IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

32 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

As August is a few weeks away still no news on UWE ?

why are they looking at land at seven beach ?

why have they not made payments for fences?

When are they going to pay Sainsbury for the court case?

when are they going to pay for a good player?

why have they  got a charge on the  mem ?

the big question 

when will the billionaire spend spend money 

not looking to good is it

What fences is it suggested they haven't paid for? This is a new thing.

On 05/07/2017 at 23:04, Kodjias Wrist said:

Something also worth mentioning that although they state they are the first club in bristol. The Black Arabs or Eastville Rovers changed their name to Bristol Rovers in 1899 whilst Bristol South End changed to Bristol City in 1897. So not only were we the first in the football league Bristol City were about before Bristol Rovers :P. We win again.

Schoolboy error. We were only formed in 1982 remember? Ltd.

• Like 1

On 07/07/2017 at 15:46, Bristol Rob said:

If they don't resign him, you can bet the blue few will set their sights on the following;

Cureton 

Hayles 

Ellington 

They do like to speculate about former players who were unable to have their expectations met at Rovers coming back.

Why don't they sign Dean Windass? They seem to love him so much. Surely he is in their price range and most certainly available on a free!

On 12/07/2017 at 22:48, Miah Dennehy said:

It really is a terribly sad case. I don't know her incredibly well, but she has been around the club for years and Rovers were a huge part of her- and her husbands- life. Obviously no one can condone what she has lost her home in paying it all back and I imagine that she will regret her actions every day for the rest of her life.

She did gamble it all on the Gas going up with Matty Taylor scoring a hat trick on the last game, and on the Sheeds to go down. Sadly it's a common theme with Gasheads letting their hearts rule their heads!

1 hour ago, Coombsy said:

As August is a few weeks away still no news on UWE ?

why are they looking at land at seven beach ?

why have they not made payments for fences?

When are they going to pay Sainsbury for the court case?

when are they going to pay for a good player?

why have they  got a charge on the  mem ?

the big question 

when will the billionaire spend spend money 

not looking to good is it

Is it because seven beach doesn't exist?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Probably something to do with the stolen season tickets. 

Following their relegation to the conference one Gashead was livid and nailed his season ticket to a fence in protest, anyway The following day he went back to get it and was distressed to find his nail had been stolen.

#OldJokesHome 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I'm actually starting to get confused about it myself, I didn't realise Peterborough were now putting it about that we put in a bid for him, which seems very odd because at the end of the season Clarke said we wouldn't be looking to sign him. I think the people at Posh have put out a couple of strange stories, I think their chairman may enjoy getting people at it.

Luke James had lots of chances to shine at Rovers, and the crowd stuck with him, but I think the moment his teammates encouraged him to take a penalty he clearly didn't want to take which he subsequently missed, we all realised it just wasn't going to happen for him.

Obviously he will now go on to score 30 next season for FGR and get the winner against us when we draw them in the cup.

That's not like you lot. Losing to a league team in the cup..! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

That's not like you lot. Losing to a league team in the cup..! 

We did lose to Tranmere back when they were a league side and we weren't :)

All joking aside, getting knocked out of the cup by non league sides doesn't even register with me any more it's happened that many times.

I wasn't at Hayes but I remember being stunned at that defeat, but I was at Kettering and Hitchin and was absolutely mortified for days after. Is it me or is it generally more common place these days, cup shocks ain't what they used to be!

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Is it me or is it generally more common place these days, cup shocks ain't what they used to be!

Correct. Just like in Athletics etc, the best can only get to be so good. All those below them gradually catch up. This leads to records rarely being broken and upsets no longer being upsets.

6 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We did lose to Tranmere back when they were a league side and we weren't :)

All joking aside, getting knocked out of the cup by non league sides doesn't even register with me any more it's happened that many times.

I wasn't at Hayes but I remember being stunned at that defeat, but I was at Kettering and Hitchin and was absolutely mortified for days after. Is it me or is it generally more common place these days, cup shocks ain't what they used to be!

Well, we make a habit of getting knocked out by teams a division or so below us so it`s all relative I suppose.

There were some younger City fans last season who weren`t aware that the league cup actually had a second round!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Is it simply that they've paid the loan but left it unidentified in the bagging area?

When they went back to court Sainsbury made them take a lone out against the mem to make sure they pay court charges etc 

i think they still owe Sainsbury 

On 13/07/2017 at 22:54, Miah Dennehy said:

I think all you can really do is compare yourself with teams you play against. I'm pretty honest about Rovers, sometimes- and in very recent history- we have been a really, really bad side to watch. However, in the past 3 years or so we have been a  really good side to watch. I would say any neutral coming along to see us in the past couple of seasons would enjoy watching us. Football- like most things- goes in cycles though, and things can change very quickly.

I bloody hope so .