IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Oh deary me , like many of you now trying to back track. It's like fancying a girl and when you find out she's seeing someone telling everyone you didn't really like her anyway. You lot are proper mental. 

Replied to this kind of post once already on the thread, believe me or not, I don't really care.

As for the Hamer press conference, I'm a lot more interested to hear the Twentyman interview apparently happening later. I don't trust EP and Radio Bristol to ask the tough questions that would really bother Hamer (although that Wimbledon comment is an embarrassing own goal) whereas twentyman has shown he may be able to do so. 

Id imagine the process will be:

Search of viable new sites for a few months

No new sites viable.

Plans drawn up for mem redevelopment

Planning permission failed

Planning permission granted on appeal

Wait a few years

Sorry guys it's not getting built.

Im used to it.

• Haha 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-bristol-40802327?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5983415fe4b0c2b9f12652a8%26Rovers chairman Steve Hamer reacts to stadium announcement%26&ns_fee=0#post_5983415fe4b0c2b9f12652a8

I would be very worried if I was a Rovers fan having watched that Hamer interview, sounded as though he had little or no idea about anything that went on, he says 'I Think' a lot but can't back anything up.  He didn't know why Rovers put their own self inforced deadline on the negotiations, he didn't know why the deadline wasn't met by UWE, or explain why UWE still seem keen but Rovers pulled out?  His interview posed more questions that answers!  

When asked about upgrading the Mem, he says something like we want to improve wherever Rovers play, which would send alarm bells that the Mem is at risk and they could be going elsewhere

Just now, 'keepuplino' said:

Definitely deserves a thread name change in honour haha

I'm waiting for them to release new scarves for this season with 'Prowed Gashead' on one side and 'Hamer & Wael's Krazy Gang' on the other.  

The profits would go someway to paying off the £10m charge on the Mem....

Just now, miagsygas said:

Replied to this kind of post once already on the thread, believe me or not, I don't really care.

As for the Hamer press conference, I'm a lot more interested to hear the Twentyman interview apparently happening later. I don't trust EP and Radio Bristol to ask the tough questions that would really bother Hamer (although that Wimbledon comment is an embarrassing own goal) whereas twentyman has shown he may be able to do so. 

Id imagine the process will be:

Search of viable new sites for a few months

No new sites viable.

Plans drawn up for mem redevelopment

Planning permission failed

Planning permission granted on appeal

Wait a few years

Sorry guys it's not getting built.

Im used to it.

Course you care . If u didn't u wouldn't be on here trying to explain you're shitfest of a club 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-bristol-40802327?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=5983415fe4b0c2b9f12652a8%26Rovers chairman Steve Hamer reacts to stadium announcement%26&ns_fee=0#post_5983415fe4b0c2b9f12652a8

I would be very worried if I was a Rovers fan having watched that Hamer interview, sounded as though he had little or no idea about anything that went on, he says 'I Think' a lot but can't back anything up.  He didn't know why Rovers put their own self inforced deadline on the negotiations, he didn't know why the deadline wasn't met by UWE, or explain why UWE still seem keen but Rovers pulled out?  His interview posed more questions that answers!  

When asked about upgrading the Mem, he says something like we want to improve wherever Rovers play, which would send alarm bells that the Mem is at risk and they could be going elsewhere

The charge against the men is a worry

if it's true that waq wants to walk, then Dwayne sport can just sell the men from under them,

think eastville is repeating itself

3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Course you care . If u didn't u wouldn't be on here trying to explain you're shitfest of a club 

Actually, I came on yesterday for the first time in a while to reply to a comment and then this announcement came along and the replies kept rumbling. A matter of timing.

4 minutes ago, miagsygas said:

Actually, I came on yesterday for the first time in a while to reply to a comment and then this announcement came along and the replies kept rumbling. A matter of timing.

Ok . U seem a decent poster. But if I was you concentrate on rovers. Thankfully I'm not. Because there is going to be some serious piss taking on here about your club. You won't listen will you. 

35 minutes ago, Super said:

Hamer says Bristol Rovers could be the new 'Crazy Gang' of league football like Wimbledon in the 1980s

So we aim to follow in the footsteps of clubs like Southampton, with a quality accadamy set up, new (rebuilt) stadium, growing attendances, getting to and establishing ourselves in the premier league. 

Rovers want to "progress" to a team from the 1980's, who played in a crumbling shitehole ground, before being turfed out and left squatting at other clubs, whilst cheating, attracting miserly attendances, before going bust and dropping back out of the football league..?! 

They are coming for us...! 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

From ass-shat :

"What an absolutely appalling Press Conference - no assurances, no plan B, no strategic thinking and no explanation. It's not defused the crisis but will simply stoke the fires. I don't think Hamer knows what the family will do next. Clueless."

:laughcont::laughcont::laughcont:

Incredible presser from Hamar - it came across very clearly that he has absolutely no idea what is going on and that they have no plan B.

18 months of negotiation. They knew they'd have to break the news to fans this week and they have no plan B. Extraordinary.

• Like 1

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

Incredible presser from Hamar - it came across very clearly that he has absolutely no idea what is going on and that they have no plan B.

18 months of negotiation. They knew they'd have to break the news to fans this week and they have no plan B. Extraordinary.

It's almost as if their whole takeover was a property deal gone badly wrong...........

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

So we aim to follow in the footsteps of clubs like Southampton, with a quality accadamy set up, new (rebuilt) stadium, growing attendances, getting to and establishing ourselves in the premier league. 

Rovers want to "progress" to a team from the 1980's, who played in a crumbling shitehole ground, before being turfed out and left squatting at other clubs, whilst cheating, attracting miserly attendances, before going bust and dropping back out of the football league..?! 

They are coming for us...! 

No doubt they will see it as a positive and say football was more enjoyable back then. 

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Ok . U seem a decent poster. But if I was you concentrate on rovers. Thankfully I'm not. Because there is going to be some serious piss taking on here about your club. You won't listen will you. 

I'm definitely concentrated on Rovers, I enjoy a bit of banter, I can't imagine there being much I couldn't take. Besides, I wouldn't want you to think we all just ran away when the shit hit the fan. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, miagsygas said:

I'm definitely concentrated on Rovers, I enjoy a bit of banter, I can't imagine there being much I couldn't take. Besides, I wouldn't want you to think we all just ran away when the shit hit the fan. 

We haven't hit the fan yet :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1