IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

42 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I met someone in a shop the other day who told me about this poor gnome. Apparently he was standing in his normal place in his garden when another gas gnome came over and said he would duff him up unless he moved. He was so traumatised by this  that he's left home and now lives with a kind City supporter. 

You weren't in a computer repair shop by any chance? 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

A mate down the road has got one of these. i'm trying to find a time to kidnap the bleedin' thing and take it on holiday then send the gashead a postcard of his gnome on a Bristol City beach towel.

It looks like that tramp they've got playing for them

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

I think this is exactly the problem. They are bankers who are used to looking at others business plans and deciding whether to fund them but with the premise there will be no risk to themselves.

When Wael unwisely said “funding is never an issue with this sort of thing” he was thinking about financing commercial property not financing commercial property AND a business which has to earn enough to pay back all the borrowings on that property. He was forgetting as well the start up costs for such a business and the huge working capital requirements because projects of this kind don’t generate any cash for a very many years and where a football club is part of it probably never at all.

This is not a project for a risk averse banking family there has to be someone involved who is willing to put up a lot of cash and is prepared to lose it if it fails. 

Absolutely.  One theory though could be that he is playing hard ball to get the best deal for BRFC and when it comes to it (ie planning permission expiring) he will eventually cough up. 

If he doesn't then questions have to be asked about how committed he is to any sort of spending at Rovers. If he simply wants to balance the books then you might as well have any old person in charge 

7 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Why is this thread shrinking. 

Probably because the only decent debate has been removed, some couldn't handle it because they couldn't cope with someone actually responding...didn't take long for all the pettiness to show again, what's the topic Gnomes? Lee's height, and plastic chairs, is it any wonder we are considered footballs push overs? 

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

So, getting on for half the league then. Mind you, they haven`t spent the ten million they got for Matty Taylor yet have they?

When they will wake up to the fact that they are NOT the "6th richest club in England" as they spouted when their 'billionaire' owner took over?! Have they not yet clocked the fact that they are dealing in free signings and they are not splashing the billions to get promoted despite announcing they are 'Championship ready'?!

It's hilarious! They say we signed our new striker with money from 'tax avoidance' yet the company that owns 92% of their shares is registered in Jersey - so their 'free' signings are being funded with 'tax avoidance' dosh too (???!!!) and their tents and new training ground and new carpets and new curtains and new canopy over the hospitality entrance are all financed with 'tax avoidance' cash as well!

'No new ground, no crowd, no class, that's the gas.....'

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mtimmy11 said:

On the Teflon lee thread I get told off for calling him little lee but it's funny to compare him to a garden gnome.I can't win

Ah well. I get criticised for calling him useless. Both facts are true, some people just dont like the truth i guess. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

A mate down the road has got one of these. i'm trying to find a time to kidnap the bleedin' thing and take it on holiday then send the gashead a postcard of his gnome on a Bristol City beach towel.

Anyone know where you can get hold of a BCFC beach towel? Fancy one for my upcoming hols but there's only one on the city website and it's £25!!  

10 hours ago, Swede said:

Bert must be using gaslogic with that valuation.

Matty Taylor = £12m using gaslogic - Reality £300k plus four plastic garden chairs.

Tom Lockyer = £10m using gaslogic - Reality £200k plus three plastic Arden chairs.

4 plastic chairs a table and a gazeeebo ,sprinklers and a piss stained santas outfit. please get your facts right before posting.

13 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Anyone know where you can get hold of a BCFC beach towel? Fancy one for my upcoming hols but there's only one on the city website and it's £25!!  

Count yourself lucky you don't want it delivered to your holiday location! With the international postage charges, it might cost you a 'Taylor'.

• Like 2