IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

27 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

It won't be that straightforward

I agree. Look how we had to jump through hoops really parking etc. They're in a far worse position than we were IMHO. Just because they can build to 17/18k doesn't mean they would be allowed to.

As to using the Gate, I would hope the 2nd word in reply to any request is 'off'!

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Clevedon_Red said:

This was their previous artist impression of a redeveloped Mem. Can't see this plan being built - corners were earmarked for student flats for starters.

s2-photos6.jpg

Looking at the size of that with absolutely no car park, how did planning permission get granted with relative ease? 

Street parking around there is murder when 8k turn up. I know it's bad down the gate but we were already in a 20k stadium and have the park and ride (in theory) to ease congestion. 

How big was that stadium supposed to be? And can anybody remember the argument they made to show local infrastructure could cope?

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I agree. Look how we had to jump through hoops really parking etc. They're in a far worse position than we were IMHO. Just because they can build to 17/18k doesn't mean they would be allowed to.

As to using the Gate, I would hope the 2nd word in reply to any request is 'off'!

I don't mind them sharing the gate, charge them 1.5 million a week and put a clause that they have to pay £100 a ticket and we get to keep all the proceeds 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

They are cheeky pikey squatters. They don't want to go anywhere near 'Trashton' because it's full of shit. Even some of them refused to go and watch Bristol Rugby play there, but they are quite happy to use it whilst the Mem is flattened for rebuilding. Let's hope that the only rebuilding to be done on a flattened Mem would be houses! **** off Irene. I thought we had got rid of them for good in 2014, but they had to come back and start festering again. It's like turning up to a PE lesson every week and being sent to scavenge through lost property for some kit!

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Like 3

Just now, Monkeh said:

I don't mind them sharing the gate, charge them 1.5 million a week and put a clause that they have to pay £100 a ticket and we get to keep all the proceeds 

I think we could stretch to allowing them to keep all proceeds from the half time draw tickets,lets not be mean.

4 hours ago, B block said:

No plan of the design

no money to fund it

no planning in place

debt accumulating at 1.5 million a year

i can't see them surviving, their one bad season from oblivion

They are one bad debt from administration in my opinion. That is little different to the state they were in during Higgs's tenure.

45 minutes ago, Clevedon_Red said:

This was their previous artist impression of a redeveloped Mem. Can't see this plan being built - corners were earmarked for student flats for starters.

s2-photos6.jpg

The 2 stands closest on that picture would be possible (space wise) the other 2..? I don't think so. 

Not without moving the whole ground across several meters. 

But then where would parking be made available..? 

Oh and money. You need money to do this..! 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, pride of the west said:

Anyone want them to win tonight so we can draw them at home next round so 22000 of us can sing 'we've got our stadium'?

Then stuff em 6 nil with a Matty Taylor hatrick

We do not want those vermin at our ground ever again. They will try to tear it down and blame horses in the home end (or something)

17 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

How big was that stadium supposed to be? And can anybody remember the argument they made to show local infrastructure could cope?

I seem to remember that they were going to get the students who were living in the accommodation to sign a bit of paper promising that they would not own a car! The fact they never said how it was going to be enforced shows it was more to do with handshakes in high places. Not sure if Wally has greased enough palms yet?

The apathy of Rovers fans about this and everything else sums them up.

If we were fed decades of under investment, broken promises and third world conditions there would rightly be all sorts of protests.

They as a supporter base seem to have no method of getting answers or challenging things. The lack of coherent support groups on their small patch of the city only goes to show how the 'most passionate fans in the world' are so use to being fed shit that they just accept it.

And long may that continue.

• Like 3

Just now, Bristol Rob said:

If we were fed decades of under investment, broken promises and third world conditions there would rightly be all sorts of protests.

They as a supporter base seem to have no method of getting answers or challenging things. The lack of coherent support groups on their small patch of the city only goes to show how the 'most passionate fans in the world' are so use to being fed shit that they just accept it.

christ there were talks of protests and one very loud boooooo when we appoint a new manager

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

43490f30c10ea07ab4c9512c1ba2ac47.png

8 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I seem to remember that they were going to get the students who were living in the accommodation to sign a bit of paper promising that they would not own a car! The fact they never said how it was going to be enforced shows it was more to do with handshakes in high places. Not sure if Wally has greased enough palms yet?

He hasn't got enough grease

just having a thought, a company I previously worked for, we were sat in the office one day and suddenly we were getting a new coat of paint a new carpet and the windows cleaned,

We thought it was odd at the time, anyway by the end of the month, said company was sold off and 3 weeks later we were made redundant........just thought thats relevent to whats going on at the gas 

Haven't heard that one! Where does it originate from?

bills not been paid since march is the rumour, solicitors letters sent, etc etc,

would tie up with pulling out of UWE as they couldn't provide proof of funds,  etc,

Just rumours though

Haven't heard that one! Where does it originate from?

It can only be one person, our old friend Henbury Gas:-

"Training ground – we have a £30,000 fence which is not fit for purpose which we still have not paid for it yet."

...under the heading,

Its Not Doom and Gloom... Yet

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/10132

1 hour ago, Nibor said:

That isn't how planning or the legal system works.  Precedent doesn't come into planning.

The council are perfectly within their rights to arrive at a different decision even if the application was exactly the same because many other external factors could be different.

The only appeal is a judicial review and for that to succeed it has to be shown that there was something wrong with the decision in a very narrow set of criteria based on the procedure applied not the actual decision.

Even if you win a judicial review it doesn't mean you get the decision you want, the court could simply direct the council to make the decision again.

Worth pointing out that typically judicial review is eye wateringly expensive too.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Groundshare at AG indeed, can anybody believe these idiots  ? :rofl2br:

One of the shortest conversations ever known, I would assume !

Wally : "Hello Steve, can we share A.G with you ?"

SL : "No"

Wally : "Oh, right......I'll get my camel"................

• Like 4
  • Haha 4