IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, BS2 Red said:

It's hilarious that you think posting that is some sort of dig at us.

That season saw us finish as high up in the football league pyramid (the entire pyramid!!) as the 15ers EVER have. In your entire history you have never exceeded our achievement that season.

We were 90 minutes away from Premier League football and lost 1-0 to a wonder goal. It hurt, of course it did, but it's not like it was a goal that sent us out of the entire Football League.

You're going to think you have got to me as I have written a long post, but I genuinely find it funny that 15ers use Windass as a way of mocking us. Good god, your lot would sacrifice every virgin in Horfield (that's just the blokes under the Mem tents then) to get even a sniff of a chance to play against Hull in the Championship play off final. 

Absolutely. 

I can see why they idolise him like a god for denying us our progress to the Prem. I get that. 

But to think that reminding us of our achievements in getting to that position somehow upsets us shows just what morons they are and how far their priorities are detached from ours is quite pathetic. 

Colin Daniel however...! Now their is a god like figure who enables mockery of the highest order on our part and shame & embarresment on theirs. 

26 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Some telling points there Bert, with the usual painfully verbose attempts to extract some humour through imaginary quotes.  So much time taken to compose. So little wit as a result.

Why though, as ever, do you choose to make them on this forum?

Others are available.

Sorry , but I can't see any attempt to extract humour in that post. Just exasperation. Strangely, Bert gets a fair bit of sympathy on this site, because he clearly cares and feels hurt by the repeated and continuous embarrasment delivered by the club he supports. What are these other like-minded websites where you feel Bert will get a sympathetic arm around his shoulder?

6 minutes ago, 054123 said:

For the first time ever I actually almost felt sorry for them. 

That's so bad. I run a relatively small company and it doesn't cost a lot to get a professional stand put together.

Are they hard up or something?

They're the sixth richest club in the country!! I think this is some sort of attempt to show how unpretentious and loveable they are. Some of the more droll students might just go for it in an ironic sort of way, like watching films that are so bad that they're brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

They're the sixth richest club in the country!! I think this is some sort of attempt to show how unpretentious and loveable they are. Some of the more droll students might just go for it in an ironic sort of way, like watching films that are so bad that they're brilliant.

I get it, 'you can support us, were just like you" kind of thing. How clever.

That may also explain Santa's Grothole

12 minutes ago, Southstandoriginal said:

I know UWE is the far inferior Bristol uni, compared to Bristol university, but it's hardly the "Florence Brown" of universities, or the "Bristol Rovers" of football clubs if you like..! 

Guys, this will sound a bit far fetched, but could you possibly imagine if City were relegated to non-league, but not only that, they were only in the relegation zone 70 minutes all season and lost on the finl day at home to a team who forgot their kitn and stopped for chips at a motorway services on the way down?

Just imagine the embarrassment of losing to a side in your own kit, in a game where you hit the woodwork multiple times and the opponents barely get any shots.

I know no football team is tin-pot enough for that to happen, but just imagine how embarrassing that would be.

For me it would be worse than the Thatcher years.

Edited by JamesBCFC
  • Like 7

34 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Sorry , but I can't see any attempt to extract humour in that post. Just exasperation. Strangely, Bert gets a fair bit of sympathy on this site, because he clearly cares and feels hurt by the repeated and continuous embarrasment delivered by the club he supports. What are these other like-minded websites where you feel Bert will get a sympathetic arm around his shoulder?

Thanks, you called it right.

The quotes in my post are directly from the Wael Al-Qadi interview with Geoff Twentyman in which he confirmed that since his take over no new business management structure has been put in place.

And in the same broadcast his friend Samir said that many in Jordan had thought the Rovers take over was a rich boy getting a new toy to play with. No wonder that piece was taken out for the TV edition.

My quest to get serious points across through parodying Rovers is becoming increasingly difficult because the reality is so often funnier than anything which I can write.  

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, bert tann said:

Thanks, you called it right.

The quotes in my post are directly from the Wael Al-Qadi interview with Geoff Twentyman in which he confirmed that since his take over no new business management structure has been put in place.

And in the same broadcast his friend Samir said that many in Jordan had thought the Rovers take over was a rich boy getting a new toy to play with. No wonder that piece was taken out for the TV edition.

My quest to get serious points across through parodying Rovers is becoming increasingly difficult because the reality is so often funnier than anything which I can write.  

Serious question.... Is this only just dawning on you..? 

Were the majority of "sh'eds" actually right all along...? 

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

Great season, and minutes away from getting into the Premiership - happy days.... who knows this season could be a repeat performance, though hopefully we get to keep the cake this time... thanks for the link, brought back some fond memories.

I love how the 15 ers think this really hurts us , losing to Brighton was loads worse because we were expected to get promoted. 

We were no where near ready in 08 , not that you get too choose mind. 

I know a lot of 15ers coming from where I do and I know for a fact they are massively obsessed with our results. The reaction to us losing to Wednesday on social media says it all . They can only dream of playing Wednesday . 

13 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Some telling points there Bert, with the usual painfully verbose attempts to extract some humour through imaginary quotes.  So much time taken to compose. So little wit as a result.

Why though, as ever, do you choose to make them on this forum?

Others are available.

In all fairness your forums are full or clones, Bert would just be arguing all the time, get accused of being a City supporter and then banned... followed by lots of congratulations to the mods for banning him. Your forums pretty much have to tow the party line, stay with cloned talking points, and not rock the boat to much.... it's almost fascist like - but hey, that's how you keep people happy, create a illusion, a story, repeat it, make the fiction a perceived reality and stop as much outside influence as possible... North Korea could learn from you.

Edited by Fiale
  • Like 12

11 hours ago, Fiale said:

In all fairness your forums are full or clones, Bert would just be arguing all the time, get accused of being a City supporter and then banned... followed by lots of congratulations to the mods for banning him. Your forums pretty much have to tow the party line, stay with cloned talking points, and not rock the boat to much.... it's almost fascist like - but hey, that's how you keep people happy, create a illusion, a story, repeat it, make the fiction a perceived reality and stop as much outside influence as possible... North Korea could learn from you.

Actually there are several posters on both Rovers forums who take a cynical/pessimistic view of our new owners. These people aren't banned, but they do face a barrage of criticism, as you would expect. They would get the same on here, if they were City fans who consistently criticised the club.  That's to be expected.

I'm talking about a relentless and bizarre campaign to criticise everything Rovers do nowadays, all expressed on your forum.  No praise for promotions, no praise for a good manager, no praise for a good striker.  Just negativity.  And all this from a Rovers fan. Please.....

As I've said before, if the alter ego of Bert (let's call him Fred (Ford)), existed on Gaschat, those on here who read his bile would be seriously critical of him for a) his total negativity and b) his cowardly decision to only post on a rival forum.

He is not a fan of Bristol Rovers. He is either a fake or disturbed.

I'm not letting him off.

59 minutes ago, Smaller than a flea said:

Actually there are several posters on both Rovers forums who take a cynical/pessimistic view of our new owners. These people aren't banned, but they do face a barrage of criticism, as you would expect. They would get the same on here, if they were City fans who consistently criticised the club.  That's to be expected.

I'm talking about a relentless and bizarre campaign to criticise everything Rovers do nowadays, all expressed on your forum.  No praise for promotions, no praise for a good manager, no praise for a good striker.  Just negativity.  And all this from a Rovers fan. Please.....

As I've said before, if the alter ego of Bert (let's call him Fred (Ford)), existed on Gaschat, those on here who read his bile would be seriously critical of him for a) his total negativity and b) his cowardly decision to only post on a rival forum.

I'm not letting him off.

Oh dear, I bet he's really upset about that!

3 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I'm not letting him off.

At least he`s amusing, unlike you, w a n k e r

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I'm talking about a relentless and bizarre campaign to criticise everything Rovers do nowadays, all expressed on your forum.  No praise for promotions, no praise for a good manager, no praise for a good striker.  Just negativity.  And all this from a Rovers fan. Please.

I know,superb work from @bert tann what a star, keep up the good work bert,you got em rattled.:laughcont:

9 hours ago, Smaller than a flea said:

I'm not letting him off.

Newsflash..no one gives a shit what you think. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I see rovers continue to be the most liked club, by singing "is there a fire drill" to Bradford fans

good taste that, asshats

They did exactly the same thing a few years ago. To be fair there were other Gasheads who said they were appalled by it that time as well.

Like last time some are saying it's an innocent chant "they didn't mean anything bad by it" because the blokes singing it were probably young and didn't know....which of course is bullshit, especially in this day and age of social media when people post videos on Facebook of the incident every year on the anniversary. 

Inside their tiny peanut brains they'll still claim that everyone adores them as some kind of national treasure. 

• Like 3