IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

Where is this corridor of power ?

Is it next to the channel of delusion ?

Wouldn't be surprised at them putting the feelers out for a sale to see what they could get and I think its obvious that Wally isn't all there. Setting up a development squad and acquiring a plot of land for a training complex with no discernible evidence of being able to fund it would indicate a level of delusion. 

Probably made a profit on the extra ST sales if rumours (owned by ex Rovers board members, cheap land) are to go by. Along with the top 6 budget statement that was retracted after ST sales finished.

Edited by Tammys Scan

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

Where is this corridor of power ?

Is it next to the channel of delusion ?

Wouldn't be surprised at them putting the feelers out for a sale to see what they could get and I think its obvious that Wally isn't all there. Setting up a development squad and acquiring a plot of land for a training complex with no discernible evidence of being able to fund it would indicate a level of delusion. 

Boycott always talks about the corridor of uncertainty, is this in the same house?

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bert tann said:

Talk in the corridor of power yesterday was of the Mem being discreetly put up for sale and the club President being not all there.

Sorry Bert - did you mean sell off the ground rather than the club?

That's mad.

Current position is:

Ground valued at £11m

Loan from Dwane Sports now c. £9m secured against it and accruing interest at 6% - so currently over half a million a year.

Land for training ground c. £1m

If the ground is sold for the £11m today then the loan is repaid.  This leaves:

£2m cash

The annual losses are running at c. £1.3m before interest and before paying any rent to play at the now sold ground (assuming they still can) so say ?£0.3m to rent it at a 3% return.

After one year:

£0.4m cash

Atfer two years:

-£0.2m overdraft

Training ground sold.

Hmmm... this looks like a cracking plan  :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Sorry Bert - did you mean sell off the ground rather than the club?

That's mad.

Current position is:

Ground valued at £11m

Loan from Dwane Sports now c. £9m secured against it and accruing interest at 6% - so currently over half a million a year.

If the ground is sold for the £11m today then the loan is repaid.  This leaves:

£2m cash

The annual losses are running at c. £1.3m before interest and before paying any rent to play at the now sold ground (assuming they still can) so say ?£0.3m to rent it at a 3% return.

After one year:

£0.4m cash

Atfer two years:

-£0.2m overdraft

Training ground sold.

Hmmm... this looks like a cracking plan  :facepalm:

Would imagine the rent would be a lot more than 300k.

Be amazed with a stadium in that state if maintenance wasn't close to half a million a year just to keep it ticking over.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would imagine the rent would be a lot more than 300k.

Be amazed with a stadium in that state if maintenance wasn't close to half a million a year just to keep it ticking over.

I was trying to be generous!  It's easy to say that they've run out of money or imminently bust but neither is actually the case (nor, as I understand it, are they having trouble paying creditors).

My previous calculations, which didn't assume that they sold the ground, suggested that they will have fully drawn down the loan by March so have no more available cash unless Wael puts some family money in without security.  Hence my expectation of their being quietly offered for sale now and very loudly offered for sale from January.

If they're going to merrily flog off the stadium and then the trading ground they are giving themselves two years breathing space but then have absolutely nothing left.

I'm baffled; if I wanted to take over the Rovers and make them fold then this sort of asset stripping is exactly what I would do.

Still just a rumour ATM; fortunately for them.

12 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I was trying to be generous!  It's easy to say that they've run out of money or imminently bust but neither is actually the case (nor, as I understand it, are they having trouble paying creditors).

My previous calculations, which didn't assume that they sold the ground, suggested that they will have fully drawn down the loan by March so have no more available cash unless Wael puts some family money in without security.  Hence my expectation of their being quietly offered for sale now and very loudly offered for sale from January.

If they're going to merrily flog off the stadium and then the trading ground they are giving themselves two years breathing space but then have absolutely nothing left.

I'm baffled; if I wanted to take over the Rovers and make them fold then this sort of asset stripping is exactly what I would do.

Still just a rumour ATM; fortunately for them.

I`m sure it must be well known within the game that there may be financial issues at BRFC though so that is inevitably going to make trading more difficult. Any contractors/suppliers may well be looking for cash up front, performance bonds and the like as their credit may not be perceived as good. If they want to sign anyone (I know, I know) any selling club will want cash on the nail and no stage payments as well I should think.

Worrying times for them whatever is going on.

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

That was against the gas in 1995.

The last postponement at Ashton Gate was on Boxing Day a couple of seasons age when we were due to play Peterborough.  They was a massive down pour prior to kick -off and the game was cancelled minutes before it was due to start.

I thought the most recently cancelled Boxing Day match was versus Watford?

13 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I thought the most recently cancelled Boxing Day match was versus Watford?

It was I think, the year they tore up the championship with Vydra et al

The weather was just as bad for the rearranged game on a Tuesday - we won 2-0 as they put out a weakened side and we reckoned Vialli (?) had thought they would win easily so rested loads. First clean sheet we`d kept that season too IIRC.

21 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I see the lovely ' family club' up the road had another five fans thrown out on Saturday. One for alleged racist comment towards a Walsall player, three for consuming drugs and one for being drunk and incapable !!

Source eve post ! 

A few of them rating the pissed/drugged up fans being lobbed out. 

What sort of divvy is so ****** at 4pm (assuming it was around HT) on a Saturday they cannot stand any longer? 

Saw some Rovers try and justify the racists by point scoring against us and saying we were chanting about one of their players dying of cancer. In the early 80s. 

Okay lads. 

7 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Anyone catch Dopey claiming that League 1 is the most competitive out of the 4 divisions :blink:...i kid you not.

Can someone send the DVD (maybe video as it's them) of our last year in Div 1,  not that competitive that year. 

To be fair he's right, if they were in any of the divisions above where there are now they wouldn't be competitive at all either.

• Admin
14 hours ago, Spoons said:

I see the lovely ' family club' up the road had another five fans thrown out on Saturday. One for alleged racist comment towards a Walsall player, three for consuming drugs and one for being drunk and incapable !!

Source eve post ! 

The racist comment fan must be a moron, but I can understand the drunk - there have been times over the years that's it's been difficult, if not impossible to watch City sober, it must be tenfold having to go to the tented dump and watch them..... and taking drugs, I wouldn't get too excited about it, I doubt 100% of our fans would test clear on a match day......

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Coombsy said:

They think weal a fan of rovers 

he don't care about them it's all about profit at the end of day

the family will strip the club get as much out of it and sale 

when he was at London trying to find investors or a buyer 

their was no takers 

Rovers weren't even his first choice. Says it all.

On 9/8/2017 at 09:14, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Play football with plenty of them. Obviously nice people and loved the banter last year with Matty Taylor. I want to see City do better than Rovers and I want us to beat them when we play more than any other fixture, but I'd never ever wish they went bust. 

Going to leave this here

A bit late watching this. I knew the incredibel story of Divvy, but I have never seen this before. What an incredible bit of footage. Thanks for sharing. Puts EVERYTHING in perspective. Love football, love where you are from. No other sport comes close.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 09:45, steviestevieneville said:

I love how none of them has picked up he is the only owner in the country that walks around in his own initialled training gear . The blokes as delusional as his fans :laughcont:

Please tell me this isn't true?! OMG if is, that is just out of this world hilarious. This is turning into the best sit-com ever.

6 minutes ago, Super said:

I see they are creaming themselves over the thought of them taking more to Wolves next week than we will tomorrow.

Since they last played Wolves at Molineux in 1992 we've been there 11 times  :laughcont:

Can't believe this as well, they've only played Wolves 14 times in their entire history! Games involving us and Wolves? Tomorrow night will be the 66th meeting between the two clubs!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Super said:

I see they are creaming themselves over the thought of them taking more to Wolves next week than we will tomorrow.

3-4000 they were confidently predicting a couple of weeks back. 

Funny how they suddenly show some interest for cup matches at big grounds they rarely visit but only manage a meagre 400 or so when visiting Bradford and Bury.

Only 8000 of them again at home last Saturday. God knows why they insist on bringing up attendances all the time?