IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Priceless, absolutely priceless!

#gaslogic, thus;

Rovers = 6 letters

City = 4 letters

Sadly, Cheltenham = 10, so bigger than both of us.

Like i said, 'they' are like products on the shelves of a comedy supermarket, every one a gem and that particular thread is no different.

Hold on, I'd like a stewards enquiry.... Are we not (According to the squatters) City 1982 Limited? That surely makes us the biggest!

Hoisted by their own petard by #GasLogic

• Like 2

I'm not normally in the know, and what I learnt this weekend isn't much but I thought I'd share it anyway. At an event I was chatting to someone that I'd never met before. During the course of the conversation they revealed that they were involved in the governance and management of the UWE. Thinking that this was my big chance to find out what was happening, I asked about the stadium and received the following three sentence answer before we were interrupted; "It's a work in progress, the UWE still want it, they're waiting for the money to come through". I assume that "they" are the club, so perhaps the hold up is the funding as much as, or even rather than the negotiations with the UWE.

On 02/07/2017 at 18:35, Coombsy said:

I'm not normally in the know, and what I learnt this weekend isn't much but I thought I'd share it anyway. At an event I was chatting to someone that I'd never met before. During the course of the conversation they revealed that they were involved in the governance and management of the UWE. Thinking that this was my big chance to find out what was happening, I asked about the stadium and received the following three sentence answer before we were interrupted; "It's a work in progress, the UWE still want it, they're waiting for the money to come through". I assume that "they" are the club, so perhaps the hold up is the funding as much as, or even rather than the negotiations with the UWE

and we was told he was supper rich 

3rd richest club in England 

27 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

I'm not normally in the know, and what I learnt this weekend isn't much but I thought I'd share it anyway. At an event I was chatting to someone that I'd never met before. During the course of the conversation they revealed that they were involved in the governance and management of the UWE. Thinking that this was my big chance to find out what was happening, I asked about the stadium and received the following three sentence answer before we were interrupted; "It's a work in progress, the UWE still want it, they're waiting for the money to come through". I assume that "they" are the club, so perhaps the hold up is the funding as much as, or even rather than the negotiations with the UWE.

Is there an echo in here? 

Can't this just be merged with the existing UWE thread where another poster has already suggested it's just a case of waiting for the money to arrive. 

I wonder if it's a straight forward process and the money's guaranteed to arrive eventually, or more like NH with Opus and Sainsbury's it could still all go Pete Tong at the last minute, as something seems to be holding up the UWE, The Colony and even possibly DC's transfer budget?

Is it coincidence that the bids have been just a matter of 25-50K lower than the price wanted ? Could be a nice way of saying we tried but just never worked out. 
The way things are going we are going to need to announce 2 players a week, to get the 10-11 DV said he would have in the building 
for the 1st time since our promotion back to the FL, I am genuinely worried all is not well in camp

looks like a money thing to me
No UWE
No players
No money to pay for a fence 
Do you rember that guy on you tube saying how rich they are now ?
love to see what he has to say now

21 hours ago, BS15_RED said:
harleygas
Reserve Team
2 hours ago
Who cares my biggest and only club Bristol Rovers biggest club in the world and smallest still the best team to watch and support plus one of the oldest clubs plays in the famous quarters been tried too be destroyed by the sh!t across the river but we are still here and on the up got the best fans the famous song FTG forever

BB please get a better job.

This is a prime example of Ass Chat! Shit grammar, utterly incoherent, tossing it off about the quarters and Goodnight Irene! Love the way this individual tells the opening poster to get a better job! I'd love to know what they do for a living as they seem to be seriously low on intelligence!

When did we try and destroy them? I can remember the skidmarks sniffing around AG in 82, and their desperation to foil AV, but nothing in the way of reciprocation (except being bigger and better). Turds.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

When did we try and destroy them? I can remember the skidmarks sniffing around AG in 82, and their desperation to foil AV, but nothing in the way of reciprocation (except being bigger and better). Turds.

By taking Matty Taylor off of them probably. They'd still be non league if it wasn't for him. 

Oh and our breathing. Don't forget that such outrageous behaviour on our part will be what caused their capitulation at Peterborough & FA Cup exit to Barrow. 

Edited by Bar BS3

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

By taking Matty Taylor off of them probably. They'd still be non league if it wasn't for him. 

Oh as our breathing. Don't forget that such outrageous behaviour on our part will be what caused their capitulation at Peterborough & FA Cup exit to Barrow. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about Snakey and the breathing. What utter, UTTER ted bastards we are (!)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

Is it coincidence that the bids have been just a matter of 25-50K lower than the price wanted ? Could be a nice way of saying we tried but just never worked out. 
The way things are going we are going to need to announce 2 players a week, to get the 10-11 DV said he would have in the building 
for the 1st time since our promotion back to the FL, I am genuinely worried all is not well in camp

No UWE
No players

Top 6 budget means they can be outbid by at least 5 other clubs and if they do lose a player to one of the less financed clubs they can claim that the other club are making that player the only monied player they were in for.

Smoke and mirrors.

10 hours ago, Coombsy said:

No UWE
No players

and his belter of a dad:facepalm::facepalm:

5 minutes ago, bend it like brian said:

and his belter of a dad:facepalm::facepalm:

To be fair, the lad was ok, his pissed up dad was hilarious! 

The son does a blog as the 'Proper Bristolian' or 'BristolRoversFan' and I've asked him for his unbiased views on City which he's said he will do. I hope he gets his old man out of the pub before he does it! 

Go to 2:05. :facepalm:

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

A voice of reason (Kingswood Polak) and then comes the put downs (Icegas and Harvey Specter);  http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10152/bigger-club-bristol-city?page=5 a thread about will they ever be bigger than City.

Regardless of who bankrolled, their infrastructure is a country mile ahead of ours. Their academy is already producing and their PR and media are so far ahead it would take us a number of years to just equal that. I've been going since 68 and, the 1982 debacle apart, they have always had bigger support and the sale of ST's alone puts us way in their looming shadow
Just the facts mam

Sorry,that's complete crap.
I would happily stay in the shadow if it meant we didn't lose our identity and become a plastic club with a plastic fanbase and ownership as they have.

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

A voice of reason (Kingswood Polak) and then comes the put downs (Icegas and Harvey Specter);  http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10152/bigger-club-bristol-city?page=5 a thread about will they ever be bigger than City.

Regardless of who bankrolled, their infrastructure is a country mile ahead of ours. Their academy is already producing and their PR and media are so far ahead it would take us a number of years to just equal that. I've been going since 68 and, the 1982 debacle apart, they have always had bigger support and the sale of ST's alone puts us way in their looming shadow
Just the facts mam

I would happily stay in the shadow if it meant we didn't lose our identity and become a plastic club with a plastic fanbase and ownership as they have.

What's all this plastic nonsense I hear regularly?  If you were a plastic fan you wouldn't be supporting us, you'd go to Man Utd, Chelsea etc etc, utter nonsense

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, 22A said:

Just the facts mam

To be honest Kingswood Polak usually talks a lot of sense and is one of the more sensible posters, maybe he is our very own "Miah"?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Kingswood Polak is a loyal gashead who unusually,  has intelligence, and is well liked by a number of city fans of a certain age.

He's the chap that needs special medical treatment isn't he? I remember donating to a just giving page for him.

Aww you got to love them really, calling us plastic because we got a new stadiun refurb and a rich owner like most championship clubs. They wouldn't realise this because they haven't played in the championship yet clubs like Yeovil, Burton and Scunthorpe have.

Also nice to see that one of their fans are aware they took just over 30k for non league final which IMO is still very decent. I know many of us will admit that rovers have got good support but they hate it, hate it! when they see our support grow despite poor seasons.

I'm fortunate to be mates with several gasheads who actually have a brain and can hold an intellectual conversation. Would you he surprised to know they are not on that forum.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

I would happily stay in the shadow if it meant we didn't lose our identity and become a plastic club with a plastic fanbase and ownership as they have

A plastic fanbase?

We've got a bigger fanbase.

They're the ones who claim that all their thousands of 'stay away' supporters won't return until they've got a nice comfy seat to sit in...preferably in their new, out of town, identikit stadium. Plastic.

By plastic ownership, presumably they mean wealthy ambitious Bristolian as opposed to skint Chelsea supporting Jordanian? 

• Like 4