IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

gotta defend robbo on this one, oldrosie started a new topic about the goings on and it wasn't even funny, redm just merged it thats all

I did merge it yes, once it started to go off at a tangent (funny photos) it may as well be lumped in together with the rest.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I did merge it yes, once it started to go off at a tangent (funny photos) it may as well be lumped in together with the rest.

How's this for an idea? - create a Bristol Rovers sub forum similar to the transfer one.

Then most of us wouldn't have to put up the boring gashead topics.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How's this for an idea? - create a Bristol Rovers sub forum similar to the transfer one.

Then most of us wouldn't have to put up the boring gashead topics.

Good God no, they think we are obsessed because we have one thread about them (and it's not always about them) imagine what they would say if we gave them a whole forum!!

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

How about not reading/posting on threads that don't interest you? I've tried not driving minibuses to destinations that don't interest me, and trust me, it works!

@Robbored, he's got a point. Most threads I can easily deduce what they might contain by the title, although in NTTDS case they can be more challenging to guess!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RedM said:

@Robbored, he's got a point. Most threads I can easily deduce what they might contain by the title, although in NTTDS case they can be more challenging to guess!

I very rarely read threads with any suggestion that they are gas related but obviously can't avoid seeing the thread title. 

I just don't get why some posters find it necessary to harp on about the Rovers. They aren't even in our league ffs. If they were then it would be understandable to see such posts because they'd be rivals.

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I very rarely read threads with any suggestion that they are gas related but obviously can't avoid seeing the thread title. 

I just don't get why some posters find it necessary to harp on about the Rovers. They aren't even in our league ffs. If they were then it would be understandable to see such posts because they'd be rivals.

I notice under your user name you have a little diatribe ending.......the voice of reason, the SAGE.

I think it's miss spelled, should it not be ....the SAGS ?

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I notice under your user name you have a little diatribe ending.......the voice of reason, the SAGE.

I think it's miss spelled, should it not be ....the SAGS ?

:facepalm:

I wouldn't have that you, a respected and long standing poster would resort to such a cheap and very tired jibe.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Because it's great fun having a laugh at the sags.  Losing their league status, getting knocked out of the cup in successive years by Chesham and Barrow, coming out with belters like "championship ready" and "off the field comparable to Brighton", what's not to like.

In addition the UWE fiasco and the lack of investment in the team are all about to come to a head.  I for one am rubbing my hands in anticipation at the pantomime that is about to unfold.

Of course events at AG take priority, but as a sideshow it's hard to beat the entertainment provided by the gas soap opera.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Robbored said:

:facepalm:

I wouldn't have that you, a respected and long standing poster would resort to such a cheap and very tired jibe.

I'm sure we wouldn't take so much notice of them if they'd just show a bit of humility.

I bet Notts County fans don't keep on about their fans being the best, most loyal in the country, or go on Florists forum with ...." coming to get you" type things ! 

I don't think we'd mind so much if (like the Sheffields or the Manchesters,) they were WORTHY rivals. They just hang on to our coat tails (potentially) stripping us of 50%of fans, without a hope in hell of catching us ! THAT'S why IMHO, we hate them and revel in their constant embarrassments .

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Malago said:

Because it's great fun having a laugh at the sags.  Losing their league status, getting knocked out of the cup in successive years by Chesham and Barrow, coming out with belters like "championship ready" and "off the field comparable to Brighton", what's not to like.

In addition the UWE fiasco and the lack of investment in the team are all about to come to a head.  I for one am rubbing my hands in anticipation at the pantomime that is about to unfold.

Of course events at AG take priority, but as a sideshow it's hard to beat the entertainment provided by the gas soap opera.

Each to their own I guess.

Im only too happy to engage in a bit of friendly banter with my gashead mates but they know that I have the high ground so they tend to change the subject. When they get cocky as they regularly  do I mention the tented village they play on and ask them what division they're in these days.

I have a far greater dislike for Swindon and Cardiff than I do the Rovers.

Edited by Robbored

4 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Really?

Yeah, really.

Swindon because it's a shit hole of a place full of inbreds who think that Swindon Town FC are the greatest team in the West......:facepalm:  There's a great amount of history between the fans going back to the 70s and the only place I ever got a real kicking and then arrested before being taken to PMH to get treated for a busted rib. 

Cardiff because it's Cardiff! It's actually a nice City despite being full of taffies. The amount of grief they've caused us on and off the pitch over decades is immense. They're as close as I've ever got to hating a football club and now that Colin is there it's even closer.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, really.

Swindon because it's a shit hole of a place full of inbreds who think that Swindon Town FC are the greatest team in the West......:facepalm:  There's a great amount of history between the fans going back to the 70s and the only place I ever got a real kicking and then arrested before being taken to PMH to get treated for a busted rib. 

Cardiff because it's Cardiff! It's actually a nice City despite being full of taffies. The amount of grief they've caused us on and off the pitch over decades is immense. They're as close as I've ever got to hating a football club and now that Colin is there it's even closer.

So ,you wouldn't mind there being threads on here about how crap Swindle and Cardiff are, then?:cool: 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not in slightest. In fact I'd welcome them and join in.

So you understand why people want this thread, use it & you would use the same thing if for another team, but you still complain about it?

Edited by Griffin
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Each to their own I guess.

Im only too happy to engage in a bit of friendly banter with my gashead mates but they know that I have the high ground so they tend to change the subject. When they get cocky as they regularly  do I mention the tented village they play on and ask them what division they're in these days.

I have a far greater dislike for Swindon and Cardiff than I do the Rovers.

What a very strange comment, you are surely on your own there

31 minutes ago, harrys said:

What a very strange comment, you are surely on your own there

I am not sure he is, although I laugh at them and I do hate them, there is an element of my thoughts that says, they are still Bristolians and represent Bristol particularly when they play those sides. I would rather see a Bristol side do better than one from Cardiff or Swindon. Sorry if that doesn't fit the agenda.....

• Like 1

In view of Darrell's recent comments I'd like to remind Gasheads of why we go on and on about the gift that keeps giving. Remember, you bring it all on yourselves with garbage like this and we laugh loud and long when it comes back to bite you firmly on the butt. At this point you usually find some excuse to blame us and then want to fight about it like some spoilt child.....

Please continue to give generously....especially at Christmas 

IMG_0160.JPGThis is more like it..........

IMG_1043.JPG

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

In view of Darrell's recent comments I'd like to remind Gasheads of why we go on and on about the gift that keeps giving. Remember, you bring it all on yourselves with garbage like this and we laugh loud and long when it comes back to bite you firmly on the butt. At this point you usually find some excuse to blame us and then want to fight about it like some spoilt child.....

IMG_0160.JPG

I thought Swindon were the oldest ?

11 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_0160.JPG

I thought forest green have more money ?

13 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_0160.JPG

with average crowds of 40,000 their the biggest .

23 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_0160.JPGThis is more like it..........

IMG_1043.JPG

My favourite was the meme that had Messi, Suarez & Neymar kitted up in Rovers shirts. 

In reality it was a reject from Port Vale, an aging defender from Plymouth and some doughnut from Peterborough. 

But they're coming for us apparently.

• Like 5