IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 hours ago, bert tann said:

No, I'm Rovers all right but there are supporters that are wiser and with much more inside knowledge than me who should be airing their views.

It was OK to have a bit of fun at Nicholas' expense and if you remember I was winding you lot up a little when we all thought the new owners would have the financial muscle to complete the UWE deal and begin to give City a run for your money. But, starting with the excruciating BBC Bristol feature made in Jordan, as the months have passed the evidence has mounted that things are not as they should be. There is no point in typing the list of signals all over again save to say that from the "landing lights" comment by Stephen Hamer to the carpet cleaning and new curtains press release just recently it's obvious that the blundering around is continuing and people who are serious about what they do, such as the Governors of UWE and manager Darrell Clarke, will not put up with it for much longer. 

Unless they can find a benefactor among their friends in the Middle East who is willing to part with tens of millions for the privilege of owning a league 1 football club I fear our owners will be faced with the dilemma of either taking a substantial financial hit themselves or destroying an institution which has graced*** Bristol for the past 134 years. 

( ***   I use this word in the Are You Being Served context)

you are doing very well :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Oh it would, hilarious and karma for the way they treated us in 1982, I hope they go bust and disappear.

Exactly. I'm trying to think of something nice to say, I've got a few Gas mates who apart from their football club they support are decent people, but deep down this is how I truly feel. If they were a bit more realistic about Wally when he first arrived and his (non) actions since instead of treating him like some demi-god, I would sympathise a tiny bit

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bert tann said:

No, I'm Rovers all right but there are supporters that are wiser and with much more inside knowledge than me who should be airing their views.

Yeah right, Bert.  Keep saying it enough times and it becomes a 'fact'.      For the benefit of the rest of us, I say that the person below is 'Bert Tann' and I claim my ten pounds

Document4.thumb.jpg.b66724694f8935625041f7806d64b970.jpg

Belter....

NO WAY will Wael walk away .... absolutely not a hope .... he is here for the long haul so let's not let him be undermined by the sheer ignorance of the jealous South Bristol tools who would die for a leader as bold, measured and classy !!

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Look you belters , I mugged you all off and you carried me aloft :rofl2br::rofl2br::rofl2br:Screenshot_20170529-101032.thumb.jpg.2307227580e7944286f1667a075db237.jpg

This is the perfect example of what I've said for a while, it all seems like an ego trip for him while the family hopes to make money.
No emotional investment, second choice after all, and a Chelsea fan. My comparison to Michael Knighton was apt ( no not the Kit one ) , Knighton went on the pitch at Old Trafford doing keep upies , before the sale had gone through, just loved the attention. This bloke is the same , loves the limelight but has made no real improvement. Gone cap in hand for backing and looks like others have seen through the plans, wouldn't be surprised if he sells up, if he can find someone to pay his price. 

As an aside, didn't realise the a certain Mr Oyston was approached for backing when the original backers pulled out of buying ManUtd, now that could have been funny.

• Like 5

Coombsy is one of the biggest morons on OTIB. Cant debate with him because he always has to be right and when you actually state facts he just resorts to abuse. Sad really

looks like I touch a nerve  can't remember being abuseing to him or her 

never mind the truth will be out soon maybe they will come back and say sorry but I won't hold my breath.

• Like 8

I think the writings on the wall. Otherwise matters would be moving along at a pace.

I think the training ground, the new sponsors entrance and the new carpets and curtains are just Wally's smoke screen to make the proposition more attractive & biding time waiting for the big investment backing from someone else.

The plain fact is they haven't got that investment in place.

I suspect UWE want assurances and they can't give it.

When you look broadly at the figures I believe they are £10M in debt with the high interest loan plus I suspect that they are still in debt in some part to the former directors.

There is uncertainty over how they can best liquidise the asset that is the Memorial ground given that it is surrounded by housing in an area where there are loads of independent shops & let's face it the former directors, in my opinion, showed a contemptable disregard for those local businesses and the surrounding area which is why there was so much acrimony towards them.

So it would seem that starting from a minus £10M figure you're looking at some serious money spent before any real investment can begin.

Hardly an attractive proposition.

All this is conjecture on my part but it would seem to add up.

I think even the most die hard blue can see the creek and none of them has a paddle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Super said:

Belter....

NO WAY will Wael walk away .... absolutely not a hope .... he is here for the long haul so let's not let him be undermined by the sheer ignorance of the jealous South Bristol tools who would die for a leader as bold, measured and classy !!

"Gas logic" of course.

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Right let me think. I'm jealous of Bristol rovers because of. Nope nothing sorry. Anyone else want to try

They um, oh - wait a minute it's ah, no, it's gone.

Ah, got it - they played in Bath for a bit and there is a decent view from Twerton.

Yes, that's it, they had a really nice view for several years.  I am jealous of that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Right let me think. I'm jealous of Bristol rovers because of. Nope nothing sorry. Anyone else want to try

Whilst us City fans have pre match fare such as pies and burgers, apparently Roverzzz fans have canapes. Sure that's right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

They um, oh - wait a minute it's ah, no, it's gone.

Ah, got it - they played in Bath for a bit and there is a decent view from Twerton.

Yes, that's it, they had a really nice view for several years.  I am jealous of that.

Just now, glynriley said:

Whilst us City fans have pre match fare such as pies and burgers, apparently Roverzzz fans have canapes. Sure that's right.

:rofl2br:

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

Coombsy is one of the biggest morons on OTIB. Cant debate with him because he always has to be right and when you actually state facts he just resorts to abuse. Sad really

looks like I touch a nerve  can't remember being abuseing to him or her 

never mind the truth will be out soon maybe they will come back and say sorry but I won't hold my breath.

Keep up the good work Coombsy.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I don't know what possessed me to do it, but took a peek at gaschat via the link above and can anyone explain to me why they keep talking about us being "jealous" and "bitter" of them?

Genuine question; what aspect of their club do they think we're jealous of?  I cannot think of anything.

• Like 1

Just now, samo II said:

I don't know what possessed me to do it, but took a peek at gaschat via the link above and can anyone explain to me why they keep talking about us being "jealous" and "bitter" of them?

Genuine question; what aspect of their club do they think we're jealous of?  I cannot think of anything.

Don't they still have a car boot sale on a Sunday?

We can only aspire to such off field earnings.

36 minutes ago, samo II said:

Da world famous quarterz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samo II said:

They got better pasties