IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 minutes ago, cynic said:

Its very telling that the best that pikey can come up with is us reaching Wembley for a play off for the Premier League in front of 86,000.

Given all the gifts that ragass keep giving including todays little gem, its a bit stupid that they try to take the piss.

Homer Simpson comes to mind.

Doh !

I'm glad we lost that game. 

I'm not sure I could take the ribbing from our illustrious neighbours as we suffer defeats at Old Trafford, Emirates & Ethihad. 

I lose sleep at night over Lansdown's continuation of trying to get us there when it will be nothing but ridicule from the sags as they bask in the glory of achieving another point at home to the likes of Walsall & Rochdale. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, cynic said:

Its very telling that the best that pikey can come up with is us reaching Wembley for a play off for the Premier League in front of 86,000.

Given all the gifts that ragass keep giving including todays little gem, its a bit stupid that they try to take the piss.

Doh !

I resemble that remark.:facepalm:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Well you will get a new home which is the important thing - I am sure the club will have something in place, ownership, long lease or something in place to make it worthwhile, and as you said I am sure UWE will have contingencies in place in the contract as well. How much footballing excitement can one city take - onwards and upwards :yes:

Yes the new home is crucial but without the correct working capital and management structures in place it will all be wasted.

This latest UWE Freshers fair gaffe illustrates that Wael Al-Qadi was being completely honest when he told Geoff Twentyman about his new management structure. "Well Steve has replaced Nicholas and another Steve has replaced Toni and my mate Karim is meant to be developing business and then there is all the old staff". 

It doesn't make any sense unless all you want is a train set which you can watch go around and around and rely on your parents to keep paying for it. 

Which I think might be what Samir was trying to tell us and explains why he was edited out of the TV edition of the programme. 

Edited by bert tann
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Your biggest achievement is revelling in someone else's success at our expense. 

Oh dear..! 

I have never really understood what reaction they expect when they mention the name Dean Windass? Do they expect us to be embarrassed?  Angry? React with a 'bite' and lose our rag

OK....we lost. However the whole point of banter is taking the pi*s out of someone for something worthy of taking the pi*s out. That season was incredible and one we were very proud of.

Now....imagine dropping out the league altogether? 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I have never really understood what reaction they expect when they mention the name Dean Windass? Do they expect us to be embarrassed?  Angry? React with a 'bite' and lose our rag

OK....we lost. However the whole point of banter is taking the pi*s out of someone for something worthy of taking the pi*s out. That season was incredible and one we were very proud of.

Now....imagine dropping out the league altogether? 

Spot on. 

If only there was a description for such inanely crap "banter"

Something that summed up their deluded drivel in one word. With a hashtag attached, maybe...?

#gaslogic

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Great season, and minutes away from getting into the Premiership - happy days.... who knows this season could be a repeat performance, though hopefully we get to keep the cake this time... thanks for the link, brought back some fond memories.

Precisely. I am sure we all look back on that season with pride and with zero crying over spilt milk; just immense pride.

It was a fantastic year for us and one of the most enjoyable seasons certainly I've witnessed, probably even more so than the League One championship season. 

Now, when I see *that* goal my heart does not sink. Indeed, almost immediately to my mind are the Palace playoffs which were, without  doubt, the best 210 minutes of football I've had the pleasure of watching from the stands.

So please, I invite Weezord, keep bringing this video up. I'm over that day and I don't reminisce of that game, I reminisce of the best season I have ever enjoyed with the club when we surpassed all expectations. 

41 minutes ago, cynic said:

Doh !

Yes, some times you just have to suck it in and keep your head down.......unfortunately/fortunately it's too much for our dear little sags to comprehend and in their futile attempts to take the piss end up giving us even more ammunition.

The gift.

Whoever thought that was a good idea is in the wrong job, no amount of positive spin could save this. Shockingly, embarrassingly bad. No representation at the Freshers event would have been better than this shambles. They have done more damage than good here.

And isn't it just great!!!:bounce:

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Amazingly on Gaschat there are the odd few using phrases like 'forward thinking' for this stall??  Some on there are happy because it was no worse than the other stalls, which sums up expectations really

What, like they are "no worse" than the rest of the clubs* in league one..?

* not including the 18 clubs currently above them* in aforementioned league one. 

*they have a game in hand, you know..! 

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

Yes the new home is crucial but without the correct working capital and management structures in place it will all be wasted.

This latest UWE Freshers fair gaffe illustrates that Wael Al-Qadi was being completely honest when he told Geoff Twentyman about his new management structure. "Well Steve has replaced Nicholas and another Steve has replaced Toni and my mate Karim is meant to be developing business and then there is all the old staff". 

It doesn't make any sense unless all you want is a train set which you can watch go around and around and rely on your parents to keep paying for it. 

Which I think might be what Samir was trying to tell us and explains why he was edited out of the TV edition of the programme. 

Some telling points there Bert, with the usual painfully verbose attempts to extract some humour through imaginary quotes.  So much time taken to compose. So little wit as a result.

Why though, as ever, do you choose to make them on this forum?

Others are available.

3 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

@Weezord @DancinDannyD  @st andrews gas @Smaller than a flea 

You're still coming for us right .? 

#TickTock  :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:Screenshot_20160916-125620.jpg

First rule of advertising - put your brand name at the forefront. From a back that looks like a Jumble sale with England England most prominent. Hard to even tell its Bristol rovers, mind you that could be deliberate given the fking state of it.  

I don't want to exhaust this great bit of humour.. but really.. what the **** is that stall? Like seriously, my 8 year old niece could tell me that that is nowhere near adequate for a 'professional' business. Genuinely gob smacked, HOW and WHO actually gave the green light to set this shambles up? And who on earth ok'd it to go onto their Twitter???? What an absolute joke, ran by morons, love it.:clapping:

Edited by Griffin

4 hours ago, Weezord said:

It's hilarious that you think posting that is some sort of dig at us.

That season saw us finish as high up in the football league pyramid (the entire pyramid!!) as the 15ers EVER have. In your entire history you have never exceeded our achievement that season.

We were 90 minutes away from Premier League football and lost 1-0 to a wonder goal. It hurt, of course it did, but it's not like it was a goal that sent us out of the entire Football League.

You're going to think you have got to me as I have written a long post, but I genuinely find it funny that 15ers use Windass as a way of mocking us. Good god, your lot would sacrifice every virgin in Horfield (that's just the blokes under the Mem tents then) to get even a sniff of a chance to play against Hull in the Championship play off final. 

• Like 2