IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

I know Kingswood Polak from years ago, he's a really good bloke. He' well known by most of us living in and around BS15. I haven't seen him for years but he was a decent fella and I see no reason why that would have changed. I understand he has a long standing health issue and I wish him well.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

A voice of reason (Kingswood Polak) and then comes the put downs (Icegas and Harvey Specter);  http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10152/bigger-club-bristol-city?page=5 a thread about will they ever be bigger than City.

Regardless of who bankrolled, their infrastructure is a country mile ahead of ours. Their academy is already producing and their PR and media are so far ahead it would take us a number of years to just equal that. I've been going since 68 and, the 1982 debacle apart, they have always had bigger support and the sale of ST's alone puts us way in their looming shadow
Just the facts mam

Sorry,that's complete crap.
I would happily stay in the shadow if it meant we didn't lose our identity and become a plastic club with a plastic fanbase and ownership as they have.

Arguing with Rovers fans is like.......

IMG_9324.PNG

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

A plastic fanbase?

We've got a bigger fanbase.

They're the ones who claim that all their thousands of 'stay away' supporters won't return until they've got a nice comfy seat to sit in...preferably in their new, out of town, identikit stadium. Plastic.

By plastic ownership, presumably they mean wealthy ambitious Bristolian as opposed to skint Chelsea supporting Jordanian? 

We aren't plastic, we are franchise... apparently.

Don't you remember all those years we played in Bath because no one wanted us in Bristol?

Or the fact we want a new stadium outside of Bristol?

Hang on. That isn't us is it?

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

We aren't plastic, we are franchise... apparently.

Don't you remember all those years we played in Bath because no one wanted us in Bristol?

Or the fact we want a new stadium outside of Bristol?

Hang on. That isn't us is it?

Don't forget the crap they gave us for having part of an entrance road in Somerset at the proposed Ashton Vale. 'You're leaving the City' and 'Somerset City F.C'. Funny how they've forgotten that and we were only having part of a road outside the boundaries! 

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 3

You'll never guess what I just heard at the local boozer in stoke gifford. A bird I know behind the bar is related to a scout at the rovers. Apparently they have beat us to a loan goalkeeper and winger from Chelsea. They are also in contract negotiation with Yaya Sanogo would you believe it. It seems as though Wael really is true to his word and they do have some financial backing.

A bullshit story brought to you by HenburyGas Productions :liar:

• Like 3

This is a quote from okebounrne gas:

or the love of god stop these embarrassing posts ! We are miles behind them in every way and always have been. Let's not forget we've been ran like a Bloody Sunday league team for god knows how long and it's only been until recently that we've witnessed small changes for the better. We were playing non league football not so long ago , they say we are the gift that keeps giving and with sh** posts like this and the bollox posted on here about some disabled bloke getting a kicking by their supporters sometimes I think they've got a valid point !

Now you may or may not know but okebourne rd is in Brentry (a stones throw from Henbury). Maybe he knows HG(maybe not) but what i do know he sounds as a guy who is seriously pissed off with all the shite coming off that forum. He should keep it up and maybe their forum will become a place of genuine debate,

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

You'll never guess what I just heard at the local boozer in stoke gifford. A bird I know behind the bar is related to a scout at the rovers. Apparently they have beat us to a loan goalkeeper and winger from Chelsea. They are also in contract negotiation with Yaya Sanogo would you believe it. It seems as though Wael really is true to his word and they do have some financial backing.

A bullshit story brought to you by HenburyGas Productions :liar:

Thought Sanogo was going to Toulouse, not twotents?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Thought Sanogo was going to Toulouse, not twotents?

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Well if he goes to the g*s he`s going Toulouse every week.

I`ll get me coat.

Sonogoals at the twotents. Times really are bad! :mf_sleep:

Edited by Kodjias Wrist
  • Like 4

Being called plastic by a club owned by a Jordinan who supports Chelsea who are doing everything in their power to move out of Bristol (again), with the dream of being funded by his daddy and his dodgy billions millions thousands. Did I mention they're only a Bristol based club now because they stole the a stadium from another sporting team?

We've only been in our spiritual home since 1904, only got the Bristolian born owner. But Yep us gurt shiteds are da plastic ones. 

• Like 12

Something also worth mentioning that although they state they are the first club in bristol. The Black Arabs or Eastville Rovers changed their name to Bristol Rovers in 1899 whilst Bristol South End changed to Bristol City in 1897. So not only were we the first in the football league Bristol City were about before Bristol Rovers :P. We win again.

15 minutes ago, Sergio Georgini said:

Being called plastic by a club owned by a Jordinan who supports Chelsea who are doing everything in their power to move out of Bristol (again), with the dream of being funded by his daddy and his dodgy billions millions thousands. Did I mention they're only a Bristol based club now because they stole the a stadium from another sporting team?

We've only been in our spiritual home since 1904, only got the Bristolian born owner. But Yep us gurt shiteds are da plastic ones. 

All true. I would add a couple of things:

1) middle eastern businessmen buy football clubs in this country because having assets in 'the west' is great for their reputation and business. They are essentially buying themselves a nice status symbol meaning Rovers are the very definition of a rich man's plaything - just like lot's of other clubs (us included) so they are not, contrary to what they believe, a special case.

2) they refer to SL/us as tax dodgers. Wael to my knowledge pays no tax in the UK just like SL. They are also now owned by a company based in Guernsey exactly like we are (wonder where they got the idea?) for tax purposes.

Basically in terms of ownership their set-up is now exactly the same as ours.  Their desire for new training faciltiies/stadium etc is all so that, guess what, they can be just like us.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

2) they refer to SL/us as tax dodgers. Wael to my knowledge pays no tax in the UK just like SL. They are also now owned by a company based in Guernsey exactly like we are (wonder where they got the idea?) for tax purposes.

Basically in terms of ownership their set-up is now exactly the same as ours.  Their desire for new training faciltiies/stadium etc is all so that, guess what, they can be just like us.

This business of SL the tax dodger; he's pumped over £100M into a community asset.  What is tax?  The collective pool of money that is in part, used to play for community assets (parks, land marks and the like).

He is wealthy enough to have more say in where his 'tax' goes but he's contributed more to the community financially than I suspect most of the benefactors of the club (us) have put together.  He's not exactly completely avoiding giving back, he's just been a bit smart in the way it's been channelled.  Somehow I can't see the chancellor of the exchequer willing to give City anything, this way we get quite a bit. 

I appreciate it's a slightly dubious defence of him but the point remains he is contributing more than any of his critics are by a very large margin. 

As for critics from R*vers, they make up crap as they please so of course they are going to use SL's legally legitimate financial strategy against him.

• Like 1

Our friend is at it again

Henbury  Gas Avatar
Henbury Gas
Rickie Lambert
2 hours ago
I'm happy being the underdog in Bristol because if we ever reach the highs of being better than them, then i fear for the sanity of our fan base. 

Just think we could end up acting like that lot south of the river and that puts the fear of god in me

I'm not looking for sympathy here, but last week my Dad passed away, is it wrong to feel that giving this cretin a good slap would make me feel a lot better about things?
Edited by BS15_RED
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

The idiot realising his identities been uncovered, people know who he is, where he works and what he looks like..? 

then maybe it will make him think twice about posting outright lies in the first place. 

While part of me thinks there should be some privacy from 'Big Brother' , people have to realise that Anything you put on the internet is PUBLIC !
The things you write, opinions you express, and the lies you tell have consequences . It might make some people hold onto some thoughts instead of posting them on a forum , but the stupid gene is strong in some people and will overcome sense and reason.

• Like 3

On gaschat some pos(t)ers hope that Rovers sign Ricky Lambert. On Sky Sports news this lunchtime; "Ricky Lambert has left Cardiff". City aren't signing him are they just to piss off annoy the Rovers faithful?

14 minutes ago, 22A said:

Sam Slocombe on a free? For the older members of this forum remember Mrs Slocombe and her colleague stating "I'm free"?

Yes, and many viewers mistakenly thought that when Mrs Slocombe mentioned “my pussy” she was referring to her private part when in fact she meant her pet cat.

I was fortunate enough to meet Mollie Sugden many times when she was appearing at the Hippodrome in the 1960’s and can confirm that “my beaver” was the name she gave to her private part.

• Like 9