IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

So you disagree with the bit were he gave you due credit and said two promotions was good. You're a hard man to please I think!

I thank you for that it's all the other countless anti DC comments  .. which you are allowed as this is after all a BCFC site 

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Laugh all you want but the facts are quite clear .. We've won 2 promotions 

There are plenty of teams in the Suburban League and the Downs League who have won 2 promotions, but they don't claim they are the Barcelona of England. Everything is relative.  Lower league success doesn't mean much, particularly when it was achieved by having a better goal difference than Accrington Stanley! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Our promotions etc you can tell by most of the comments on here .. slate us all you want .. sticks and stones etc .. must dash I have work to do 

:blink:

If any City fan is bitter about your Promotions they need shooting.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You were going 20 minutes ago, you will be late for work!

I start at 2 just slowly getting ready  .. sorry for dubbing saying I was literally on my way to work. . however I am getting ready for the off in 5 mins then that's it 

11 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

There are plenty of teams in the Suburban League and the Downs League who have won 2 promotions, but they don't claim they are the Barcelona of England. Everything is relative.  Lower league success doesn't mean much, particularly when it was achieved by having a better goal difference than Accrington Stanley! 

Get over it we went up now see if we can survive in League 1 .. definitely gone now !! 

10 minutes ago, Philgas said:

I thank you for that it's all the other countless anti DC comments  .. which you are allowed as this is after all a BCFC site 

As I said earlier in the thread, he's done well with the two promotions (though following the logic of some of your fans, you were lucky that there were 20+ teams shitter than you!).  But the whole passion thing is an act.  The expression on his face follo wing promotion is the face of someone who has suffered for years and years seeing you move grounds several times over the years, suffering from being (factually) the less successful team in the city, suffering far more lows than highs and finally, finally enjoying some long overdue success.  It's not the emotion of someone who's been there five minutes and hasn't been through what the rest of you have.  He experienced a relegation in a season he only presided over for a few games, followed by two very good seasons.  What release does he need?  None.  That expression...that passion....he's not a lifelong Gashead, and so it was an act to sucker you in and get you to idolise him....but it's not genuine.  But your lot lap it up like he was born in a blue and white quarters.

From an outside view, he should act with more dignity and stop mugging off the fans who shout his name.  And you lot need to see through the charade and just appreciate the job he's done (which is very good) without buying the act.  

And no....I'm not bitter...I'm not sure what any City fan would be bitter about.  We haven't suffered the recent ignominy of relegation out of the football league.  We have a stadium to be proud of, an actual billionaire owner who is doing all he can to make us the best we can be, we won the double a year ago and saw a continued improvement in the second half of last season...in the Championship.  We've not been below you for over five and a half THOUSAND days.  Pray tell.....what do we have to be bitter about?!?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Philgas said:

Laugh all you want but the facts are quite clear .. We've won 2 promotions 

One of which was only necessary because he oversaw your failure to get a point at home to Mansfield Town the previous season.

I am happy to recognise how well Clarke has done in achieving successive promotions, but you would get more credit if you at least recognised that he contributed to the relegation in the first place which has enabled you to be promoted twice.  I acknowledge that he was not solely responsible having only taken over in March.  However, Rovers were 20th in League Two when he took over, so his net achievement is ONE promotion.

Edited by ChippenhamRed
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Bitter? Why would I be bitter, we're better than you in every department.

And that's a fact.

According to them they have the better striker (taylor over Kodjia), Will have a better ground, have a better manager and better fans and a richer owner. Have I missed any?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Super said:

According to them they have the better striker (taylor over Kodjia), Will have a better ground, have a better manager and better fans and a richer owner. Have I missed any?

Bigger away following, better Equine skills, far more deluded.........

• Like 1

Our promotions etc you can tell by most of the comments on here .. slate us all you want .. sticks and stones etc .. must dash I have work to do 

You will find most on here actually feel it's a decent achievement. Although finding yourselves in a position where you need two promotions to get back to where you once were is embarrassing.

Rovers will always have a huge thirst for success. Every year you feel you should be winning whatever league you are in. Your pursuit of this success is what will always cause your downfall.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

Better striker? Some lower league player who puts his nob in a cup!

Better ground? A souless bowl in SOUTH GLOUCESTER!

Better manager? A sewer rat with zero class and a drunk!

Better fans? Horse punching cretins!

Richer owner? Some grubby arab who has pennies compared to SL!

They really are a backward lot.

Edited by Hartcliffe red
  • Like 1

In your lots eyes not ours  he's sound ..

Sound as a pound.

Good for you bye for now 

Genuine question and I'd like you to give it some serious thought. 

What achievement was better, Your double promotion or Our double winning season where we won 99 points?

I work in a secure unit plus I'm a Martial Arts Instructor and PT. . Train a few reds who I enjoy plenty of banter with .. 

A gAss Martial Arts Instructor , what do you teach Ikea-do..?

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

As I said earlier in the thread, he's done well with the two promotions (though following the logic of some of your fans, you were lucky that there were 20+ teams shitter than you!).  But the whole passion thing is an act.  The expression on his face follo wing promotion is the face of someone who has suffered for years and years seeing you move grounds several times over the years, suffering from being (factually) the less successful team in the city, suffering far more lows than highs and finally, finally enjoying some long overdue success.  It's not the emotion of someone who's been there five minutes and hasn't been through what the rest of you have.  He experienced a relegation in a season he only presided over for a few games, followed by two very good seasons.  What release does he need?  None.  That expression...that passion....he's not a lifelong Gashead, and so it was an act to sucker you in and get you to idolise him....but it's not genuine.  But your lot lap it up like he was born in a blue and white quarters.

From an outside view, he should act with more dignity and stop mugging off the fans who shout his name.  And you lot need to see through the charade and just appreciate the job he's done (which is very good) without buying the act.  

And no....I'm not bitter...I'm not sure what any City fan would be bitter about.  We haven't suffered the recent ignominy of relegation out of the football league.  We have a stadium to be proud of, an actual billionaire owner who is doing all he can to make us the best we can be, we won the double a year ago and saw a continued improvement in the second half of last season...in the Championship.  We've not been below you for over five and a half THOUSAND days.  Pray tell.....what do we have to be bitter about?!?

My opinion is obviously a 1,000,000 miles apart so let's just agree to disagree 

Onwards and Upwards 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

Sound as a pound.

Genuine question and I'd like you to give it some serious thought. 

What achievement was better, Your double promotion or Our double winning season where we won 99 points?

Youre achievement was better naturally as you were in and still are in a higher league than us, however we have surprised a lot of people that doubted our ability to bounce back the way we have .. I am a happy GasHead 

58 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The Bristol Observer doesn't deliver itself

I did deliver The Observer around 4 years ago for fitness training. . I delivered around 3,000 papers a week and ran the whole 10 rounds .. was training for a John O Groats to Lands End run which I did for charity .. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Youre achievement was better naturally as you were in and still are in a higher league than us, however we have surprised a lot of people that doubted our ability to bounce back the way we have .. I am a happy GasHead 

Thank you, just wanted to see if you were as deluded as some of your fellow fans. 

It is a fantastic achievement, although your not the only club to have achieved it. There has also been a huge amount of luck in it. Winning a penalty shootout and Accrington not winning. And those two things are what really need to be remembered in order to ground your fan base. 

Some of your fans will remain realistic and would take survival in the last kick of the last game. However most of your fans will expect you to be table topping just like they did in the past. Whoever your manager will be will be hounded out just like Trollope was. 

A natural position for Bristol Rovers is mid table league one. Its just some of your fans will never be able to accept that respectable position.

5 minutes ago, Just Red said:

It is a fantastic achievement, although your not the only club to have achieved it. There has also been a huge amount of luck in it. Winning a penalty shootout and Accrington not winning. And those two things are what really need to be remembered in order to ground your fan base. 

Sorry, but not clear how winning a penalty shootout, and then a rival losing a key match, amounts to 'luck'.  Rovers got promotion last year by coming second in a season of 46 games; getting through to the playoff final; then winning the final on penalties.  Can't see that as being luck-related.  This year they have gone one better by getting automatic promotion after 46 games.  The fact that Accrington lost their final game is neither here not there.  Rovers ended up in a higher position after 46 games and any luck will probably have been two-way across the season.

I think they have done fantastically well in the last two seasons and if I were a Rovers fan I'd be chuffed to bits.  As to where is their 'natural position' - no such thing!  I grew up with the likes of Watford and Swansea as lower division clubs, and look at them now.  If I were a Rovers fan I'd be optimistic about next season.  I'd certainly expect a top-half finish from them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Philgas said:

I did deliver The Observer around 4 years ago for fitness training. . I delivered around 3,000 papers a week and ran the whole 10 rounds .. was training for a John O Groats to Lands End run which I did for charity .. 

To be fair I delivered the Observer about 20 years ago, used to love getting the extra leaflets as that = £££ 

• Like 1