IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

19 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

So we are exactly the same with the exception of the stadium build and being a level higher (plus the other things he has failed to mention) :blink:

So basically we're not...

Got to love Gas logic

They probably watch the Snooker on BBC1 in their minds. Well, it's almost BBC2.

1 hour ago, pommers1965 said:

This beauty was posted on gaschat earlier....

I honestly believe we are now on the same level again as City apart from them having a new stadium built and playing one level above us for one more season.Remember,just over a year ago they were just leaving the div we are 're- entering, yet them across the river always act as if they are Man Utd and we are Stockport! The "gap" that they have gone on about is down to us failing to move forward as a club rather than there growth.

However Bristol Rovers FC is now a very different beast to the one that failed for so many years...We have the best set of players I can remember,our best ever manager in charge and a very rich... however very humble,very ambitious new set of owners that want to take us to the stars.

I will be AMAZED if in 5 years time we are not playing in a new stadium in front of our largest consistent crowds ever being at least top half championship club.If City can be at that level in 5 years time,or even above that then fair play to them,but for the first time ever we as a football club can aim as high as we desire and need to focus purely on ourselfs.

Probally one of the most deluded posts I have ever read.  Amazing 

23 minutes ago, glynriley said:

So we've got a ground over twice the size of theirs and we play a division higher, but they're on the same level? There's your gaslogic at it's finest!

Applying the same criteria, we're on the same level as Arsenal....:blink:

Correct, Glyn! Arsenal have red seats in a stadium just like us, so therefore, apart from their squad choc-full of top class international footballers; their Premier League status and competing in the Champions League, we are on EXACTLY the same level as them.

*This message has been sent from my gaslogic device*

• Like 8

By applying the same gaslogic Iceland are on EXACTLY the same par as Germany because they have qualified for the Euros. Or Primark are on a par with Harvey Nicks because there on basically the same street. Unbelievable...that lot can hardly muster decent banter always the same crap about sister humping, 6 fingers and smelling of poo...woowh! How original. At least the majority of this thread is mainly entertainingly original.

#moregiftstocome

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I think we should have a 15er of the year award at the end of 2016.

We all vote for the most deluded quote from an asshead found this year; and award the "winner" (loser) a prize.

Perhaps a photo of a car park as 1st prize ?

Or a photo of a field that MAY be used as a car park at some indeterminate time in the future.

3 minutes ago, Philgas said:

I wouldn't say deluded .. We as fans have a right to dream. . and at the moment we have a right to dream. . Mock all you want we don't care 

There is dreaming, then there is delusion, if an Oxford fan said they would be above Newcastle next season, they would be called deluded...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

There is dreaming, then there is delusion, if an Oxford fan said they would be above Newcastle next season, they would be called deluded...

Makes no difference to me at all .. perhaps we'll be brought down to earth next season who knows .. that's the beautiful game for you 

37 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

I think we should have a 15er of the year award at the end of 2016.

We all vote for the most deluded quote from an asshead found this year; and award the "winner" (loser) a prize.

Perhaps a photo of a car park as 1st prize ?

Good idea, but there would be too many contenders. It would be impossible to produce a short list, just a very long list 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pommers1965 said:

I honestly believe we are now on the same level again as City apart from them having a new stadium built and playing one level above us for one more season.Remember,just over a year ago they were just leaving the div we are 're- entering, yet them across the river always act as if they are Man Utd and we are Stockport! The "gap" that they have gone on about is down to us failing to move forward as a club rather than there growth.

However Bristol Rovers FC is now a very different beast to the one that failed for so many years...We have the best set of players I can remember,our best ever manager in charge and a very rich... however very humble,very ambitious new set of owners that want to take us to the stars.

I will be AMAZED if in 5 years time we are not playing in a new stadium in front of our largest consistent crowds ever being at least top half championship club.If City can be at that level in 5 years time,or even above that then fair play to them,but for the first time ever we as a football club can aim as high as we desire and need to focus purely on ourselfs.

I think this was from icegas, who I previously (wrongly) suggested had just joined gaschat as one of you lot on there to stir things up.

Now I'm wondering about him again.

The views expressed in that post are not necessarily representative of the views of all fans of the up and coming club north of the river.

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

A majority of you do care.

And I love it 

Glad you love it .. it's also great for me to catchup on BRFC news on here .. and of course I care a bit as you were only in this league not that long ago,I miss our derbies .. We all have mates and family of the other team and keeping it real we all care a bit don't you think ?

27 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I think this was from icegas, who I previously (wrongly) suggested had just joined gaschat as one of you lot on there to stir things up.

Now I'm wondering about him again.

The views expressed in that post are not necessarily representative of the views of all fans of the up and coming club north of the river.

If it uses advanced level 'Gaslogic'

Thinks like a Gashead...

Sounds like a Gashead...

.....Its a Gashead

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

12 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Glad you love it .. it's also great for me to catchup on BRFC news on here .. and of course I care a bit as you were only in this league not that long ago,I miss our derbies .. We all have mates and family of the other team and keeping it real we all care a bit don't you think ?

Just as a matter of interest, we're only about 3 weeks away from the start of preseason training.  I believe you have 14 players out of contract, all of which were offered renewals, only one of which has resigned.    Are people on your side of the divide not starting to get twitchy?.  And if not, why not?

3 minutes ago, Malago said:

Just as a matter of interest, we're only about 3 weeks away from the start of preseason training.  I believe you have 14 players out of contract, all of which were offered renewals, only one of which has resigned.    Are people on your side of the divide not starting to get twitchy?.  And if not, why not?

Because in DC we trust .. that's my answer 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Are you (realistically) expecting Wally to allow DC to spend some money before the seasons starts, or do you think he'll make do and mend with loans?

That's a tough one .. I do think they'll work together on this though. . It's gonna be interesting watching how things develop over the next few weeks etc .. to be honest none of us have a clue on how things are gonna pan out 

5 hours ago, pommers1965 said:

I honestly believe we are now on the same level again as City apart from them having a new stadium built and playing one level above us for one more season.Reme

mber,just over a year ago they were just leaving the div we are 're- entering, yet them across the river always act as if they are Man Utd and we are Stockport! The "gap" that they have gone on about is down to us failing to move forward as a club rather than there growth.

I have to agree, I remember the heedy days when our club describes hitting 5000 season tickets sales as a "massive achievement".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

I have to agree, I remember the heedy days when our club describes hitting 5000 season tickets sales as a "massive achievement".

For us in "real terms" is good .. it's an improvement and thats moving forward. . May not be massive to you but it is to us 

10 hours ago, pommers1965 said:

To be fair I think we are on the same level as Arsenal. Apart from them having a bigger stadium, better players, playing in a higher division, playing in the Champions league, having a lot more money, having a larger wage cap, and a few more minor things like the ones already listed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, City169 said:

To be fair I think we are on the same level as Arsenal. Apart from them having a bigger stadium, better players, playing in a higher division, playing in the Champions league, having a lot more money, having a larger wage cap, and a few more minor things like the ones already listed.

Oh no this thread is going to turn into Life of Bryan quotes I can feel it!!!

• Like 2