IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Rovers fan on H&J on Talksport now just phoned in and although said fair play to City he then undid his praise by saying one thing we (Rovers) do have over them (City) is our support, we have a bigger Away following and everyone tells us how great we are etc etc blah blah blah unreal!!

They have become a self-parody.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Rovers fan on H&J on Talksport now just phoned in and although said fair play to City he then undid his praise by saying one thing we (Rovers) do have over them (City) is our support, we have a bigger Away following and everyone tells us how great we are etc etc blah blah blah unreal!!

Just wait to see what support we take to the Etihad then.

22 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You just have to laugh at the most deluded of deluded :laughcont:

**** them.
When we hit rock bottom we stood strong and supported our club , they didn’t even fall as far as us and they turned their backs in 1982 and their club died.
They hate the fact that our hardcore support is stronger than theirs and they know that whatever a mess our club is in we’ll always stick with it and not turn our backs.
I want our owners to give us the facilities that we deserve but I don’t ever want to be like them.
Like another poster said they used to get crowds of 28,000 in the 70s and 25,000 of those disappeared when the going got tough only a few years later.
And don’t forget we beat the Busby babes 4-0 so we’ve still got the most impressive record match v Man UTD.
FTG'

Such an embarrassing post, any self respecting Rovers fan (there must be a few surely) must cringe reading this sort of thing?  

4 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

pretty ****"in far from wanting to be like you...enjoy the media w"nkfest going on today...though god knows you have proven more than capable of doing that amongst yourselves...past masters at it...

A barrel of John Smiths right there - brilliant

4 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

pretty ****"in far from wanting to be like you...enjoy the media w"nkfest going on today...though god knows you have proven more than capable of doing that amongst yourselves...past masters at it...

Serious question, why do Rovers fans think they have a better fanbase than City, when the facts, since time began, prove beyond all doubt that you don’t, and that’s both Home and Away attendances?  I’m genuinely intrigued and would love an answer

I just assumed it’s just a running joke between the Rovers fans, as you all know it’s rediculous to say you have more fans when it can so easily be proven that City have more fans as attendances are always published and recorded, and have been for all time.

8 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Please... you could only dream of being in a cup competition after Christmas (the Gloucester cup doesn’t count! Although you probably lost to Yate or something)

You’re jealous of our stadium and the fact we more than double your attendances. 

So little sag head go back to your delusional world where every club is in awe of Roverzzz and the success they have had. 

16 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Bless, the neanderthal worked out how to use a computer?! Whats next? Fire? 

4 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Please... you could only dream of being in a cup competition after Christmas (the Gloucester cup doesn’t count! Although you probably lost to Yate or something)

You’re jealous of our stadium and the fact we more than double your attendances. 

So little sag head go back to your delusional world where every club is in awe of Roverzzz and the success they have had. 

I hope he comes back with some 1982 or franchise insults, you know how all City fans get so upset with that kind of thing 

47 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I heard him,deluded fool.

21 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Enjoy the film last night? Good money spinner I imagine.. Probably raised enough to repay the staff you've been ripping off by not paying minimum wage. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You just have to laugh at the most deluded of deluded :laughcont:

**** them.
When we hit rock bottom we stood strong and supported our club , they didn’t even fall as far as us and they turned their backs in 1982 and their club died.
They hate the fact that our hardcore support is stronger than theirs and they know that whatever a mess our club is in we’ll always stick with it and not turn our backs.
I want our owners to give us the facilities that we deserve but I don’t ever want to be like them.
Like another poster said they used to get crowds of 28,000 in the 70s and 25,000 of those disappeared when the going got tough only a few years later.
And don’t forget we beat the Busby babes 4-0 so we’ve still got the most impressive record match v Man UTD.
FTG'

If you ever what to shut up one of the few regarding the "we never turned our backs" argument, just quote the attendance at the historic final ever match at Eastville.  3,576 incase you didn't know!

Also, and I've asked this before, why the acronym FTG?

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Serious question, why do Rovers fans think they have a better fanbase than City, when the facts, since time began, prove beyond all doubt that you don’t, and that’s both Home and Away attendances?  I’m genuinely intrigued and would love an answer

I just assumed it’s just a running joke between the Rovers fans, as you all know it’s rediculous to say you have more fans when it can so easily be proven that City have more fans as attendances are always published and recorded, and have been for all time.

Personally, I have never claimed Rovers have bigger home/away attendances, and have always known City are the bigger club (though if talking number of fans when a nipper growing up in Redland..Rovers had more fans|)....we have as many delusional fans as you do..though I don't doubt the stats you could show...what gets me is the misunderstanding  on the 'jealousy' front...yes, we'd love what you have in terms of stadium/investment...but to be you/like you....nope...might be from the same City but we love our downtrodden roots...though there are many 'red' areas of Bristol I couldn't dream of living in when it comes to all that is downtrodden...

6 minutes ago, myol'man said:

If you ever what to shut up one of the few regarding the "we never turned our backs" argument, just quote the attendance at the historic final ever match at Eastville.  3,576 incase you didn't know!

Also, and I've asked this before, why the acronym FTG?

It did say U .T.G ( up. .  the Gas)

As I understand it the clever website operators we have ensures this changes to FTG on this forum (You can choose any word beginning with F ;)

:yes:

Edited by BobBobSuperBob

2 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Personally, I have never claimed Rovers have bigger home/away attendances, and have always known City are the bigger club (though if talking number of fans when a nipper growing up in Redland..Rovers had more fans|)....we have as many delusional fans as you do..though I don't doubt the stats you could show...what gets me is the misunderstanding  on the 'jealousy' front...yes, we'd love what you have in terms of stadium/investment...but to be you/like you....nope...might be from the same City but we love our downtrodden roots...though there are many 'red' areas of Bristol I couldn't dream of living in when it comes to all that is downtrodden...

Which is it sorry? You want to be skint and shit forever, or want to be like us and have investment and a new/redeveloped stadium?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RedM said:

Wow that’s staggering, I was going to guess a tenth, but I was miles off.

I wouldn’t have swopped any of their players for ours. When you actually see players running (strolling) around the pitch that someone has actually paid those amounts for it just shows football has gone mad.

And to bring this back on topic, I guess the Gas must look at the gulf between them and us and wonder what went wrong. THEY were the ones selling players regularly and making decent profits etc, how did it all slip through their fingers so easily.

If Luke shaw is worth £30m how much is joe worth ? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Pity Danny Baker wasn't the presenter.

He'd have rolled out his line AGAIN, Bristol Rovers fans just a bunch of  'pathological liars'.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Ha ha ha what bitter**** you are. **** off you deluded *****