IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

For AWAY support they are top every year....according to them. It's all about AWAY support....They even wrote a book on it! These stats are of Zero interest to Gasheads. They are the most amazingly AWAY supported team in the country....Well, they are in the top one anyway!

IMG_3932.JPG

Presumably this doesn't include their embarrassing humiliating FA Cup defeats over the years? Thinking about it with that title, not so much a book as a leaflet...

Surname couldn't be any more apt, could it? :facepalm:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Presumably this doesn't include their embarrassing humiliating FA Cup defeats over the years? Thinking about it with that title, not so much a book as a leaflet...

Surname couldn't be any more apt, could it? :facepalm:

to be fair, they are the worthington cup qualifiering round runners up, that is one thing they have over us, we've never missed the league cup while still being a league club

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

it was taken at wycombe, he's celebrating staying up 

"And now you're gonna believe us (NO WE'RE NOT) and now you're gonna believe us (NO WE'RE NOT) and now you're gonna believe us (NO WE'RE NOT) the Gas are staying up (NO YOU'RE NOT!)"......

Still they never learned because a few seasons later it was....

"And now you're gonna believe us (NO WE'RE NOT) and now you're gonna believe us (NO WE'RE NOT) and now you're gonna believe us (NO WE'RE NOT) the SHIT ARE GOING DOWN (NO WE'RE NOT!)"......

No doubt they will prematurely ejaculate this again in the future and make themselves the laughing stock of the West once again!

#Thegiftthatkeepsongiving

Edited by Cheesleysmate
  • Haha 1

Next in line (a day early as the Mrs. is dragging me Christmas shopping tomorrow! )

Gillingham away, owned by our friend Paul Scally, who kindly sent us Tiny Penis free of charge.

Gillingham is a small town in Dorset for any of the few who are travelling, easy trip, should be thousands locked out.

In the Gills squad should be our old mate Scott Wagstaff.

Waggy has restyled himself as a tramp in honour of R*vers greatest ever homeless player :clap:

sw.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cityal said:

:yes: Indeed it does - I will try and improve the graphics and repost over the weekend when I have some time 

I am thinking now of some other infographics and charts I could make once in a while - what i would need though is factual data sources to generate them. I guess there are a few books and stuff with some of this data - however I am hesitant to type something like "Bristol Rovers official History" into a browser for fear of getting profiled as a gashead by Google, Amazon etc and linked with titles like "Boob Cricket: Rules and Regualtions", "The Dummies guide to being a racist"  and "Horse punching for beginners" 

On a serious note if anyone knows of any reliable away attendance datasets I could look at debunking the whole "travelling away in massive numbers, its what we do"  bullshit

Don't give all your secrets away Cityal - you might find you get hooked on this stuff and have enough material to write a book on it. I find there is surprisingly little comprehensive and accurate and up to date material out there.

Football League club Gillingham is in north Kent, it’s one of the Medway towns. A difficult place to get to  as I discovered when I saw us play there.

There is another Gillingham which is in the South of England (possibly Dorset). I remember it as I saw my first Bristol City match when we played them in the FA Cup 1st round on 5 November 1960 (I think). We won 11-0 (a club record) with John Atyeo scoring 5 goals 

43 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Next in line (a day early as the Mrs. is dragging me Christmas shopping tomorrow! )

Gillingham away, owned by our friend Paul Scally, who kindly sent us Tiny Penis free of charge.

Gillingham is a small town in Dorset for any of the few who are travelling, easy trip, should be thousands locked out.

In the Gills squad should be our old mate Scott Wagstaff.

Waggy has restyled himself as a tramp in honour of R*vers greatest ever homeless player :clap:

sw.jpg

It would seem your humorous post, just like sparrows and the late Chris Crowe, has flown over the heads of some on here. 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

Football League club Gillingham is in north Kent, it’s one of the Medway towns. A difficult place to get to  as I discovered when I saw us play there.

There is another Gillingham which is in the South of England (possibly Dorset). I remember it as I saw my first Bristol City match when we played them in the FA Cup 1st round on 5 November 1960 (I think). We won 11-0 (a club record) with John Atyeo scoring 5 goals 

Yep, the other Gillingham is in Dorset.

40 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

I think this may have been against Chichester not Gillingham. I was there but just 12 years old.

• Like 2

Just now, cityal said:

:yes: Indeed it does - I will try and improve the graphics and repost over the weekend when I have some time 

I am thinking now of some other infographics and charts I could make once in a while - what i would need though is factual data sources to generate them. I guess there are a few books and stuff with some of this data - however I am hesitant to type something like "Bristol Rovers official History" into a browser for fear of getting profiled as a gashead by Google, Amazon etc and linked with titles like "Boob Cricket: Rules and Regualtions", "The Dummies guide to being a racist"  and "Horse punching for beginners" 

On a serious note if anyone knows of any reliable away attendance datasets I could look at debunking the whole "travelling away in massive numbers, its what we do"  bullshit

can we have it as a pie chart, just so I can see the little slice they have.

• Admin
7 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

For AWAY support they are top every year....according to them. It's all about AWAY support....They even wrote a book on it! These stats are of Zero interest to Gasheads. They are the most amazingly AWAY supported team in the country....Well, they are in the top one anyway!

The irony......  they are in the financial mire and they boast about their away support, whilst I’m sure the team like the travelling support, all it does is financially benefit their opponents, not putting a single penny in their coffers.  Keep it up!!

stevek192 Avatar
When are people going to realise that whether you are rose tinted, happy clapping or the most miserable b----d around we are never going to see anything other than a few touches of paint and new toilet facilities at the Mem. Just look at the number of people that were employed to design a NEW STADIUM only to, in one day make the decision to scrap it and give up. We had the person who designed Wembley stadium employed for quite a while and I have just now given up on our owners producing anything. Why should they do anything at the Mem when they told us in no uncertain terms that a development of the Mem was a no goer and yet when news of their failure to secure UWE failed suddenly it became our Plan B. look out its nearly Christmas so Plan C Santas Grotto will soon be realised!!

As far as i am concerned the Mem is still a no goer, if it did get done, which I sincerly think it wont, the infra structure around the ground will make it a  nightmare to operate. 

At the blue diamond Christmas I asked  Mr Hamer if the club were still looking for land to build a stadium, he being the politition he is gave an  answer that, as usual, said nothing. When I told him of the land becoming available in Severnside, over a 1000 acres of land for development, He said is it free it was blatently ovious that he knew nothing about it, so what does that tell you? 

If I can find that and the details of the agreement between Bristol and south Glos council, that is a matter of record, in 5 minutes of surfing, it just shows to me that they are not even looking.

Before any posters complain that they dont want a stadium there, well if it was a choice between that or a revamped Mem I know which I would prefer.

Its not really a matter of where the land is, what matters it he didnt know about it.And would want it for free.

1 hour ago, nick jones of hereford said:

You got the score and the exact date correct, but alas we were playing Chichester in the FA Cup that day....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You got the score and the exact date correct, but alas we were playing Chichester in the FA Cup that day....

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Well, hardly alas, because we won 11-0!

Yes I stand corrected. It was Chichester. 

My memory tells me that my next match was against Dartford in the second round. We won 8-2.

my third match was in the League against Notts County. We won that match 6-0 scoring all our goals in the first half.... so at the end I commented on the lack of goals. 

Happy days 

12 minutes ago, nick jones of hereford said:

Yes I stand corrected. It was Chichester. 

My memory tells me that my next match was against Dartford in the second round. We won 8-2.

my third match was in the League against Notts County. We won that match 6-0 scoring all our goals in the first half.... so at the end I commented on the lack of goals. 

Happy days 

You had better start coming again!!:whistle:

9 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

IMG_3932.JPG

Seriously though, how many people actually buy this sort of "book"?

50?

Who wants to read shite like "remember that time we took 500 to Leyton Orient & we drew 1-1"?

The definition of minority interest..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Seriously though, how many people actually buy this sort of "book"?

50?

Who wants to read shite like "remember that time we took 500 to Leyton Orient & we drew 1-1"?

The definition of minority interest..

50 want to buy it, but the print run will be just 1.

It's the publishing equivalent of being locked out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1