IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I was talking to one of the few today over dinner, he was convinced their future is bright because, they now have serious money behind them. By serious, he says "they own the bank of Jordan and a group of hotels". He claimed the club now owned 29 acres of land at Almondsbury for their training ground, that Higgs had agreed a poor package with UWE and, that's why it's been held up negotiating a new deal and, they only have to sell the rugby ground to help finance the new ground, as their new owners would finance the rest.

I tried my best to put him right on his new owners wealth. Informed him that they didn't own the land at Almondsbury (the rugby club academy does), that they'd put the application in because, they'd probably gain grants from the FA for the cost of some of the works. That his clubs wealthy new owner was trying but with not much success, to get finance elsewhere and, to not hold his breath for a new stadium, just yet. This is the person who, just over two years ago, informed me that the work on their new stadium was starting next month (September). He is like so many of their followers, blissfully unaware of their situation and, too frightened to ask questions for fear of finding out the reality.

Of course, I don't know the real situation but, I seem to know more than him. But then again, they are so insular that nobody is allowed to question the goings on at their club, for fear of being branded a gert shed and being banned from their forum. Still he's happy that they're going to catch us up soon. 

Oh yes, he also claimed we'd not get more than twenty thousand in the championship.

Edited by Rich
addition
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, Rich said:

I was talking to one of the few today over dinner, he was convinced their future is bright because, they now have serious money behind them. By serious, he says "they own the bank of Jordan and a group of hotels". He claimed the club now owned 29 acres of land at Almondsbury for their training ground, that Higgs had agreed a poor package with UWE and, that's why it's been held up negotiating a new deal and, they only have to sell the rugby ground to help finance the new ground, as their new owners would finance the rest.

I tried my best to put him right on his new owners wealth. Informed him that they didn't own the land at Almondsbury (the rugby club academy does), that they'd put the application in because, they'd probably gain grants from the FA for the cost of some of the works. That his clubs wealthy new owner was trying but with not much success, to get finance elsewhere and, to not hold his breath for a new stadium, just yet. This is the person who, just over two years ago, informed me that the work on their new stadium was starting next month (September). He is like so many of their followers, blissfully unaware of their situation and, too frightened to ask questions for fear of finding out the reality.

Of course, I don't know the real situation but, I seem to know more than him. But then again, they are so insular that nobody is allowed to question the goings on at their club, for fear of being branded a gert shed and being banned from their forum. Still he's happy that they're going to catch us up soon. 

Oh yes, he also claimed we'd not get more than twenty thousand in the championship.

Still baffles me when I read things like this. What a bunch of deluded bitter fools.

The training ground is happening, subject to planning approval. No idea if they will own the land or not. There's actually been significant effort put into the training ground, as the owner sees it as vital for the long term future - this guy isn't some dodgy owner, he's genuinely a nice guy who wants the best for his club.

This all being said, UWE is a ball around the clubs neck at the moment and if it's not delivered the fickle fewers will soon get restless- exacerbated by Dopey Darrell moaning about the playing budget.

I listened to Dopey's rant following defeat at the hands of the mighty Shrewsbury. Apparently the "faithful and true" booed the players off the pitch. Surely not??!!! That behaviour is only performed by the deluded obsessed Ted's at the crematorium of the Bristol Sport 1982 franchise?!!!!!!!'

18 minutes ago, Super said:

Planning permission is one thing. Paying for it and seeing the project through is an entirely different story as they should know by now. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Super said:

So their new level 3 facility will mean they are 'coming for us' again even though we've had a level 2 facility for years then?

YAAAWWWWNNN. 

OTIB

Also, didn't they have a habit of giving out good news before some bad news? Hmmmm, I wonder.

Edited by 8menhadadream
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, harrys said:

Jumpers for goalposts?

My source tells me they are building on this idea and using a washing line to mark out the goals.

This means there will actually be posts and the line itself acts as a crossbar.

There is also the added benefit that they can use it to hang their kit on to dry after it's been washed.

The tumble dryer will be sold to raise funds for these improvements.