IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

30 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Couldn't bear to watch all of it but check out around 1min 50. The plastic chairs with writing on the back - guaranteed to deter any would be thief!

Absolutely tinpot...

Yes ... I had just spotted that ... how to sum up the whole place in one frame ...

PlasticChairs.thumb.jpg.6dc12ca540af0808d9cb33f0127d1193.jpg

Edited by SirColinOfMansfield
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

There is at least one honest sensible person on their forum, judging by this post:

“If anyone truly believes these takeover by xxxx rumours,and is secure in their source, can they pm me with their details please? I have a friend in Nigeria, head of a petrochemicals company, that needs a bank account in the UK to deposit a massive amount of money in. Trust me. As a bonus, I also have some magic beans I'm willing to sell for the right price.”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Absolutely no truth in the rumour that James Dyson is buying the sags.  Whilst Dyson's may suck, James Dyson is no sucker.

I'm sure that even if James Dyson considered the prospect for ten seconds he would concede that the task of cleaning up the mess that is BRFC would be beyond his considerable capabilities and expertise. They need dyno-rod not a ******* vacuum cleaner.  

After watching that footage I really am struggling to think of a worse ground in the football league most clubs in the last 20 years or so have made some kind of improvements and how many grounds do you visit that have tents for stands. They really are an embarrassment to Bristol. I'm not surprised they take thousands away every other week every ground they visit would be an upgrade on that dump they play at. Although to be fair "these things take time"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fiale said:

I can't understand how they get away with putting up these type of stands - they are meant for temporary seating for events not long term stadium seating.

Don’t clubs get away with it as they say they have plans to relocate/redevelop, that’s how some manage to keep terracing. Brentford for example, think they have to do the work or move within 3 years. Might be more time in the lower leagues?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

Don’t clubs get away with it as they say they have plans to relocate/redevelop, that’s how some manage to keep terracing. Brentford for example, think they have to do the work or move within 3 years. Might be more time in the lower leagues?

you have 3 years from getting promoted to upgrade, brentford got dispensation because of the ground move,

Peterborough installed seats when they went up,

Ifthe gas ever got promoted, they'd have to spend vast sums of money just to bring the ground up to minimum requirements, and frankly a smaller team in the conference like maidenhead might of had promotion blocked with the ground the gas have got 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BS3City said:

Couldn't bear to watch all of it but check out around 1min 50. The plastic chairs with writing on the back - guaranteed to deter any would be thief!

Absolutely tinpot...

I was just about to post the same thing. 

1 min 49 seconds in. WTF...?! ??

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry, am I missing something here. who produced this video? It seems to concentrate on Argyle a lot, so is it them or the gas? Surely the Gas wouldn't emphasise the shittyness of their own ground in this way, would they? 

It was an Argyle supporter PSR. He does every away game. Nicely done to be fair.

He was at the Gate last year and did something similar..

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Thanks 2