IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, cynic said:

What with the magnificent ST sales (over 4k now), a top 6 budget, loadsamoney for transfers, sell out crowds, not enough corporate boxes, new stadium on the horizon, when is it all going to end ? 

2018 might be too soon but they must be nailed on winners for the 2022 World Cup.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

I have often wondered who the people who think everything on the internet is true are......... I now think they have managed to gravitate to one place to make it easier for the WUM's to find them. Perhaps someone should test this theory by trying out a few of the more outlandish urban myths or conspiracy theories on gaschat and see what they eat up as fact? Now that would be quite exciting.

To be honest we've got more active members on our Bristol Rovers Appreciation Facebook Page / Group .. Gaschat isn't really the one to get the true feelings of the majority of GasHeads ..  I'm glad they amuse you though .. It's going to pour down later so keep dry

• Admin
On 17 May 2016 at 12:10, Big C said:

may have misread you but to clarify Barcelona isn't a one team city.

If you were promoting your business and wanted to take clients and potential clients to a sporting occasion in Bristol, I wonder what sort of impression you'd make taking them to ramshackle rovers and then next week your business rivals take the same clients to the newly refurbished AG, whether that be for football or rugby........  Tinpot would would spring to mind!!

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Coombsy said:
1986gas Avatar
Shoveller Avatar
You must have to write quick this week (DC signed within hours of publication).

Al Qadi & Hamer's business is going perfectly so far.
1. Absolve BRFC of Wongadministraion. Tick.
2. Exctracate the club from embarrasing and expensive litigation. Tick.
3. Leave DC alone to try to get another promotion. Tick.
4. Offer DC all he's worth and convince him to sign. Tick.

5. Sign the existing and new players DC needs for the 3rd Division.
6. Youth development, training ground, stadium, etc.

But, but, but they don't have as much money as some have said they have, they only own one an investment bank various hotels and run HSBC in Jordan, it's all a cover up they are skint, and why isn't the stadium being built yet?

There is little more as irritating at some so called Rovers fans who have sat back and allowed the previous chairman to run the club into the ground without challenge, and then nit pick at every opportunity to discredit the best thing that has happened to the club in its history.

Tick

Read more: http://gasheads.org/thread/5242/waels-real-job-starts#ixzz4AAZIIPhC

"run HSBC in Jordan" - pmsl!

A friend of mine runs one of the big banks as regional manager for Somerset/Dorset - almost certainly handling more cash than the entire of Jordan. She drives a 12-reg Focus.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Doubt they'll be many higher at L1 level to be fair.

Then again, it's not even close to 14k  :whistle:

I think 6k is really , very , very good for any 3rd division side. Your season ticket sales have been consistently outstanding for while now, I know you used to do it by offering really cheap kids seats, is that still the case, or are your sales mainly adult tickets? If they are adult tickets, it really would seem to justify initially selling kids tickets so cheaply, and every club should consider doing it.

32 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

I think 6k is really , very , very good for any 3rd division side. Your season ticket sales have been consistently outstanding for while now, I know you used to do it by offering really cheap kids seats, is that still the case, or are your sales mainly adult tickets? If they are adult tickets, it really would seem to justify initially selling kids tickets so cheaply, and every club should consider doing it.

We have very good rates for young adults. I've paid roughly £135 for my season ticket, central block in the South Stand and near the back, and that's including an extra £20 for the first priority for away and cup games.

if I hadn't paid the extra £20 it would have worked out at £5 a game for a 21 year old, and even with the £20 it's under £6 a game

Edited by City169

29 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

About 10-12 years ago we were, from memory, selling about 8-10k season tickets in L1 so you're not all that far off that. But of course that was a while ago and our season ticket sales haven't dipped below 11k for many years - probably since 2006.

6k is very good when you consider your ground is a dump and prices are hardly cheap, then again it's 6k after back-to back-promotions and a new owner with promised riches so optimism can't have been higher amongst your fanbase in 15 years.  You'll probably be in the top 6 average attendances in League One next season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, City169 said:

We have very good rates for young adults. I've paid roughly £135 for my season ticket, central block in the South Stand and near the back, and that's including an extra £20 for the first priority for away and cup games.

if I hadn't paid the extra £20 it would have worked out at £5 a game for a 21 year old, and even with the £20 it's under £6 a game

That is outstanding value, I assume City have done their maths and can make it pay, I think Bradford struggled when they sold loads of season tickets at £100, and it is a fine balance for clubs to pitch it right.

Edited by Miahdennehy

4 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

That is outstanding value, I assume City have done their maths and can make it pay, I think Bradford struggled when they sold loads of season tickets at £100, and it is a fine balance for clubs to pitch it right.

BTW, it goes without saying that if we sold season tickets as cheaply as you , we would have sold around 20,000 :)

Never too late to come and join us!

Edited by Super

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

About 10-12 years ago we were, from memory, selling about 8-10k season tickets in L1 so you're not all that far off that. But of course that was a while ago and our season ticket sales haven't dipped below 11k for many years - probably since 2006.

6k is very good when you consider your ground is a dump and prices are hardly cheap, then again it's 6k after back-to back-promotions and a new owner with promised riches so optimism can't have been higher amongst your fanbase in 15 years.  You'll probably be in the top 6 average attendances in League One next season.

Yes, if we sold them as cheaply as you we would have sold around 20,000 :)

5 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

The full adult price is well over double in the south stand, though I'm now using the current rates to work that out, and I bought during early bird sales. So it seems like the adult prices throughout the ground (which match many other championship club prices) subsidise the young adult, and child prices (£99 for under 19 and £50 for under 12, regardless what stand. Under 12 tickets come with a free replica shirt.)

It doesn't say which club the replica shirt is from, I'd like to think it's ours, but knowing what City are like it could be anyone.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, City169 said:

The full adult price is well over double in the south stand, though I'm now using the current rates to work that out, and I bought during early bird sales. So it seems like the adult prices throughout the ground (which match many other championship club prices) subsidise the young adult, and child prices (£99 for under 19 and £50 for under 12, regardless what stand. Under 12 tickets come with a free replica shirt.)

It doesn't say which club the replica shirt is from, I'd like to think it's ours, but knowing what City are like it could be anyone.

SS works out at about 16 quid a game which is pretty good for championship football compared to other clubs

7 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Yep fair play. . We got a long way to go yet .. find our feet in L1 and mid table will do nicely 

Sure your owner will be expecting far more than that. If you are struggling at xmas Dopey will be gone.