IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

54 minutes ago, roylegalatyeo said:

Well with the worlds greatest club side underperforming at non league level .Maybe fans  had a  point.

Biggest laugh of that season was losing at Altricham 2_0,when Molly Mildenhall kicked the goal post when they went 2 down!On You tube comedy classic.

But we got back up after a bad start .. seemed like everything was going wrong but then the tide began to turn 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well some of their 'fans' boarded the team bus after an away game at Alfreton and confronted the players - so that might count!  

It did because we were losing our Rovers. . They fought back and played for the shirt. . Doesn't excuse that behaviour but fans were angry .. we went from strength to strength after

9 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Thing is philgas, you sound as if you're burying your head in the sand same as the rest. For a start, if the UWE was being built why is he spending money on the mem ?  Even if it's just a few thousand why bother if the new ground was going to be built within the next 3-4 years it doesn't make sense. It was well known yer old mate piggsy was out in the Middle East with his begging bowl and managed to hoodwink wally the camel fiddler. He's got his money back and is probably counting it in Italy as we speak . Meanwhile wallys telling you all he'll build from the bottom up and take his time because he just hasn't got the money. 

And there you have it in a nutshell folks , bang on 

OK , lets be fair and (ignoring facts) just assume that the man is a Billionaire, in which case ......

Spending money on the Rugby ground isn't an issue (£15k watch don't you know) , as it's only a poxy few of thousand.

The statement about allowing the club to grow organically and not throwing money at the project is to do with sustainability and not his lack of billions.

The thing I don't get. The deal with the UWE was originally done as (I assume), thegAss didn't have the funds for a site AND for the build. The joint venture would make sense , all be it with reduced revenue in comparison to a sole venture. This is where I wonder about the set up , the new ground would have loans against the build (£40m?) and they would be paying rent or at least surrendering part of the revenue to the UWE. Is it just me or do other smell a hint of the Glaziers/Man Yoo takeover and funding here. I could be wrong, and I'm no expert but for an experienced business man it just seems a little off.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

OK , lets be fair and (ignoring facts) just assume that the man is a Billionaire, in which case ......

Spending money on the Rugby ground isn't an issue (£15k watch don't you know) , as it's only a poxy few of thousand.

The statement about allowing the club to grow organically and not throwing money at the project is to do with sustainability and not his lack of billions.

The thing I don't get. The deal with the UWE was originally done as (I assume), thegAss didn't have the funds for a site AND for the build. The joint venture would make sense , all be it with reduced revenue in comparison to a sole venture. This is where I wonder about the set up , the new ground would have loans against the build (£40m?) and they would be paying rent or at least surrendering part of the revenue to the UWE. Is it just me or do other smell a hint of the Glaziers/Man Yoo takeover and funding here. I could be wrong, and I'm no expert but for an experienced business man it just seems a little off.

Very confusing but there ya go .. time will tell 

3 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

My bad i forgot they are the 6th richest club but only in England, so just after United, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool, apologies

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

My bad i forgot they are the 6th richest club but only in England, so just after United, Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool, apologies

they were saying they were as rich as man city so they should be there, I can see them

So we've signed a couple of internationals and a couple of players from Premiership clubs. They've signed a striker with 2 goals in 2 years and a couple of free transfers from Plymouth and Port Vale. I cant keep up, have they caught us yet?

11 hours ago, Philgas said:

Very confusing but there ya go .. time will tell 

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

******* hell, how many more inane, pointless posts are you going to make on another club's forum?

I wish he would post on another club's forum.  One of the Rover's ones would be a start! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chalkie said:

I wish he would post on another club's forum.  One of the Rover's ones would be a start! 

we would post on their forum but we get banned after 5 minutes, Rovers are like that annoying little brother that you just want to punch in the face

• Like 1

Phil, are you on this thread in an attempt to kill it off by sending us all to sleep?

The impression is you reply on here while rousing briefly between numerous naps and then immediately nod off again.

No doubt you're a nice, inoffensive chap as far as gasheads go, but by God you've got a soporific posting style.  :sleeping:

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Phil, are you on this thread in an attempt to kill it off by sending us all to sleep?

The impression is you reply on here while rousing briefly between numerous naps and then immediately nod off again.

No doubt you're a nice, inoffensive chap as far as gasheads go, but by God you've got a soporific posting style.  :sleeping:

he's only trying to get up the number of posts/pages so he can go back to their forum and state that we are obsessed and that they're coming for us and will over take us this time next season 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

Just click on the + next to Quote for each post you want to respond to...

59 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

16 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he's only trying to get up the number of posts/pages so he can go back to their forum and state that we are obsessed and that they're coming for us and will over take us this time next season 

Trying now for 3 quotes ... if it doesn't work then tough .. this is a trial post quoting 3 people .. drum roll ............ FIRE ... !!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Trying now for 3 quotes ... if it doesn't work then tough .. this is a trial post quoting 3 people .. drum roll ............ FIRE ... !!

Get you with your internet savvy and techy wizardry :clapping:

• Like 1