IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

Also seems Taylor has a 2 year deal with Rovers with a release clause under £1 million.

Bristol Rovers respond to reports Matty Taylor is transfer window target for QPR and Cardiff City

By JamesMcNamara  |  Posted: November 23, 2016

6 COMMENTS   SHARES
Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor in action at Crawley earlier this season

Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor in action earlier this season

Comments (6)

Chairman Steve Hamer says that selling leading scorer Matty Taylor during the transfer window is the "last thing" Bristol Rovers are considering.

Newspaper reports have claimed this afternoon that four Championship clubs and Glasgow Rangers are preparing to engage in a 'January transfer war' for Taylor's signature.

Reports claim that Brighton, Cardiff City, QPR and Wolves are preparing to swoop for a player who, the writer claims, has a buy-out clause inserted in his contract that allows him to leave for less than £1million.

Read more: Bristol Rovers fans prove how faithful they are even when the going gets tough

Hamer was unwilling to discuss the terms of Taylor's contract, but he did say: "If there is a deal on the table that is good for the football club and good for the player then it is something you have to consider if and when that situation arises.

"But Matty has recently signed a new contract and selling him in the January window is the last thing on our minds at the moment."

Read more: Bristol Rovers boss Darrell Clarke reveals he has been given transfer window green light

Taylor signed a new and improved two-year deal with Rovers in the summer after holding talks with several clubs who were keen to secure his services at a time when he was a free agent.

The striker has continued his prolific run of form over the last two years into the current season in League One and scouts have been flocking to the Memorial Stadium to check on a man who has scored 15 goals in 22 games.

I'd sign him just to piss the gas off

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fiale said:

Also seems Taylor has a 2 year deal with Rovers with a release clause under £1 million.

Bristol Rovers respond to reports Matty Taylor is transfer window target for QPR and Cardiff City

By JamesMcNamara  |  Posted: November 23, 2016

6 COMMENTS   SHARES
Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor in action at Crawley earlier this season

Bristol Rovers striker Matty Taylor in action earlier this season

Comments (6)

Chairman Steve Hamer says that selling leading scorer Matty Taylor during the transfer window is the "last thing" Bristol Rovers are considering.

Newspaper reports have claimed this afternoon that four Championship clubs and Glasgow Rangers are preparing to engage in a 'January transfer war' for Taylor's signature.

Reports claim that Brighton, Cardiff City, QPR and Wolves are preparing to swoop for a player who, the writer claims, has a buy-out clause inserted in his contract that allows him to leave for less than £1million.

Read more: Bristol Rovers fans prove how faithful they are even when the going gets tough

Hamer was unwilling to discuss the terms of Taylor's contract, but he did say: "If there is a deal on the table that is good for the football club and good for the player then it is something you have to consider if and when that situation arises.

"But Matty has recently signed a new contract and selling him in the January window is the last thing on our minds at the moment."

Read more: Bristol Rovers boss Darrell Clarke reveals he has been given transfer window green light

Taylor signed a new and improved two-year deal with Rovers in the summer after holding talks with several clubs who were keen to secure his services at a time when he was a free agent.

The striker has continued his prolific run of form over the last two years into the current season in League One and scouts have been flocking to the Memorial Stadium to check on a man who has scored 15 goals in 22 games.

That's not 10million!!

• Like 1

I have just been playing Football Manager 2017 on my phone and it is great! I started out unemployed and within 2 weeks Rovers had sacked Darrell Clarke. Naturally I applied for the position being an obsessed Ted and was offered the job with the remit of Rovers finishing mid table. I accepted but it soon became apparent that my budget £875k was taking the mickey. So I decided to hand over the reigns to Marcus Stewart and take advantage of Wally's cash by booking a holiday. I came back to find out we had lost to Braintree in the cup so I put myself on garden leave. I went on holiday again for about 2 months and came back to find that Rovers were now 24th in League One and the board were not happy. I threw my teddies out of the pram and clicked the "Holiday" option again. I came back to find out that some of the players contracts had expired and they had thrown a wobbly and left. I couldn't handle the stress so I handed over the reigns to Stewy again and booked another holiday. I came back in May to find out that we had been relegated having finished 22nd. To be fair I was happy to still be in the job considering that I had spent the majority of the season in the Canaries. 

The board decided to keep me on because in my absence Stewy had signed some complete unknown by the name of Pete Burton and apparently the board were happy with that?! They weren't too happy about the wage bill and so I immediately went on holiday again and let a few more contracts expire. 

I came back to find that Coventry and Burton had both offered £475k for Matty Taylor. I said I was happy to discuss a deal at a more realistic figure so I proposed starting at £10 million. I left the training to Stewy again and took another holiday on Wally whilst Coventry and Burton considered revised deals. When I got back expecting to dot the i's and cross the t's with either Coventry or Burton on the Matty Taylor deal I had received emails from both clubs pretty much saying the same thing that they had immediately withdrawn their interest. I also discovered that not a single club in the Championship or Prem had swooped for an absolute bargain???!!!

Anyway, played the pre season friendlies and got hammered 5-0 by Rotherham, and lost 3-0 to Forest Green. It wasn't all doom and gloom though as we thrashed East Thurrock 5-0 and a few more players contracts expired.

After 9 games I had taken us from 5th to 23rd and Wally sacked me whilst I was on holiday. I found out by email when I got back. To be fair I had left Stewy in charge for all 9 games as I took in the sights of Dubai. Spending Wally's cash like water!

I immediately reapplied for the vacant position but they gave it to Nathan Jones so I applied for the vacant position that came up at Liverpool.

Thoroughly recommend Football Manager 2017!

• Like 17

10 hours ago, alexukhc said:

They love getting rid of top strikers on the cheap :clapping:

worth a bid?

I dont think we have sold many top strikers on the cheap and.certainly not without a sell on clause like City

As for Taylor, he wasnt our player in the summer so we had to offer something. Who knows what theexact rrlease clause maybe, but i guess sometbing that needed to be there for him to come back

1 hour ago, Hello said:

I dont think we have sold many top strikers on the cheap and.certainly not without a sell on clause like City

As for Taylor, he wasnt our player in the summer so we had to offer something. Who knows what theexact rrlease clause maybe, but i guess sometbing that needed to be there for him to come back

Hope the release clause is more useful than your finger on theekeeybboard.

:blink:

37 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Sir Belterlot, aka Keith Chimp has just tweeted saying the club have pulled out of UWE project, and to be announced this coming week

Be quite surprised if they walked away, unless there are no interested parties in buying the Mem.

Would imagine that Wally needs the sale of that to proceed, and if they want to stay there until the new place is finished that might be a stumbling block, given the European and global financial uncertainty.

Why not a monthly update ? it does not seem unreasonable to me. I don't know who Keith Chimp is, but one thing is for sure, UWE don't appear to be really bothered about building a stadium, Glos Council never mention it, the uncertainty has dragged on for far too long; after all the club is struggling to even build a ******* training ground; don't get me wrong, I have been luving the effect WAQ has been having on our club; but I believe, that if something appears to be too good, then it probably is. I expect WAQ to come up with some plausible reason why BRFC cannot build the new stadium, and then drift away back up to Kensington, leaving BRFC to drift along as we have for the past 50 years. FTG

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Hardly suprising...  I'm pretty sure UWE are gearing up to build more student accommodation and facilities where the stadium was alleged to go.

There is good money to be made with student accommodation and there is always a shortage, it is also a low risk return unlike a stadium. 

Still think that UWE would like vanity project like a stadium, just don't think they want to risk losing money or being left with a lemon in the future if things do not turn out well. It's not like Rovers are want to stay in one place. 

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

There is good money to be made with student accommodation and there is always a shortage, it is also a low risk return unlike a stadium. 

Still think that UWE would like vanity project like a stadium, just don't think they want to risk losing money or being left with a lemon in the future if things do not turn out well. It's not like Rovers are want to stay in one place. 

Or pay their way.

36 minutes ago, myol'man said:

According to rumours coming from Ipswich, if we beat them this Saturday it could cost Rovers their manager.

Ipswich Town Forums suggesting Clarke & Stewart sounded out ..... To replace Mick McCarthy if he gets the chop

If we needed another reason to beat Ipswich, that`s it I reckon. Strange time to say it after they finally started scoring on Saturday though.

23 hours ago, myol'man said:

According to rumours coming from Ipswich, if we beat them this Saturday it could cost Rovers their manager.

Ipswich Town Forums suggesting Clarke & Stewart sounded out ..... To replace Mick McCarthy if he gets the chop

They won't leave. Rovers are the 6th richest club in the world!

On 22 November 2016 at 13:50, Kim_il_sung said:

Its always a moral victory for the gas in their deluded little world isnt it?:facepalm:

On 27 November 2016 at 11:32, S_Y_G said:

Your comments arr unacceptable, have you seen the news recently or are you just a  total ******* idiot?

The stories were complete tosh and he has threatened legal action, so I suggest you stick to slagging of rovers and leave Jamie out of it.

On 26 November 2016 at 06:48, Red Right Hand said:

Or pay their way.

why is this thread on page 2 ?