IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Staffordshire Police say...

"During the game some 30 Bristol Rovers supporters were ejected from the ground for a variety of offences including making racially motivated insults towards stewards."

"A steward reported being racially abused and as a result a 52 year old male was arrested for racially aggravated abuse."

"One 23 year old male has been arrested for the assault of an official." 

"One match day official was arrested for assault of an away fan."

"One further arrest was made, a 52 year old male for the assault of a police officer."

Full release: https://www.staffordshire.police.uk/article/7043/Disturbance-at-Port-Vale-v-Bristol-Rovers-match.

So, 2 sags arrested and 30 ejected for various disorders.....yet all we get is absolute blinkered BS from their chairman  about women, children and the elderly getting pepper sprayed and abused by police and stewards.

yet again they run to the media and FL making all sorts of claims about others without acknowledging or accepting the actions of their own....

always the victims, it's never your thought

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

.....Gas call for investigation of steward and police conduct and treatment of Gas fans... Cs gas. Punches & Headbutts alleged..

Rovers call for investigation into behaviour of stewards and police? What about the behaviour of their own fans?

Who knows who instigated the incident, or which side threw the first punch, but interesting that Rovers are willing to stand up for their fans (and, as they would see it, the 'good' name of their club) when they can't yet be sure what happened themselves and can only go on what could be biased reports from their own fans.

Also the notably supportive and defensive reaction from the EP before they too know the full facts.

Compare with the after match incident at Cardiff several years ago when City fans said there was extreme provocation and only sporadic filming of the incident, i.e. it was widely alleged the fans' violent reaction was recorded, but not the actions that provoked them. There followed immediate condemnation of the fans by the club and the threatening of life bans, and mugshots all over the EP.

No one wants to see innocent fans of any club mistreated and provoked by stewards or police but whatever happened initially it's hard to believe the Rovers' fans charging down the gangway, or brawling with the police outside, were entirely innocent.

Presuming all the incidents were filmed it's unlikely the possibility of a steward 'starting things', after he himself was perhaps provoked, will be seen as an excuse for everything that followed, even if the impression is given elsewhere that perhaps it should do.

12 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

So, 2 sags arrested and 30 ejected for various disorders.....yet all we get is absolute blinkered BS from their chairman  about women, children and the elderly getting pepper sprayed and abused by police and stewards.

yet again they run to the media and FL making all sorts of claims about others without acknowledging or accepting the actions of their own....

always the victims, it's never your thought

It says 3 Rovers fans arrested and 30 ejected, but followed by 'further ejections' later.

For 30+ fans to be misbehaving to the extent it was felt they had to be chucked out, but not badly enough to be charged with anything, is in itself very unusual.

Read on the gas forum that 2 individuals who steward at Rovers but were attending as fans were ejected early in the game.

The real bother in the ground seems to erupted a few minutes after Port Vale took the lead, and the disturbance outside between 50 Rovers fans and the stewards/police looks serious, so surprising there weren't more arrests there.

Very likely to be a number of photos for the EP to plaster over their front page in the near future, you'd think.

7 hours ago, 8menhadadream said:

All joking aside, a gas supporting friend of mine was caught up in this and has ended up on crutches for a couple of weeks through no fault of his own. As he's a self employed plasterer, that's a real problem for him.

I've been told there were not enough seats in the assigned area and that the stewards were telling people to sit down when there was nowhere to sit and it kicked off from there.

They MAY be the innocent party for a change?

Told by a gas head today that there was enough seats but sags decided to stand in the gangways and tried to remove the netting . That's why it kicked off. 

32 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Told by a gas head today that there was enough seats but sags decided to stand in the gangways and tried to remove the netting . That's why it kicked off. 

That sounds more likely than the scenario I was told SSN. Plain stupidity again by the sounds of it. While the stewards look to have been very heavy handed, they were within their rights to refuse the moving of the netting as there was a large space on the other side of the allocated seating.

Naughty horse worriers again. :redcard:

1 minute ago, harrys said:

Probably the same coach load of over-weight over-50 idiots that travel to most of their away games, they're a sad bunch of losers who were used to getting chased everywhere 30 years ago and are now trying make a name for themselves :-)

Gurt Heavy Saddo's

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I'm sure you jest, however I have no doubt whatsoever that City fans, without a game on Saturday, en mass, converged on the Port Vale match day staff hut, over powered the stewarding department, relieved them of their high vis attire and waited in situ to attack these poor, innocent, family club supporters. 

Not us this time,just sad sags releasing all that pent up Taylor transfer frustration, it had been simmering and finally exploded.

I remember going to vale park when vale equalised in the 90th minute and lita scored straight after the KO. MEMEORIES. I remember their fans running towards the away end and trying to fight us in the car park. 

They got a good little firm at home and from what I hear, the GHS ran into them outside and got a good little hiding. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I remember going to vale park when vale equalised in the 90th minute and lita scored straight after the KO. MEMEORIES. I remember their fans running towards the away end and trying to fight us in the car park. 

They got a good little firm at home and from what I hear, the GHS ran into them outside and got a good little hiding. 

I was at that game. Memories.

(Just to be clear, the Lita winner, I haven't become a Gashead)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

The boy that cried Wolf...... How many times have they complained to FA, FL, media, Courts Etc Etc ad infinitum. Jeez ,more appeals than a cricket team!  They really ought to have a new club motto..." NEVER OUR FAULT" !   HON NOSTRA CULPA 

OTIB never fails to surprise, not just a pisstake but educational :clapping::clap:Good work Sir.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Staffordshire Police say...

"During the game some 30 Bristol Rovers supporters were ejected from the ground for a variety of offences including making racially motivated insults towards stewards."

"A steward reported being racially abused and as a result a 52 year old male was arrested for racially aggravated abuse."

"One 23 year old male has been arrested for the assault of an official." 

"One match day official was arrested for assault of an away fan."

"One further arrest was made, a 52 year old male for the assault of a police officer."

Full release: https://www.staffordshire.police.uk/article/7043/Disturbance-at-Port-Vale-v-Bristol-Rovers-match.

Well that would fit in with the quotes that Bristol Rob has brought into this thread from their forum wouldn't it.

Rovers have said they will ban any fans guilty of any offences, but hey dont let facts get in the away of anything.

I have no doubt we had morons getting involved, but it appears the stewards wanted some as well. Even the Vale fans say the stewarding is heavy handed and it has made for a combustible situation.

idiot stewarda and some idiot fans. 

Steve Hamer is only asking for information, because of what he has been told. If some of your fans complained to your club, I am sure you would want it looked into.

I cant abide racism and pulled some up on it on Gaschat. Criticse the stewards but what colour and where they are frim is irrelevant

Edited by Hello
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hello said:

but hey dont let facts get in the away of anything.

Maybe your Chairman should have waited to get the full facts before spouting all the blinkered rhetoric on the radio yesterday........even the videos provide enough evidence of irresponsible behaviour of fans yet he never mentioned that once.

Two sides to every story but yet again, you just steam in to the media/authorities crying foul play