IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

34 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

I'm gonna stick me neck out and reckon there last biggest crowd was against Tottenham 78

Under 18000 for that one

sub 20k for Manchester Utd in 1975

just over 20k for Villa's visit in 1971 so I think my hunch was correct, and the crowd was 75% Villa

Edited by SalisburyRed

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

9800 was the attendance against us on the 3rd May 1990.

Hate to be pedantic but it was the 2nd May - only pointed it out because it's the only time I've walked out of a game before the end, I just could not take anymore that night.

But what was hilarious a few years later, they were relegated by their old mates Wycombe Wanderers on the 2nd May so had to change the title of their fanzine which was named after that date!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Really don't see the point in comparing historical attendances from 40 years ago.

Unemployment was in the millions, grounds were far from comfortable environments and pre Euro96, there was very little marketing going on, that tournament reignited the Idea of watching live football for a lot of people.

The question was when the horse abusers last had a 20k plus gate for a league game that wasn't against us. The answer is about 45 years ago. I agree with your point about the differences between now and then but this appears to be the answer to the exam question. I feel very smug as I had a feeling it was as far back as when Villa were in division 3.

10 hours ago, myol'man said:
16 April 1976 Second Division Rovers 0–0 City 26,430

Last time they had over 20,000 for a home league match.

Oh, and who were the opposition?

If I remember rightly, we had over 12,000 on the Muller Road end that day :chant6ez:Alan Dicks red 'n white army

The last time Rovers had  over 20,000 for a home league match was 27.12.1976 against Wolves.

Why are they so obsessed with attendances and their away following? They are almost as obsessed about it as they are about us.....Oh yeah, now I remember it is because they recently found out that Wally isn't as rich as Steve and they have been left to look like the gift that just can't help giving AGAIN ......

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::laughcont:

IMG_0160.JPG

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Why are they so obsessed with attendances and their away following? They are almost as obsessed about it as they are about us.....Oh yeah, now I remember it is because they recently found out that Wally isn't as rich as Steve and they have been left to look like the gift that just can't help giving AGAIN ......

IMG_0160.JPG

Despite being a league team for 2 seasons 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_0160.JPG

:facepalm:

Ok, let's have a look at the facts then...

1) Swindon Town were formed before the Gas. 

2) Wally and his family are no where near as wealthy as SL.

3) They haven't averaged over 10k at home for 4 decades, they play in a small ground (that they never fill) in front of tents for stands. They've never even played top flight football.

So no, none of those claims in the picture are 'official' in the slightest. Some of their fans really don't help themselves and its no wonder everyone laughs at them....deluded idiots.

The gift.

image.jpeg

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 12

6 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

3) They haven't averaged over 10k at home for 4 decades, they play in a small ground (that they never fill) in front of tents for stands. They've never even played top flight football.

So no, none of those claims in the picture are 'official' in the slightest. Some of their fans really don't help themselves, no wonder everyone laughs at them....the deluded idiots.

The gift.

image.jpeg

Yeah but yeah but you lot were only formed in 1982! So have it Dean Windass and Rickie Lambert, 2nd of May (Not 2001 when Wycombe sent us to the basement mind, the other one!) Holloway, Gerry Francis, obsessed Ted's!

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I'm glad you've given the facts. I was fooled by how professional that looked and the use of the word 'official'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Libertine1 said:

I'm glad you've given the facts. I was fooled by how professional that looked and the use of the word 'official'.

that was your first clue it wasn't authentic,

If it was produced by the club it would of been in crayon, did you not see the freshers fair stand?  

• Like 4