IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, City169 said:

Pretty sure the "knocking" is taking the piss out of them bigging up their support (once again) to numbers that just aren't true. Like the tweet saying they'd have taken 8000

Yup delusions of grandeur from those lot again. If they didn't keep banging on about being the worlds best fans then we wouldnt be slating them as much.

Some of our fans must have short memories on how the sags were utterly obsessed with us during our last championship stint and again when they got relegated to non league. Relegation parties and the several threads dedicated to us (before we had the rovers thread).

Just the way rivalry is!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yup delusions of grandeur from those lot again. If they didn't keep banging on about being the worlds best fans then we wouldnt be slating them as much.

Some of our fans must have short memories on how the sags were utterly obsessed with us during our last championship stint and again when they got relegated to non league. Relegation parties and the several threads dedicated to us (before we had the rovers thread).

Just the way rivalry is!

Yep and long live the rivalry 

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Just the way rivalry is!

Plenty of those relegation party pages on facebook, I'm sure the balloons are collecting dust and the ice cream melted long ago...

44 minutes ago, Philgas said:

Definitely not slowly sobbing away. . As I say .. most of us are happy we're still allowed to stand at matches and the pisser is shite .. love it ...

I'm surprised you lot are allowed out of the asylum on any given day. Deluded bunch of tossers with a cluster-**** of a mentality rounded off with with a smorgasboard of chip-on-shoulder envy with a deft sprinkling of fifth-rate inferiority.

There's a forum for your views and... surprisingly... it isn't this one.

Now, do us all a favour and FTFO. Oh, and when you get there, FO again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Philgas said:

Definitely not slowly sobbing away. . As I say .. most of us are happy we're still allowed to stand at matches and the pisser is shite .. love it ...

You know what,  times change. I loved standing on the East End for many years,  but now I love our new stadium far far more. Ok there may not be the packed in like sardines feel but all the new facilities on other make up for that and some. Would I swap it all if given the choice? Would I ****!! Your only saying you love it because that's all you have got and all you will ever likely have. 

3 minutes ago, Just Red said:

You know what,  times change. I loved standing on the East End for many years,  but now I love our new stadium far far more. Ok there may not be the packed in like sardines feel but all the new facilities on other make up for that and some. Would I swap it all if given the choice? Would I ****!! Your only saying you love it because that's all you have got and all you will ever likely have. 

I think he's got a point.. Kind of.. Overall I like the redevelopment and it was needed. AG doesn't have the same feel though, imo the atmosphere is worse and the south stand is a poor replacement for the EE. Hoping it'll all come together eventually but there are aspects of the old AG that I miss.

1 hour ago, oldrosie said:

I was there in the days of Gibson Ford Briggs etc .. and would rather see Blue & White Quarters in this city than kids (yours?) wearing Manure or Barca or other global brands.  I suspect if the other half had a 25000 ground it would fill up on a couple of games each season  just like ours will Newcastle and Villa .. 

Really? When was the last time your mob had a 15,000 plus home gate even when you had the capacity. With the exception of the 1950s for a few seasons City have always commanded a much bigger support home and away. To suggest otherwise is simply arguing against all the available evidence.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think he's got a point.. Kind of.. Overall I like the redevelopment and it was needed. AG doesn't have the same feel though, imo the atmosphere is worse and the south stand is a poor replacement for the EE. Hoping it'll all come together eventually but there are aspects of the old AG that I miss.

Right now I feel Ashton Gate isn't really home because as you say it feels different. That will change in time as we all become familiar with it. I'm still checking I'm entering the right bogs until it becomes a habit which it will do.  

I'd respectfully go against you with regards to atmosphere. The jury is still out as we've not even had one game with a fully open stadium. The old EE was great(to those in there) outside of it you could hardly hear a thing as it trapped the sound in. Ashton Gate always has supporters inside ready to create a noise when the action excites. 

Against Wigan the atmosphere was really good. For what must be the first time ever all the stands now sing together at the same time. From my seat in the SS I can clearly hear all of the other stands sing and then it catches on into the other stands. 

I honestly think with the amphitheatre style of Ashton Gate now we are soon to have some memorable atmospheres. 

Aga

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Right now I feel Ashton Gate isn't really home because as you say it feels different. That will change in time as we all become familiar with it. I'm still checking I'm entering the right bogs until it becomes a habit which it will do.  

I'd respectfully go against you with regards to atmosphere. The jury is still out as we've not even had one game with a fully open stadium. The old EE was great(to those in there) outside of it you could hardly hear a thing as it trapped the sound in. Ashton Gate always has supporters inside ready to create a noise when the action excites. 

Against Wigan the atmosphere was really good. For what must be the first time ever all the stands now sing together at the same time. From my seat in the SS I can clearly hear all of the other stands sing and then it catches on into the other stands. 

I honestly think with the amphitheatre style of Ashton Gate now we are soon to have some memorable atmospheres. 

Aga

And the last 20 minutes against Wigan I thought the atmosphere was good, the south stand got going and it was pretty loud

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oldrosie said:

"we easily beat them on home attendances"

Pretty obvious why ... but I suspect if you look at % of capacity they'd easily beat us ... 

6 hours ago, oldrosie said:

I was there in the days of Gibson Ford Briggs etc .. and would rather see Blue & White Quarters in this city than kids (yours?) wearing Manure or Barca or other global brands.  I suspect if the other half had a 25000 ground it would fill up on a couple of games each season  just like ours will Newcastle and Villa .. 

True gas logic there. Unless they are filling the ground every week (they aren't), then % capacity is irrelevant.

As a true comparison of support I always use our most recent Wembley visits as the barometer. For a game against Walsall in the paint pot trophy, we took over 40k. For arguably the most important game in Rovers history, Rovers took less than 30k.

No further questions your honour.

• Like 4

Just now, richwwtk said:

I'm not convinced we'd have taken 4,000. It wouldn't be such a big deal for us. I know I would have struggled to get excited about playing anyone's reserves in the second round of the league cup.

Of course we would've done, and more if we were offered more tickets. Tickets were well priced, we travel very well to London, we have lots of expats there and haven't had a game against one of the bigger sides for years, especially away.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, richwwtk said:

I'm not convinced we'd have taken 4,000. It wouldn't be such a big deal for us. I know I would have struggled to get excited about playing anyone's reserves in the second round of the league cup.

Dont agree with this. History says different we took that to coventry in the cup under johnson in league 1 didnt we ?

• Like 2

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Of course we would've done, and more if we were offered more tickets. Tickets were well priced, we travel very well to London, we have lots of expats there and haven't had a game against one of the bigger sides for years, especially away.

I hadn't realised the tickets were cheap. That may well have made a difference, but I believe my point remains valid that it really wouldn't have been a particularly big deal for us whereas for them it was a chance to 'play with the big boys'

4 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I hadn't realised the tickets were cheap. That may well have made a difference, but I believe my point remains valid that it really wouldn't have been a particularly big deal for us whereas for them it was a chance to 'play with the big boys'

I think it would have been. We've had terrible cup draws for years. Look at West Brom last year, not particularly exciting but we still sold out the away tie (although tickets were dirt cheap).

I would love us to draw one of Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/United later, especially away. Lots of people are bored of our systematically terrible draws and want a big team, failing that lets get one of the smaller teams left in and make a good go of the cup.

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 2

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it would have been. We've had terrible cup draws for years. Look at West Brom last year, not particularly exciting but we still sold out the away the (although tickets were dirt cheap).

I would love us to draw one of Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool/United later, especially away. Lots of people are bored of our systematically terrible draws and want a big team, failing that lets get one of the smaller teams left in and make a good go of the cup.

You may well be right. At least West Brom was the FA Cup, which actually means something before the semi-finals.

I would also love to draw one of the big sides later on, but at a point in the competition where it means something and we're not going to be patronised by them putting out a reserve side while we have a 'lovely day out'.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You may well be right. At least West Brom was the FA Cup, which actually means something before the semi-finals.

I would also love to draw one of the big sides later on, but at a point in the competition where it means something and we're not going to be patronised by them putting out a reserve side while we have a 'lovely day out'.

I wouldn't say the Chelsea team was reserves. World cup winners, £33 million strikers, a couple of youths who are in and around the first team yes but still very strong.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

For me the best atmospheres are at the games when there is some pressure to win, we play well, and the game is good.  Other than that it can often be flat, but 27k and the above conditions are right and it will be electric

Hartlepool...

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

I wouldn't say the Chelsea team was reserves. World cup winners, £33 million strikers, a couple of youths who are in and around the first team yes but still very strong.

7 changes from their last League match, same as us last night and I'm pretty sure you could say we more or less played our reserves. It certainly wasn't a full strength Chelsea side. Still plenty good enough to beat most teams but not full strength.