IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

57 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Unbelievable and just typical of our luck. Our best players, as soon as a higher placed club come in for them they are off. No loyalty, just "thanks for the memories and for turning me into a star player from nothing, need to test myself at the highest level blah blah blah"

The lower league player we want to sign, if indeed we were ever in talks with Khan, decides to stay at tinpot poxy Yeovile to play in front of 2000 home fans, for a gibberimg, mumbling muttering **** of a manager, in a side embedded in a battle to avoid relegation and stay in the Football League.

We have managed to entice 1 Conference player this window, is that the highest level from which we have the clout to sign players?

Absolutely shocking if true.

HA HA HA

So that sag thinks someone who has spent £10000 on his entire squad,is  gibbering,mumbling,muttering **** of a manager,seems to me to be working miracles,I mean £10000 on his entire squad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Arrogant w@n kers.

I don't blame that player if he wanted to stay at Yeovil, they're a bigger club with better facilities for a start.

Angry little Sags are starting to scratch their misshapen heads wondering why no one wants to sign for them? Don't these potential signings realise they would get the chance to play in front of 'huge' 8000 crowds at the Mem every other week? :rofl2br:

The penny has definitely dropped now for the Cadbury Heath lepers. 

Oh well, at least they can turn all of their attention to the disastrous plight of the 82ers as they prey in their locked out droves that we fall at the final hurdle (or preferably earlier) and then we lose all of our best players over the summer and it's back to another relegation battle for the Teds, and no doubt they will be coming for us again!

If the above scenario plays out I fully expect to see them crawling out from the stones that they dwell under to mock our failure whilst failing to acknowledge what a crock of shit their own club is!

1 hour ago, Super said:

And another.......

Rovers miss out on another?

Reports from the Derby Telegraph now that Rovers were one of the sides interested in forward Luke Thomas. The 18-year-old is now reportedly set to join Scottish side St Johnston on loan.

With Matondo too, if both reports are true, it looks like Rovers are in the market for loan players this afternoon - particularly forwards.

Darrell Clarke wanted another winger in before the deadline, could he be trying to bring in a loan player to...........MIND THE GAP?

Fixed

12 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

So that sag thinks someone who has spent £10000 on his entire squad,is  gibbering,mumbling,muttering **** of a manager,seems to me to be working miracles,I mean £10000 on his entire squad.

And what a nice way to describe a man who fought back from near death and still has mental and physical scars from a terrible car crash. You stay classy Gasheads....

• Like 9

1 minute ago, wendyredredrobin said:

The problem is that the sags are offering peanuts in wages and when they see the ground, they think they are jouning a circus.

As if the mud wouldn't be enough to put them off.

I tell ee, they are goin down.

Not this season sadly.

• Sad 1

Reality has dawned for one gas head (baggins) at least!

Afraid this is it chaps. We'll make do with what we have from now till the end of the season.
No big shakes, squad looks pretty capable.
Yep we only need 4 more wins to be safe. 
We’ll beat Shrewsbury, Blackburn, Wigan and Scunthorpe and lose to the all the rest. But we’ll stay up FTG!

And that's been our goal since we got into L1.

Its an old saying and most people don't generally believe it but they could actually be a club that couldn't afford to be promoted.

The increased costs of being a championship side plus the start of the three year countdown clock to switch to an all seater stadium would be extremely difficult if not impossible to budget for when you look at gates of a maximum of 12k.

Edited by Midlands Robin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Aizoon clearly you've trained Horace well

Russgas

Russgas Avatar

Failure is the best teacher in the world. Winning is a trophy, failing is an education.
Member is Online

Posting Level

Next Level in 1029 posts
5 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by Russgas on 5 minutes ago

Threads merged.
I was awoken last night by four Bristol city fans playing football in the street with a hedgehog, I was absolutely disgusted and about to call the RSPCA, when the Hedgehog went 1-0 up.
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Unbelievable and just typical of our luck. Our best players, as soon as a higher placed club come in for them they are off. No loyalty, just "thanks for the memories and for turning me into a star player from nothing, need to test myself at the highest level blah blah blah"

The lower league player we want to sign, if indeed we were ever in talks with Khan, decides to stay at tinpot poxy Yeovile to play in front of 2000 home fans, for a gibberimg, mumbling muttering **** of a manager, in a side embedded in a battle to avoid relegation and stay in the Football League.

We have managed to entice 1 Conference player this window, is that the highest level from which we have the clout to sign players?

Absolutely shocking if true.

HA HA HA

Wasn't just a few years ago the the gash were 'embattled in a battle to avoid relegation and stay in the football league' while 'tinpot poxy Yeovil' were in the Championship? Somewhere the massive club a la tents, haven't reached in eons?

They really don't put any thought into their inane ramblings at all do they? 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

Please can we get this bloke in on loan just to really p*ss them off

gas.jpg

Love to have heard that conversation:

Club secretary ’Pep, Bristol are on the phone ‘

Pep ’Hello , Lee, how are you? Good result on Saturday ‘

Dopey ‘ Hello, Pep, Darrell here ‘

Pep ‘Who?’

Dopey ‘ Darrell Clarke, manager of Bristol Rovers, (phone goes dead) looking to loan some of your players, hello, hello. You still there?

• Haha 6