IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

More unsubstantiated, deluded bullsh1t from the uber fans over in BS7. We're all glory hunting 'plastics' now, waiting to charge up to the Mem! :crying: I wish I knew that 40 odd years ago. :blink: As for 'the % of support stays the same'? No it doesn't. Is 7,000 compared to 21,000 (33%) the same as 6,000 is to 13,000 (46%)  then? They are totally brain dead, absolute whoppers! Their support is now 1/3 of ours, supported by both attendances and season ticket holders (~5,000 and falling in comparison to 15,500 and rising) and their % is falling as well. Long may it continue.

'If you're going to be a gashead you're going to be a gashead. It will be driven by family and/or the first game you're take to and then the bug bites. There are far more many man utd fans in Bristol than there are gasheads. We've always been in the shadow of the Dark Side of BS3, but the % of support remains the same. The ones who go to Trashton when they are doing well just because they are doing well stops as soon as they're not doing well. The majority of our support go to our games come what may, home and away, rain or shine.
IF we ever became a 'bigger' club then those 'plastics' down at Trashton would come and see us'.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 7

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

More unsubstantiated, deluded bullsh1t from the uber fans over in BS7. We're all glory hunting 'plastics' now, waiting to charge up to the Mem! :crying: I wish I knew that 40 odd years ago. :blink: As for 'the % of support stays the same'? No it doesn't. Is 7,000 compared to 21,000 (33%) the same as 6,000 is to 13,000 (46%)  then? They are totally brain dead, absolute whoppers! Their support is now 1/3 of ours, supported by both attendances and season ticket holders (~5,000 and falling in comparison to 15,500 and rising) and their % is falling as well. Long may it continue.

'If you're going to be a gashead you're going to be a gashead. It will be driven by family and/or the first game you're take to and then the bug bites. There are far more many man utd fans in Bristol than there are gasheads. We've always been in the shadow of the Dark Side of BS3, but the % of support remains the same. The ones who go to Trashton when they are doing well just because they are doing well stops as soon as they're not doing well. The majority of our support go to our games come what may, home and away, rain or shine.
IF we ever became a 'bigger' club then those 'plastics' down at Trashton would come and see us'.

It's very strange isn't it, that because we're better in every single measurable way, we're plastic glory hunters who hate real football, and they're the plucky underdogs bravely fighting against the money laden teds. They're just a wanky tinpot outfit and no amount of circlejerk and backslapping will change that.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's very strange isn't it, that because we're better in every single measurable way, we're plastic glory hunters who hate real football, and they're the plucky underdogs bravely fighting against the money laden teds. They're just a wanky tinpot outfit and no amount of circlejerk and backslapping will change that.

Seems pretty accurate to me ZE! :thumbsup:  Can't you just sense the jealousy emanating from the sag waffle? :yes:

6 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Seems pretty accurate to me ZE! :thumbsup:  Can't you just sense the jealousy emanating from the sag waffle? :yes:

You can smell it and all, on a matchday its like a big cloud of boiled piss floating above the Gloucester Road. :laughcont:

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Cracking work cityal. If things stay as they are, we must be close to a record deficit this season then? 

Not quite, the record season so far was in 1979 when we averaged 22,306 and they averaged just 7593 (14713 difference) which meant they needed to increase their gate a further 193.8% - 200% equates to triple their average gate.

I am not sure what the averages for this current season I think we are just under 20k and they must be around lower 9K or upper 8k. This is likely to mean this year we'd be looking at something like 120 or 130% just over double theirs.

7 hours ago, Tom Fleuriot said:

Good stuff @cityal  any chance of putting each team’s league position in that graph?

That might be a bit tricky to show on this graph - i'll have a think about how to improve it

The graph as presented could be a bit better - I may need to work out if I can get a higher res version somewhere.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cityal said:

I think it is high time to dispel this rubbish about "core support" with every gashead's nemesis - "facts" as opposed to #gaslogic

I took some time to analyse the historical attendance data often linked in this thread to see exactly how core support stacked up over the years between the two clubs. Needless to say if that website's data is even partially correct (and there is no reason to particularly doubt it) it confirms what we all knew already.

So how to read this graph.....

It is based on the percentage difference in average attendances between the two clubs.  A blue bar means the gas were better supported that year, a red bar City were better supported. The size of the bar indicates the percentage difference in attendance.

For each year there is data (back to 1921, but none through WWII) I worked out the difference in attendance as a percentage of the lower of the two attendances - essentially what this figure tells you is how much the lower attended club would have needed to increase their own attendance to match the better supported club that year.

As an example last year we averaged 19256 and the blue few averaged 9302 - the difference is 9954, and that equates to an extra 107% deluded half-wits they would have needed to find (and fit into their dump) to have matched us.

Some observations....

Since England won the world cup just over 50 years ago rovers have had a higher average attendance once! 

Only on 6 occasions would we have needed a greater than 10% increase on our attendance in a season to match them 

There are 71 occasions where rovers would have needed a greater than 10% increase to match us

City have never needed to make up 50% or more to reach rovers attendance

On 21 occasions we have more than doubled their attendance (all figures >100% on the graph)

So they could technically claim that there were 6 consecutive years where we didn't have larger attendances than them? Darn it, der Gas are just the hugest club and we have no hope of bettering them.....

19 minutes ago, cityal said:

Not quite, the record season so far was in 1979 when we averaged 22,306 and they averaged just 7593 (14713 difference) which meant they needed to increase their gate a further 193.8% - 200% equates to triple their average gate.

I am not sure what the averages for this current season I think we are just under 20k and they must be around lower 9K or upper 8k. This is likely to mean this year we'd be looking at something like 120 or 130% just over double theirs.

we are averaging 19590.6 

can't tell you what they are as they don't published the data on their website (must be embarrassed) but I'm going to say 8000

so  about 140% more then them currently