IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

20 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

50 want to buy it, but the print run will be just 1.

It's the publishing equivalent of being locked out.

All joking aside I would have thought if any club did a book like this most fans of that club would enjoy it. Everyone has a favourite away day and memories like that are the ones that you will take to the grave. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

All joking aside I would have thought if any club did a book like this most fans of that club would enjoy it. Everyone has a favourite away day and memories like that are the ones that you will take to the grave. 

Should start a thread on this subject.  I shall never forget Coventry away at Highfield Road for as long as I live.  The game that nobody wanted to win.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Surely that won`t be in Mansfield`s away days book as there weren`t any of their fans there. It was all teds in the away end I was told.

Yeah that's true, City fans singing City songs....the Blackthorn End didn't like it, and apparently there were loads of dirty Ted's waiting outside the Mem to take the piss, so all the fans stayed in the ground, rioted, picked up banning orders and punched a horse and it was all the Ted's fault!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Yeah that's true, City fans singing City songs....the Blackthorn End didn't like it, and apparently there were loads of dirty Ted's waiting outside the Mem to take the piss, so all the fans stayed in the ground, rioted, picked up banning orders and punched a horse and it was all the Ted's fault!

Uncanny! That`s exactly what I was told when I took my laptop in to be fixed last week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You call it a grave. We call it a camp site and some people call it a Memorial Ground.

Ahh, the use of language.

• Like 1

On 13/12/2017 at 02:25, havanatopia said:

Lets not forget the barren landscape of old industrial Avonmouth; looking at Red Raw's posting of that brilliant map below we can safely say that those chemical complexes of Avonmouth are Gas lands. Literally and figuratively. They do like living up to their name it seems. 

I notice there is a Zinc Road, The Esso Terminal, a Household waste centre and even Portable Toilets Ltd off St Andrews Road so now we know. Not a single City season ticket holder in that wasteland; its all Gas.

False news, i live in avonmouth and can assure you it's atleast 70/30 split in favour of city :). Easily. 

11 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Should start a thread on this subject.  I shall never forget Coventry away at Highfield Road for as long as I live.  The game that nobody wanted to win.

Totally agree, I’m happy to write a book on it if there are enough contributions and enough interest. Basically I’ve been a writer both professionally and personally for over 25 years.

My two faves are Gas away FA Cup 1983 and Bradford away League Cup 1989...

Edited by BS4 on Tour...
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

My two faves are Gas away FA Cup 1983 and Bradford away League Cup 1989...

There have been a few threads on this. I loved going to Eastville, massive open end held  about 6k of us I believe. As for away days , Cov (obvs) , but Chester was one of the best ways to clinch promotion and one of my favs. Swansea 5-0 , Liverpool , Leicester (Jacki) , Forest semifinal , the 4-0 at Brum and on and on.

• Like 3