IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, BobbyC said:

That was fun!

We ran them out the East End in the far corner where the only escape was to climb the fence with plenty more city boys waiting for them to drop down from the fence.

I can still see the Millwall faces as they thought it would be an easy day...:laugh:

If this was the same year I seem to remember there was a scouting party of Millwall fans already in the East End many with white butchers type coats on. They were quickly dispatched when the main City mob turned up on mass. Think we had a small fire in the East End with some of the aforementioned coats!!

A while late the main mob of Millwall entered the East End and all hell broke loose. I remember getting knocked to the ground and my mate dragging me up before I got trampled.

Was 15 at the time so memory may be a bit blurred but they must have been booted out as we still watched the game from somewhere near the middle of the East End!!!!!

1 hour ago, harrys said:

I think Brum was 71/72ish, couldn't move them, think they won 1-0 with a very young Trevor Francis goal, Pompey also immovable round about the same time, no-one else that I can remember came on  the EE and stayed in such large numbers as those two

Think that game was 1976 the only time I have taken the wife to see the City. She wanted to see Trevor Francis. Have read reports previously off trouble at the game can't remember any and when I asked the missus she said the same and she would never had let me forget it had there been any.

3 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

In other news, just seen on Facebook that there is a big rovers giveaway for Christmas and one lucky person can win a free... wait for it... mitre football!!!!

(All of 8 quids worth)

The booby prize is a lifetime season ticket 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Think that game was 1976 the only time I have taken the wife to see the City. She wanted to see Trevor Francis. Have read reports previously off trouble at the game can't remember any and when I asked the missus she said the same and she would never had let me forget it had there been any.

It was earlier than '76, maybe we beat them 1-0, remember Francis being some sort of wonder kid at the time and he was only about 17/18

7 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Birmingham took the absolute piss sometime in the late 60's arrived early and stayed in the centre pen. Somewhat bizarrely, I recall Huddersfield at a lesser scale doing the same (aided, or not, by some of your lot). From my recollection that was about it. Maybe Cardiff hung around once in that centre pen  as well. 

Early 70's pre-segregation groups of away fans that managed to stay either were in the area above the pathway at the rear of the stand or in the corner and rarely strayed. 

Could write a book on events during that period. Come to think of it..... what happened to that?

See higher up in the thread mention of 'Piggy' et al. Remember the Police Superintendent on the Park End 'divide' who was an absolute psycho. Wonder what happened to all the lads on that terrace? Remember we lost a couple at the time in a horrendous car crash. 

The worst violence by far though was the infamous Millwall visit in the early 80's. That was just mayhem.

May not be the same incident, but I remember an horrific crash in (or near) Backwell around this time when 4 young City fans were killed.

I knew one of them slightly, a home and away City fanatic who had been the year above me at school.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

May not be the same incident, but I remember an horrific crash in (or near) Backwell around this time when 4 young City fans were killed.

I knew one of them slightly, a home and away City fanatic who had been the year above me at school.

Yep, fear that was it. Worked a short time with Clive, who was one of the victims. 

10 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Yep, fear that was it. Worked a short time with Clive, who was one of the victims. 

The same one then, although I always knew him by his nickname. Not that I knew him that well, but often used to see him at AG and away matches.

City had an Anglo Scottish Cup match on the Tuesday, and we saw him and his mates afterwards at Tiffany's.

The next day, or the day after, they were all killed and there was a mention of the tragedy over the tannoy before the QPR game on the Saturday - although I can't remember a minutes silence or anything like that.

I've never forgotten it, such a sad and shocking accident.

Ross Cook the Hartley Whitney striker is on trial with Rovers! Obviously Darrell Clarke's plea for more money to splash on new players has been answered big time 

As an aside, Hartley Whitney is a fantastic name for a person to have. It has a certain upper class ring 

33 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Ross Cook the Hartley Whitney striker is on trial with Rovers! Obviously Darrell Clarke's plea for more money to splash on new players has been answered big time 

As an aside, Hartley Whitney is a fantastic name for a person to have. It has a certain upper class ring 

It`s like the one down near me, Chudleigh Knighton. It sounds like a 1930s character actor.

• Like 1