IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Seriously though when ever has playing the bottom sides guaranteed points? Often the opposite where we're concerned?

Of course it doesn't guarantee anything. But it doesn't sound like an unreasonable suggestion that if you have games coming up against weaker opposition then it represents an opportunity to climb the table. Assessing our upcoming fixtures is something we do on this very forum all the time, and we all speculate about points returns based on the sides we are due to play.

Hardly worthy of being called a "gas idiot".

Edited by ChippenhamRed

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Of course it doesn't guarantee anything. But it doesn't sound like an unreasonable suggestion that if you have games coming up against weaker opposition then it represents an opportunity to climb the table. Assessing our upcoming fixtures is something we do on this very forum all the time, and we all speculate about points returns based on the sides we are due to play.

You must be the life and soul of the party.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Sounds like a reasonable analysis to me.

Where would they be without their numerous penalties, injury time winners and opposing players being sent off? Their luck is finally catching up with them, couldn't beat a woefully poor bottom four club MK over 2 games and the same against conference bound Crawley in the cup over 180 minutes, throw in the big defeats against Millwall and Charlton show that the wheels are starting to fall off, back to under 7000 for the next home game me thinks

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are you alright?

• Like 2

Wasn't going to admit this, but I was on the away terrace with my Charlton-supporting mate tonight. While I felt pretty ashamed to be setting foot in the Mem (probably my first and last time – might need a chemical bath), I can't describe how satisfying it was to watch the Gas get hammered 5-1. After a fairly strong start, they were absolutely dire for most of the game. Atmosphere was terrible, and those tent stands are laughably bad. Mind the gap!

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Paxton said:

Wasn't going to admit this, but I was on the away terrace with my Charlton-supporting mate tonight. While I felt pretty ashamed to be setting foot in the Mem (probably my first and last time – might need a chemical bath), I can't describe how satisfying it was to watch the Gas get hammered 5-1. After a fairly strong start, they were absolutely dire for most of the game. Atmosphere was terrible, and those tent stands are laughably bad. Mind the gap!

You've done it now rovers fans be all over this. Funny though i know 2 gas mates who been to the gate to watch the Newcastle and Brighton games.

Which reminds me that i saw a minibus of gas on the bridge for the PO final v Brighton.

Their atmosphere always was shit. They might wake up one day the losers.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

You've done it now rovers fans be all over this. Funny though i know 2 gas mates who been to the gate to watch the Newcastle and Brighton games.

Which reminds me that i saw a minibus of gas on the bridge for the PO final v Brighton.

Their atmosphere always was shit. They might wake up one day the losers.

Any idea of who the driver was?

• Like 14

8 hours ago, RedRaw said:

Somebody should have told the twerp to turn his radio down......heard them from cossham? What a load of b0ll0cks

Exactly,he can hear them from Fishponds,I can't hear them in Horfield,PATHALOGICAL LIARS.

Just watched the highlights and I can'tbelieve they had the cheek to laugh at our back up goalkeeper. 

Roos' positioning for the second goal was terrible, and God knows what he was up to for the 3rd and 5th goals. Charlton had clearly decided that all they had to do was get the ball somewhere near the goal.

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Just watched the highlights and I can'tbelieve they had the cheek to laugh at our back up goalkeeper. 

Roos' positioning for the second goal was terrible, and God knows what he was up to for the 3rd and 5th goals. Charlton had clearly decided that all they had to do was get the ball somewhere near the goal.

His 'starting position for a couple of the goals was so poor it may as well been in the changing rooms.....

15 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Hmmmm , watched it and even before I thought that the keeper makes ROD's shot stopping look like Gordon Banks, I did wonder how Charlton's  red clashed with their blue and forced a change ????

The gas summariser on RB said that both teams have different home and away shirts sponsors hence the reason why they routinely change strip.

Such an approach deprives football supporters up and down the country the opportunity to enjoy seeing the famous quarters, which hardly seems fair :noexp:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

So they're away at Chesterfield then on Saturday. Had a cracking time there in our promotion season, let's hope our Spireite friends, led by Agent Wilson, can continue to send them further down the league! 

If they don't get a result there, then there will be some disgruntlement in the land of Blue Few....

• Like 1

Hi All,

Long time lurker, but felt the need to share this.

I work at UWE, and we recently had an update to our 'Strategy 2020' which mentioned all the recent, and ongoing, building works. It didn't mention the UWE Stadium, so after a bit of digging I found this, it's are available to the public, so no insider knowledge or anything...........

Over the next decade, we will be landscaping and transforming the 70 acres next to the campus into a new UWE Stadium and car park. The future home of Bristol Rovers Football Club, the stadium will provide:..............

It may be ready for the 2026/27 season then?