IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 1 June 2016 at 23:37, bert tann said:

Bl**dy hell ... Ken ?

Peter%20Wight.jpg

Ken%20Wagstaff_1.jpg

He was a great player for Hull. At 73 he's obviously too old for City, but I'm sure he could still get into the Rovers team.  

• Like 3

Meanwhile, over on the AssShat message board, people are getting very excited at being a feeder club for Chelsea.

Nothing confirmed yet, but apparently Wally has a bank, and with Roman having money there is an obvious synergy.... Seriously. 

Expect them to start the season with 11 full European internationals all at zero expense. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Meanwhile, over on the AssShat message board, people are getting very excited at being a feeder club for Chelsea.

Nothing confirmed yet, but apparently Wally has a bank, and with Roman having money there is an obvious synergy.... Seriously. 

Expect them to start the season with 11 full European internationals all at zero expense. 

A feeder club? What are they feeding exactly? Pasties?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I saw that thread, apparently Wally is still classed as a billionaire.

5 hours ago, pongo88 said:

He was a great player for Hull. At 73 he's obviously too old for City, but I'm sure he could still get into the Rovers team.  

Remember him scoring a hat trick at the Gate in a 3-3 draw circa 66/7  !

(as did Albert McCann in another 3-3er at home...Gibbo's worst ever game for the City)

Edited by slartibartfast

47 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Remember him scoring a hat trick at the Gate in a 3-3 draw circa 66/7  !

(as did Albert McCann in another 3-3er at home...Gibbo's worst ever game for the City)

Wow Albert Mcann a great player.

Pompey fans used to sing to the tune of the Move's hit single Curly.

Albert Mcann is wonderful man and he plays for Pompey town.

and we love him like no other can, Mcann, Mcann, Mcann.

and Wagstaff remember him really well, Hull had another great player back then Ken Houghton, they had a really good team in those days including another great player Chris Chilton.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Wow Albert Mcann a great player.

Pompey fans used to sing to the tune of the Move's hit single Curly.

Albert Mcann is wonderful man and he plays for Pompey town.

and we love him like no other can, Mcann, Mcann, Mcann.

and Wagstaff remember him really well, Hull had another great player back then Ken Houghton, they had a really good team in those days including another great player Chris Chilton.

Cost them 60 k apiece, unheard of in those days !

What's the difference between a player from a feeder club and a loaned player ?  Has'nt the loan system finished, to comply with fifa regulations ? So,as there won't be any loans permitted next season, would'nt it also apply to so-called feeder club arrangements ? After all are'nt those players just loaned out also ? 

7 minutes ago, fatchers said:

What's the difference between a player from a feeder club and a loaned player ?  Has'nt the loan system finished, to comply with fifa regulations ? So,as there won't be any loans permitted next season, would'nt it also apply to so-called feeder club arrangements ? After all are'nt those players just loaned out also ? 

As far as im aware a yearly sum is paid to the feeder club and then players are sent there on loan for free by the parent club. As far as im aware thats it just, a better relationship between the two clubs. I think swindon have one with spurs and barnsley with united ! 

I thought only emergency loans were scrapped not loans during the tranfer windows.

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Monkeh said:

@Tomarse Tom any chance we can add a countdown on the front page showing how long its been since rovers finished above us in the league?

@Tomarse is there any chance you can ban this belter for life. I'm all for the other lot coming on and getting involved but this fool brings nothing to the table!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Danny P said:

@Tomarse is there any chance you can ban this belter for life. I'm all for the other lot coming on and getting involved but this fool brings nothing to the table!

Heaven forbid a Rovers/Pompey fan should take the p*ss on a thread taking the p*ss out of Rovers.

Didn't realise this thread was created for such intelligent debate about the gas. I must have misread the opening post. I do apologise.

Edited by Weezord
naughty swear words

11 minutes ago, Just Red said:

And how many seconds, minutes and hours has it been in total?

You'd need someone with more fingers and toes than the norm to work that out.

Sadly these people aren't famed for their mathematical ability, easy to spot though - just look for the blue and white quarters.