IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

10 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Gaslogic.

Lansdown lives in Guernsey = tax dodger.

Dwane Sports based in Jersey = shrewd businessmen.

We take 450 to Sheff Utd on a Friday night, Sky, Christmas = “Shit support, embarrassing”

Rovers take 400 to Peterborough on a Saturday = amazing away support.

City have wealthy English owner = plastic club, sugardaddy’s toy.

Rovers get taken over by Arab Chelsea fans = Celebrate.

City fans laugh at how shit Rovers are on their forum = obsessed

Rovers fans start the ‘oh yes’ thread as well as numerous threads over the years on their forum keeping an eye on our Promotion/Relegation battles, put our score on their scoreboard when we are losing whilst their own team are playing in front of them = not obsessed

City redevelop their spiritual home into a 27k all seater stadium = plastic, soulless shithole

Rovers plan to move out of town to a bland 20k identikit bowl with no history = sounds great.

Matty Taylor shafts them = snake 

Matty Taylor shafts Oxford = loyal hero

Rovers have left Bristol in the past and they recently wanted to leave Bristol again...but apparently it’s City who are a ‘franchise’ :blink:

The list goes on.

That is a wonderful post PO’HH....a beautiful summary of their twisted logic....cheers!

• Thanks 1

On 11/04/2018 at 18:23, 54-46 said:

Look at the state of him. What goes through his mind when deciding he wants to look like that 

Truly baffling why anyone would want to make themselves look like a homeless person, perhaps he was one of the ones being paid under the minimum and after training heads to Cabot Circus and his 2nd income comes through professional begging?

I do wonder how the former 'shed' with learning difficulties is getting on up the Mem.

Despite the face Julie confirmed no such incident occurred following his horrific beating, and the fact he was a regular in a backwater de-smutting computer repair shop, who do such a good job at fixing computers that he was in there every week....

Henbury Gas. A legend. A legend in talking bobbins.

Lets not overlook his successful business that if his companies house figures are to be believed likely make him a benefit user.

6 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

City nearly go under in 82 - Gasheads go on and on about us only being a league club since 1982.

Rovers drop down to the Conference - pretend it didn’t happen and continue to bang on about 1982.

They drop down to the conference, they were relegated to league division 5 !!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, myol'man said:

They drop down to the conference, they were relegated to league division 5 !!!

Ain’t it funny how no-one has ever called the conference ‘the 5th division’ apart from they person I disagree withs when they appeared there.

Thought I’d check out how the evolution is getting on at Rovers:

2016/17 

Finished 10th, 66 points, GF 68, GA 70, GD -2

2017/18

Currently 10th (5 games to play), 55 points, GF 57, GA 61, GD -4

If they win 5/5 they will end on 70 points, which is an evolution of 4 points (or 0.087 points per game).

Looking at their remaining fixtures, I think 7 points would be a more realistic return which would mean they end up on 62 points (a devolution of 0.087 points per game).

Edited by Tinmans Love Child

1 hour ago, Juan Kerr said:

Haven't laughed so much since my granny caught her tits in the mangle.

The great Pete and Dud as Derek and Clive - “Laugh? I nearly shat. I haven’t laughed so much since Grandma died or Auntie Ada caught her left tit in the mangle”

4 hours ago, Juan Kerr said:

Haven't laughed so much since my granny caught her tits in the mangle.

2 hours ago, Bianconeri said:

The great Pete and Dud as Derek and Clive - “Laugh? I nearly shat. I haven’t laughed so much since Grandma died or Auntie Ada caught her left tit in the mangle”

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Was it Daley Thompson who quoted it in a live TV interview as well once?

So. The mystery deepens - who was first.

Certainly, the first time I read it was in one of James Clavell's Far East novels (Shogun, Taipan?) and that would have been back in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

From memory, Derek and Clive were around in the late 1970s, so I would hazard a guess that they 'borrowed' the line from JC.

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

So. The mystery deepens - who was first.

Certainly, the first time I read it was in one of James Clavell's Far East novels (Shogun, Taipan?) and that would have been back in the late 1970s/early 1980s.

From memory, Derek and Clive were around in the late 1970s, so I would hazard a guess that they 'borrowed' the line from JC.

That particular quote of Pete and Dud's is from Derek and Clive "Live" which was released in 1976.

Not sure of that helps or not...!!

11 minutes ago, glynriley said:

That particular quote of Pete and Dud's is from Derek and Clive "Live" which was released in 1976.

Not sure of that helps or not...!!

It sat on a shelf for a long time and was only eventually released  by Peter Cook who was apparently jealous or annoyed by Dudley Moores sudden Hollywood success. He released it because he thought the language and the subject matter would embarrass him and lose him work, the opposite happened.

35 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It sat on a shelf for a long time and was only eventually released  by Peter Cook who was apparently jealous or annoyed by Dudley Moores sudden Hollywood success. He released it because he thought the language and the subject matter would embarrass him and lose him work, the opposite happened.

I think it originated in one of the satire shows in the 1960s in the ‘what was the worst job you’ve ever had?’ sketch.

• Like 1

I have a 'disposable' email address which I have used over the years only to receive any and all communications BCFC related. This includes season tickets, OTIB etc. I've had this same email address for well over ten years.

Today at 12.28pm, for the very first time ever, I received an email to that address containing the Bristol Rovers Weekly Newsletter. Am I alone in suddenly receiving this? Suddenly, I don't want to look in my inbox because I feel that its integrity has been defiled.

Has Bristol Sport been hacked? Is it WikiLeaks? Is it Russia? Is it the Jordanian Secret Service? Is it Henbury Gas? We need answers ...

• Like 1