IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

The arrogance of this post is unbelievable. So disrespectful to championship teams. I'm not even including us . Just how big do you think rovers are . Most deluded fan base in football. Thought you come on here for a debate . But no . If u can't debate properly. I suggest u **** off . Back to the rock u crawled from 

He just sums them up in a nutshell. Calling our big game reading :rofl2br:reading away would be like the ******* World Cup final to those ******* morons 

• Like 1

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

He just sums them up in a nutshell. Calling our big game reading :rofl2br:reading away would be like the ******* World Cup final to those ******* morons 

I'm sure Norwich, Villa, Sunderland, Derby, Wolves, Wednesday, Birmingham are all bigger games to us then Reading is (I'm not being disrespectful royals)

But Rovers can only dream of playing teams like that, They'd cream themselves to an away fixture at Hull ffs

15 hours ago, bluebutterfly said:

Perhaps that explains the massive thread?  the only measure of city success is that they are historically the crap club not the crappier club.?

Not sure how often this needs to be explained to you, but this thread contains everything that has been posted about your wretched club since they entered the football League just over 2 years ago. 

We took one look at your forum and the number of threads about us and decided condensed was the way to go. If you count the number of pages in all of the threads about us in that same time period you'd be hitting close or more than the 400+ pages we see here.

And it'd take you no time at all to count them with those extra digits to make use of! Say hi to Auntie Mum when you see her.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, miagsygas said:

Im not trying to get into a pissing match like the other rovers fan in here but I will say this.

As painful as getting relegated was and how it should be seen as an embarrassment to have been in the conference, albeit for one season, I personally am glad it happened. I am under no illusion to the fact that had we stayed up by the smallest of margins we would have had another terrible league 2 campaign with overpaid, underworking journeymen. That was a cycle that showed no signs of breaking, even before that season joined the club.

Dont get me wrong, I'd likely take the piss out of it if it were you guys, but (and I'll say this quite quietly) I actually kind of enjoyed that season in the conference and it was something the club needed (and deserved.) That being said, one season was enough.

As for Wael, personally I never really bought into the billionaire tagline, does he have enough money for a stadium? I have my doubts. Did I think the stadium was ever going to happen under Higgs? Not a chance, particularly towards the end. I do believe behind the scenes Wael has shown better foresight in running the club, however, although the real test will be eventually when DC leaves of course.

Leaving aside the pointlessness of alternative histories, it would nevertheless be interesting to see where you would be now if you'd gone down to the Conference when you just scraped safety previously (The Rammell season, whenever that was).

Edited by WessexPest

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

I'm sure Norwich, Villa, Sunderland, Derby, Wolves, Wednesday, Birmingham are all bigger games to us then Reading is (I'm not being disrespectful royals)

But Rovers can only dream of playing teams like that, They'd cream themselves to an away fixture at Hull ffs

They'd even travel all the way to Portugal, to watch their heros. And Rovers! 

• Haha 1

honour the Ashton Gate 8 of 1982....When will you deluded Sags realise that 1982 has zero effect on the entire Bristol City fan base you absolute bunch of pikey tools?

I have never understood this childish taunt. It was imho an administrative change. I still supported the same club I did in 1981 and watched them at the same ground.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

honour the Ashton Gate 8 of 1982....When will you deluded Sags realise that 1982 has zero effect on the entire Bristol City fan base you absolute bunch of pikey tools?

I have never understood this childish taunt. It was imho an administrative change. I still supported the same club I did in 1981 and watched them at the same ground.

But more importantly, our registration as a football league club never lapsed, so it's a question of same as before, Bristol City Football Club, continuing to play in the football league. An administrative alteration only, to the administrative side.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Not one to usually bother with their forum but I saw a few whispers on Twitter about very bad news coming out about Rovers over the next few days. Had a look on their forum and someone else posting the same. No idea what they're referring to but it almost seems bigger than the stadium.

Dont get me excited like this!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Not one to usually bother with their forum but I saw a few whispers on Twitter about very bad news coming out about Rovers over the next few days. Had a look on their forum and someone else posting the same. No idea what they're referring to but it almost seems bigger than the stadium.

Let's hope so . Love it if they went bust 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Sad news, Kleneze are taking them to court for non payment of their shake 'n vac bill from the Mem renovations by the looks of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Heard the same. UWE down the shitter, creditors haven't been paid since March and solicitor letters been sent, Wael trying to flog...

In the immortal words of Paul and Barry Chuckle; "Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear."

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Facebook rumours.

About as reliable as the sort idle, exaggerated gossip you'd hear in any old Westbury On Trym Computer shop.

Probably just some pissed up Saghead on the wind up.

Except that it's all coming from different people at the same time.

Either a group of them at the pub having a laugh. Or genuine issues.