IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, Hello said:

Not doubting you, but from what I gather was DC was upset about the takeover in so much had no idea about it happening and probably was unsure where that would leave him.

I guess the new board/owner and Clarke have spoken so either got on alright, if they haven't considering the job he has done, what put the new boys off of Clarke?

As far as I am aware he was on a 12 month rolling contract, so now we have now offered an improved deal to keep him. So no love lost seems a bit odd to say. If that was the case why not let him go and agree compo

Your owner wants his own man and team he's appointed however he is aware he needs to appear populist. 

The conditions set out by your club for compensation are what's holding it up, the money won't be matched by Wael in terms of wages Leeds are offering. 

12 minutes ago, Swede said:

Absolute quality, I mean who are Leeds United, they have only won the League, FA Cup & been European Cup semi finalists.

That's nothing compared to the Watney Cup is it.

Finalists in '75.

3 minutes ago, Hello said:

anyway if he does go how do you feel about  'Dopey' taking 6 points off of you next season?

Haha, interesting !

Our record against Leeds is appalling; we always seem to save some of our worst performances for when we face Leeds.

Should he get / take the offer, it would certainly raise the temperature inside A.G., hopefully to the extent that we might beat the bastards for a change ! 

• Like 2

Question. 

DC is on a 12 month rolling contract. When does that run out? Because surely that is season to season so he'd be out of contract now?

So why the hell have rovers 'set conditions' if he's out of contract? Surely he can talk to whoever the **** he wants?

Amazed none of the Rovers fans who pop in here has passed comment on the 'Wally isn't wealthy' statements that have been made.

Guessing the next couple of months will tell the whole story. But you'd be surprised if he hasn't already added close to half a million to the wage bill with the directors he has employed since taking control. That can't leave a huge amount of wiggle room for new players, no if Dopey has been offered a new deal.

You also wonder if the new deal is because they want him to stay, or if they want maximum compensation should he elect to move on, can't imagine a 12 month rolling contract commands as much compo as a 3 year deal from the clubs point of view.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Amazed none of the Rovers fans who pop in here has passed comment on the 'Wally isn't wealthy' statements that have been made.

Guessing the next couple of months will tell the whole story. But you'd be surprised if he hasn't already added close to half a million to the wage bill with the directors he has employed since taking control. That can't leave a huge amount of wiggle room for new players, no if Dopey has been offered a new deal.

You also wonder if the new deal is because they want him to stay, or if they want maximum compensation should he elect to move on, can't imagine a 12 month rolling contract commands as much compo as a 3 year deal from the clubs point of view.

I bet he owns more camels than SL.

10 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

There is no way DC will turn down Leeds Utd, a fantastic opportunity regardless of the owner.  He's had an amazing run at Rovers and all it takes is a bad run in League 1 and he could be out on his ear with no chance of attracting the attention of a club the size of Leeds Utd again.

Ed Zachary.

All these gAssholes saying he'd be better off staying at the swamp are deluded. If he goes to Leeds and does a decent job there the world is his lobster.

Move to a huge club with massive potential,  or stay at a small to average sized league one club who's new owner has so far only proven he can pay for a car park??

Edited by glynriley

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Question. 

DC is on a 12 month rolling contract. When does that run out? Because surely that is season to season so he'd be out of contract now?

So why the hell have rovers 'set conditions' if he's out of contract? Surely he can talk to whoever the **** he wants?

Rolling contracts generally have their duration to go at any one point.

Thus 'rolling' rather than fixed term. 

2 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Question. 

Doesnt work like that, rolling contracts never have a set end/start date, you always have a year left from whatever day they want rid of you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Doesnt work like that, rolling contracts never have a set end/start date, you always have a year left from whatever day they want rid of you.

Ah. I see. I assumed it was a rolling contract that was resigned every 12 months. Apologies for my moment of stupidity.

10 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Your owner wants his own man and team he's appointed however he is aware he needs to appear populist. 

The conditions set out by your club for compensation are what's holding it up, the money won't be matched by Wael in terms of wages Leeds are offering. 

To be fair (and I'm sure some of you guys will back me up)

I have said that it's far from clear how much money he has. He obviously has some by the nature of his business but that doesn't mean he is mega wealthy or has any liquid funds.

I am not carried away by what Wael Al-Qadi has or hasn't got to spend. I just hope they run the club well unlike the last lot chasing dreams they coudnt achieve.

No idea what we will have offered in the contract, but realisticly what are Leeds going to offer a man with one years experience as a football league manager. Leeds the opportunity must be a bigger pull than money

• Like 5

• Admin
1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Any reaction from Leeds fans?

Hope Clarke takes the job. If he's got what it takes to succeed here, he will. A young, up and coming manager who plays attractive football is exactly what MC said he wanted and suits me down to the ground. Old guys doing the rounds having been sacked elsewhere are to be avoided. Our last decent appt was Larry who we identified and recruited whilst in work, doing a good job. Clarke would be a similar appt. 

It's a risk, any appt would be but unlike all but Larry, Clarke isn't damaged goods and if fans can't back an up and coming young manager who can you back. 

Here's hoping.

---------------------------------------------

I have to admire your positivity. I have defended Cellino on many occasions as regards his handling of the financial catastrophe inherited from Bates. But from a football & managerial perspective his actions in the past weeks have shown him to be out of his depth. Case 1 - the club launches a fantastic season ticket initiative and then he wines on about being lonely and not looking forward to the season - w.....r! Case 2. Is we know the season ended 2 weeks ago. It's like a starting pistol for appointments of DoF, coaching staff, manager etc then recruitment of players. Has anything happened not a thing. 

His treatment of Evans is appalling - cellino justified his appointment in October and he has achieved. Fine sack him if David Moyes is arriving .... But he just seems to be trawling round for cheap inexperienced young pups .... Clarke will immediately be operating at a level; with players of a standard he has never experienced. This is not a Martin one'll or JFH serving his time at a lower level, he is a lamb to the slaughter who might just turn us down given he is working for a seriously wealthy owner already. 

I sincerely hope your right and I'm wrong but if I am ... It will be more a case of luck than good management me thinks.

-----------------------------------------------------

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Absolutely - huge club. Like you say, getting sacked by that madman is not likely to damage your reputation. 

I genuinely think he's about to plateau with the Gas, he should cash his stock in now.

Sadly I agree. Although to 'plateau' at the moment would be no disgrace, I suspect he knows now is his moment, although I'm sure a better offer than Leeds (in their current state) will come along if he bides his time a little longer.