In the Championship you don't make money, the Championship bleeds you dry and without a stadium that can generate income by ticket sales and hospitality or without wealthy owners it's pretty difficult. Currently I suspect you have neither of those ingredients. 

I'm firmly against the Bristol United model but do believe it could benefit both club's and Bristol if we could work closer together. However your fans attitude towards us and their vendetta simply means this could never happen.

I would quite like a Liverpool - Everton situation. There is a United front with their fans. Families who have divided support sit and watch the game together.

Following a Bristol derby I've not spoke to friends and family for weeks after because of the bitterness I get from them. There is nothing good about a Bristol derby. It turns genuine nice people into nasty horrible people for those couple of weeks.

Of course it has to remain we are more like Liverpool and your more like Everton.

• Like 3

Time to drop this thread it's petty, childish & boring . 

In my later days of playing , I was in the 3rd X1 . We won cups & leagues every season . But no way did any of us think we were better than the 1st team who played 4 divisions higher but generally finished half-way. But we enjoyed it . We were a good crowd . We enjoyed the moment . 

Let Rovers do the same . Don't rise to the bait . Don't antagonise them . Footballs a funny game . I think City have a healthy few years ahead but you just don't know . 

Have banter with your Gas mates , but this ongoing rubbish on here makes the whole City fan-base look collectively arrogant and immature which I don't think is the case . 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Just Red said:

I have no time for the blue few, but pretty ironic comment on page 205 of a thread about them on our forum...!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Just Red said:

I admire your sense of realism. I feel exactly the same about our chances if we managed to get to the prem any time soon. The only difference being one season in the prem would set us up nicely for the next few seasons. Like Burnley I suppose.

In the Championship you don't make money, the Championship bleeds you dry and without a stadium that can generate income by ticket sales and hospitality or without wealthy owners it's pretty difficult. Currently I suspect you have neither of those ingredients. 

I'm firmly against the Bristol United model but do believe it could benefit both club's and Bristol if we could work closer together. However your fans attitude towards us and their vendetta simply means this could never happen.

I would quite like a Liverpool - Everton situation. There is a United front with their fans. Families who have divided support sit and watch the game together.

Following a Bristol derby I've not spoke to friends and family for weeks after because of the bitterness I get from them. There is nothing good about a Bristol derby. It turns genuine nice people into nasty horrible people for those couple of weeks.

Of course it has to remain we are more like Liverpool and your more like Everton.

Set us up nicely? We'd get paid more money for finishing last than their nillionaire owner is worth. Fact! :yes:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, redapple said:

This ongoing rubbish on here makes the whole City fan-base look collectively arrogant and immature....

How can comments on a forum make the 'whole fan-base' look arrogant and immature?

Only a tiny, tiny percentage of our fanbase post on here, it is in no way whatsoever representative of the views of all City fans, and I think all visitors to these pages recognise that....

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can comments on a forum make the 'whole fan-base' look arrogant and immature?

Only a tiny, tiny percentage of our fanbase post on here, it is in no way whatsoever representative of the views of all City fans, and I think all visitors to these pages recognise that....

Perception 

1 hour ago, redapple said:

Time to drop this thread it's petty, childish & boring . 

In my later days of playing , I was in the 3rd X1 . We won cups & leagues every season . But no way did any of us think we were better than the 1st team who played 4 divisions higher but generally finished half-way. But we enjoyed it . We were a good crowd . We enjoyed the moment . 

Let Rovers do the same . Don't rise to the bait . Don't antagonise them . Footballs a funny game . I think City have a healthy few years ahead but you just don't know . 

Have banter with your Gas mates , but this ongoing rubbish on here makes the whole City fan-base look collectively arrogant and immature which I don't think is the case . 

Well said